Hulu is one most popular streaming services with Fire Stick compatibility. Whether you want to stream live TV or binge-watch shows, it has everything and even more. Hulu Live TV on Firestick transforms the home entertainment means to a whole new way. So, you will never let you miss streaming anything from your couch. For much more refined information, read out this section about the ways on how to install Hulu on Firestick.
What is Hulu?
Hulu is a subscription-based VOD service to watch on the go. It lets you stream your TV shows, movies, series, anime, and Hulu originals. Besides this, Hulu lets you watch live news and sports content. It lets you access the most popular channels and networks like ABC, Fox, CBS, and lots more. With Hulu, you will be able to access the streaming library with more than 80,000 TV episodes and movies. Select plans of Hulu support 65+ top live TV channels without a cable connection. Hulu lets its users record live TV with up to 50 hours of cloud DVR storage.
Guidelines to Install Hulu on Firestick
Installing Hulu on Firestick is much simpler and easier by following the steps given below.
1. On the Firestick home screen, click on the Search icon or the magnifier.
2. Click on the Search tab to type as Hulu by navigating the screen keyboard.
- To voice search for Hulu, press and hold the microphone icon on Fire TV remote on the latest model.
3. Select Hulu when the list of suggestions appears just below the search bar.
4. Navigate to the Apps & Games section to select the Hulu app.
5. On the app info screen, select the Download or Get button to download it.
6. When the download gets completed, highlight the Open button to launch Hulu on Firestick.
- Go to Your Apps & Games section to select Hulu and launch it at any time later.
Why Use VPN with Hulu?
Hulu is a location-specific app and cannot be accessed outside the US. However, a VPN will help you unblock the geo-restrictions while still preserving your identity. Those who are looking for ways to use Hulu from anywhere in the world indeed require a VPN connection. Just connect to the US server and you shall access Hulu on Firestick anonymously.
Alternative – Guidelines to Install Hulu on Firestick using Downloader
Since Hulu is a US-only app, those residing outside of the region shall use Downloader to install it on Firestick.
1. Go to Firestick Settings and select My Fire TV.
2. Choose the Developer Options.
3. Select Apps from Unknown Sources and check if it is turned On.
4. On the prompt, click Turn On to allow third-party app installation on Fire TV.
Sideload Hulu on Firestick using Downloader
It is assumed that you have the Downloader app on Firestick and connected to the US server via a VPN.
1. Navigate to Firestick Settings to select Applications.
2. Select Manage Installed Applications to click on Downloader.
3. Highlight the Launch application to open it on Fire TV.
4. Make a click in the URL field of Downloader under the Home tab.
5. Enter the Hulu URL as bit.ly/3c67Naf and select the GO button.
6. On the following window, select Download Apk to start its downloading.
7. When prompted, click on the Install button.
8. After the installation, choose Done or Open.
9. Then select Delete to remove Hulu apk file from Firestick. Highlight Delete once again on the confirmation popup.
Guidelines to Use Hulu on Firestick
To use Hulu features on Firestick, you need to follow the procedure as given below.
1. Press the Home button of the Firestick remote and choose Apps.
2. Look for Hulu, select it to launch it on the Fire TV.
3. Highlight the Login button to sign in to your Hulu account with the necessary credentials.
- If you are a new user, then choose Start Your Free Trail by providing necessary credentials.
4. Choose Activate on a computer to activate. The Hulu app on Firestick shows an activation code on the screen.
5. Head to hulu.com/activate from phone or PC to enter the activation code.
- When the device gets activated, you will get an activation success email.
6. On the Hulu Welcome screen, click on Login on this device to provide login details. Then press Login.
7. With this, Hulu will ask you to create a personalized Hulu profile. Select the +New Profile.
- You shall select categories, genres to stream movies and TV shows on Hulu.
- Hulu+Live TV subscription users will be prompt to choose TV networks, channels, and sports teams. Then, you need to set your profile name and select Create Profile.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many profiles can I create with one Hulu account?
Hulu supports creating up to 6 personalized profiles with one account. Thus, every other user will be able to keep track of their streaming history, get personalized recommendations, and more.
What are the plans that Hulu has been offering its users?
Hulu has four different plans and you can choose the one that suits you the best. Hulu ($5.99/mo), Hulu-No Ads ($11.99/mo), Hulu+Live TV ($54.99/mo) and Hulu+Live TV-No Ads ($60.99/mo)
How to resolve Hulu loading issues?
If Hulu brings in issues, then try clearing the browser or app cache and force close the Hulu app. You shall even check for updates to get the latest version. When everything fails, just reinstall the Hulu app.
What are the add-ons that Hulu is supporting?
The premium add-ons include HBOmax, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz. Feature add-ons of Hulu include Unlimited Screens, Enhanced DVR, and both. The Network add-on it is supporting includes Espanol and Entertainment.
Can I fix buffering and playback issues on the Hulu app?
Yes. When in such a case, you shall do the following one-by-one. Close the Hulu app, turn off the device and power it back after a minute, check the internet connection. If the issue still holds, then look for updates, clear cache and data, finally uninstall and reinstall the app.