Amazon Fire Stick brings you content just like the way you stream your TV. It revolutionized home entertainment at an affordable price. Firestick holds the support of most Android apps on the Amazon App Store. Even those missing on its official store can be sideloaded on Fire TV. Like most of the streaming devices, you can access Sling TV on Firestick. It is also accessible from Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Android TV, Apple TV, etc. Thus, Sling TV guarantees unlimited streaming just with an internet connection. For more details, you shall look into the section below.
What is Sling TV?
Get the best of live TV with Sling TV. It is available at no cost with limited features while it has three subscription plans. Sling TV includes 200+ channels covering most of the free as well as premium channels of different genres. It covers news, entertainment, kids, lifestyle, international, etc. Besides this, you can also watch 85000 on-demand shows and movies. At $5, you will get 50 hours of cloud DVR, and you can save contents to watch live TV and more later. Meanwhile, you shall check the best live TV apps for Firestick.
Installation Guide of Sling TV on Firestick
Amazon App Store features Sling TV officially, and thus, the installation will not last for more than two minutes.
1. Start from the main screen of Fire TV by selecting the Magnifier (Search) icon from the top-most left corner.
2. On the search screen, hover over the alphabets to type the app name as Sling TV. Select it when you get suggestions just below.
3. Under Apps & Games, look for Sling TV and select it.
4. Click the Download button on its information window to begin its installation on Fire TV.
5. In a minute or two, the download completes, and you will see the Open button. Click on it to launch Sling TV.
Alternative Way – Install Sling TV on Firestick Outside US
Since Sling TV is accessible only from the US, Fire TV users from other regions will face geo-restrictions. To overcome this, the below steps will help you with sideloading Sling TV using the Downloader on Fire TV.
To install a third-party app on Firestick, you should make changes in its settings.
1. Select the Firestick Settings option from its home screen.
2. Choose the Device or My Fire TV or System option based on the Fire TV model.
3. Next, navigate to click on the Developer options.
4. To turn on Apps from Unknown Sources, click on it and choose ON.
5. If you get warned of using third-party apps by Firestick, click Turn On.
Steps to Sideload Sling TV on Firestick
With Downloader on Firestick, you might carry out the below steps in the same order to get Sling TV.
1. Long press the Home button on Fire remote to select Apps and click Downloader to open it.
2. If it loads up with the Home tab selected, click on the http:// field using remote keys.
3. On the following screen, input the URL of Sling TV and press GO.
4. Allow Downloader to connect to the server of Sling TV and download the apk file.
5. On the installation window, you should click on the Install button.
6. After it gets installed, select the Done button. Otherwise, choose Open to launch the app and skip the steps below.
7. When directed to Downloader, select the Delete button twice to remove the apk version of Sling TV from Firestick.
Why Use VPN on Firestick?
Like any other device, Firestick uses the internet or Wi-Fi and thus, in turn, lets ISP and government track your online activity. If you don’t want them to monitor what you stream and surf on the web, then get a VPN. With this, your real IP address gets hidden, and no one can track you. Further, it will let you access geo-restricted services and contents without any limits. VPN connection ensures you don’t get buffering issues while streaming videos.
Guidelines to Use Sling TV on Firestick
Let us begin with the steps to use the Sling TV app on your Amazon Fire Stick.
1. Press and hold the Home key to choose the Application to highlight Manage Installed Applications.
2. Scroll down to click on the Sling TV tile and press the Menu key on remote.
3. Click Move to front, or Move option to start using Sling TV from the Firestick home screen.
4. Click on the Sling TV tile from the top row to launch the app on Fire TV.
5. When it launched, click on the Sign In button available at the bottom right corner.
6. Enter the email address and password that you have provided while at the registration. Click the Sign In button. If you don’t have one, skip to the below section.
7. With this, the home screen of Sling TV will appear with MY TV selected by default
- Click on the +Add tile to add the channel to My Channels and access your favorite channels quickly. Further, it will show channel suggestions based on your watch history.
- In this section, you will find the contents currently telecasting. It will show you contents playing now over satellite. You will find different categories like sports, action and adventure, lifestyle, etc.
- From here, you shall take a look at the programs and their schedule time. Besides live telecast, it will also show upcoming shows.
- Get complete details about different sporting events like hockey, basketball, baseball, and more.
Related: Check out the installation and setup procedure of Hulu on Firestick
Procedure to Sign Up for Sling TV
Here goes the steps if you are looking for guidelines to sign up for the Sling TV account, h.
1. Launch Sling TV app on your Firestick and click on Watch Now 7 Days Free.
2. Choose the plan by clicking on the check box next to the plan you want and click on the Continue button.
3. You shall choose Extras by clicking on the Add button. Further, select Continue.
4. Provide necessary details to create your account and billing information.
Note: Additionally, you can sign up for Sling TV from https://www.slingtv.com as well.
Procedure to Cancel Sling TV Subscription
If you aren’t satisfied with Sling TV, then cancel it by following the steps given below.
1. From the main screen of Sling TV, select the Settings or Gear icon.
2. Select the Account option from the left panel and select Manage Account.
3. On the pop-up, click OK to proceed with adjusting the Sling TV subscription.
4. If you are directed to the web page, sign in to your Sling TV account. Select Settings > Account > Manage Account.
5. Now, click on the Cancel Subscription link to cancel it after following screen instructions.
That’s all about installing and using Sling TV on Fire TV. We think you could stream live TV on Firestick without a cable TV connection and at less price. Got any questions or suggestions regarding the same? You could share them with us using comments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Sling TV plans and pricing?
Sling TV has three plans at different prices based on the channel’s support. Get Sling Orange at $20 with 30+ channels. Sling Blue costs $25 with 45 channels. With Sling Orange + Blue, you can stream 50+ channels at $40.
How to fix issues that occur with Sling TV?
Sling TV brings in issues rarely, and is it can be fixed. Just ensure your internet connectivity and VPN connection. If that didn’t resolve, update the Sling TV app, clear cache, and ensure your device is up-to-date. Reboot the device and finally uninstall and reinstall the Sling TV app.
Can I stream Sling TV on multiple devices with one subscription?
It depends on the Sling TV subscription plan. Sling Orange lets you stream on only one device, whereas Sling Blue supports up to three screens.
What are the Extras available on Sling TV?
Sling TV offers four different Extras at $12. They are Kids Extra, Comedy Extra, Lifestyle Extra, and News Extra.