Amazon Firestick is a portable streaming device that helps to convert your normal TV into a Smart TV. It requires an HDMI cable and internet connection. With that, you can connect it to TV and stream videos, install millions of apps, play music or games on a big screen. You can even watch sports, news, documentaries, and many more by installing the respective apps from the Amazon App Store. But some apps are blocked in some countries due to legal regulations and geo-restrictions. So to access it, you need to use a VPN tool like Hotspot Shield. Let us look into the installation guide and set up of Hotspot Shield VPN on Firestick.
What is Hotspot Shield
Hotspot Shield is a premium VPN service launched in 2008 by Anchorfree, Inc. It is widely used to protect your data and to hide your identity from hackers and snoopers. In addition, it gives enhanced protection to your privacy while you access public WiFi Hotspots. It uses military-grade AES-128 encryption to secure your web traffic. Recently, it has crossed over 650 million downloads worldwide. Let’s see how to install Hotspot Shield on Firestick.
- It is best for torrenting as it hides IP addresses and P2P activity.
- Unblocks Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, and more.
- More than 1800 servers in 80+ countries.
- It gives protection against malware.
- Encryption for passwords, bank transactions, and other personal data.
- Stay secure while accessing Public Wi-Fi.
It offers three subscription plans based on user convenience. To subscribe to Hotspot Shield, visit the webpage.
- Basic Free Plan
- Data is limited to up to 500 MB per day.
- Connection speed is only up to 2 Mbps.
- It supports only one connection.
- Get access to only 1 location.
- Premium – $7.99/month
- 5 simultaneous connections at a time.
- No data restriction.
- Change servers in 115+ locations.
- Connection speed up to 1 Gbps.
- Blocks spam calls.
- It comes with a password manager.
- Premium Family – $11.99/month
- Create up to 5 accounts.
- 25 connections at a time (5 devices per member).
- Internet Speed up to 1 Gbps.
- Servers in 115+ locations.
Guidelines to Install Hotspot Shield on Firestick
The following are the steps to install Hotspot Shield on your Firestick from the Amazon App Store.
(1) First of all, turn on your Firestick and connect it to the internet.
(2) Press the Home button on your Fire TV remote.
(3) On the Firestick home screen, click on the Find tab and select the Search option.
(4) On the search bar, type Hotspot Shield using the virtual keyboard and search for it.
(5) Under the Apps & Games section, tap on the Hotspot Shield.
(6) On the app info window, click on the Get option to install Hotspot Shield on your firestick.
(7) Once it gets installed, click Open to launch the app.
Guidelines to Sideload Hotspot Shield on Firestick
You can alternately download Hotspot Shield using a third-party app like Downloader. This method is highly useful when you cannot find the app on the store, or maybe Hotspot Shield is not available in your location. Follow these instructions one by one to sideload this app.
(1) Hit the Home button on your Fire TV.
(2) Click on the Find tab and select the Search option on the home screen.
(3) Search for the Downloader and install it.
(4) Get back to the Fire TVhome screen and click on Settings.
(5) Choose My Fire TV from the list.
(6) Next, click on Developer Options.
(7) Tap on Install Unknown Apps.
(8) Go ahead and turn on Downloader by highlighting it.
(9) Launch the Downloader app after the installation.
(10) Enter the Hotspot Shield apk link in the URL field and click on the Go option.
(11) This will take a few seconds to download the installation file.
(12) Once it gets done, click Install to get the app on Firestick.
(13) Lastly, click Open to launch the app.
Why Need VPN on Firestick
VPN is a secure service to protect your data and privacy while browsing sites. With this, you can easily unblock geo-censored websites on the go. It protects you by changing your IP address and helps to surf the internet anonymously. A reliable VPN service provider will make sure the data is safe on Firestick. You will get online privacy and security 24/7. Besides, the best VPN on Firestick will let you stream videos without buffering issues.
How to Use Hotspot Shield on Firestick
The following steps will guide you to use Hotspot Shield on Firestick.
(1) Use the Home button on your Firestick remote to choose Apps.
(2) Scroll down and highlight Hotspot Shield.
(3) Further, press the Play/Pause button on your remote and choose Options.
(4) Next, click on Move to Front and go back to the Fire TV home screen to launch Hotspot Shield.
(5) After that, sign in with your Hotspot Shield account credentials.
(6) Finally, choose the VPN server you want to connect to.
(7) Hotspot Shield is now successfully activated on your Firestick.
Related: Windscribe VPN for Firestick: How to Install and Use
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Does Hotspot Shield work on FireStick?
Yes, it works perfectly for all Amazon Fire TV devices.
2) Is Hotspot Shield a premium VPN?
Yes. It is available for free, and there are subscription versions as well. You can choose an ideal plan that meets your requirements.