Digital media streaming players reached millions of households. They offer the most convenient option to watch a multitude of content at a one-low price. Amazon’s Fire Stick is one of the lineups with an official app store. It features several thousands of popular apps listed under different categories. It is also loved for third-party app installation like Android OS. However, the section entirely deals with HBO Max on Firestick.
Note: HBO Max is the rebranded version (successor) of HBO Now. So to use HBO Now on Firestick, you should rely on HBO Max.
HBO Max releases the most awaited movie of the year Zack Snyder’s Justice League on March 18, 2021. You will need to have HBO Max on Firestick to watch your favorite film under DC Extended Universe (DCEU).
What is HBO Max
If you want to access an interesting video-on-demand service, HBO Max is all you need. It was previously known as HBO Now. HBO Max is a subscription-based service to stream addictive series, hit movies, etc. Aside, you shall let enjoy epic and exclusive Max originals. It provides you a personalized streaming experience with the support of up to five viewer profiles. You can download titles to watch the videos on any device without the internet. It provides curated content for kids, and all the titles recommended are done by humans and not robots.
Installation Guidelines of HBO Max on Firestick
HBO Max is officially available on the Amazon App Store. The instructions given below will help you with its installation.
1. With your Fire TV connected to the Wi-Fi, you should select Search (Magnifier icon) on the menu bar.
2. The search window appears with the virtual keyboard. Click on the Search field and type as HBO Max.
3. When you see the suggestions below the search field, select HBO Max.
4. On the following screen, look for HBO Max under Apps & Subscription and click on it.
5. When taken to the app info window, select the Get icon to download it.
6. With this, the installation process will begin, and it will end in a minute or less.
7. If you see the Open button, click on it to launch the app.
Alternative Way: Guidelines to Sideload HBO Max (HBO Now) on Firestick
HBO Max is a geo-restricted streaming service, and you will not find it outside the US and US territories. To take advantage of it, you shall sideload HBO Max apk on Fire TV using Downloader.
The below steps will help you change the Fire TV Settings in such a way you can install a third-party apk.
1. From the Fire TV home, select the Settings option at the top.
2. Using the right directional key of the Fire remote, select My Fire TV.
3. On the next window, click on the Developer options.
4. Then, select the Apps from Unknown Source option and enable it.
5. If you see a warning pop-up, click Turn On.
Steps to Sideload HBO Max on Firestick using Downloader
With the above changes done, you shall proceed with sideloading HBO Max apk on Fire TV. We assumed that Downloader on Firestick is already installed.
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Fire TV from the home screen or under My Apps & Games.
2. When it opens up, click on the URL field under the Home tab.
3. On the following screen, enter the source of HBO Max apk and press GO.
4. The download process of HBO Max will begin, and you will find the progress bar.
5. On the installation pop-up, you need to select Install.
6. With the App installed message, click Open to launch it immediately. Else, press Done to proceed.
7. Select the Delete option on the Download pop-up to remove the HBO Max apk from Fire TV.
8. To confirm, you should click again on the Delete button.
Why Use VPN on Firestick?
Although Firestick is primarily used for streaming purposes, your online activity will still be traced. With the best VPN on Firestick, you can keep your identity private and hidden. A VPN will strongly encrypt your internet connection and blocks government, ISP, etc., from spying on you. With this, you can access any location-specific services and videos. Also, a VPN will unblock the internet throttling, and you can stream content without any buffering issues.
Guidelines to Use HBO Max on Firestick
Here are the steps to use HBO Max on your Fire TV. Make sure you have an HBO Max account by signing up.
1. Press the Home button of the Fire TV remote and select Apps.
2. Navigate to the bottom, highlight HBO Max, and press the Play/Pause button.
3. Choose the Move to Front option to thereby launch HBO Max from the Fire TV home.
4. Now, launch the HBO Max app and wait for it to finish loading.
5. Click Sign In if you have an HBO Max subscription. Even without the login, you shall stream hundreds of titles.
That was all about installing and using HBO Max on Fire TV. You can stream its content without any limits outside the US with a VPN. For any queries, you shall leave a comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the HBO Max subscription?
HBO Max costs $14.99/month, and you will get a 7-day free trial. It is a contract-free service, and you can cancel the plan at any time.
What are the devices I can use HBO Max on?
You can stream HBO Max on Fire TV, Firestick, Android TV, Nvidia Shield, Chromecast, Android TV Boxes, Android phone, iOS, PS3 & PS4, Xbox, etc.
What are popular titles available on HBO Max?
You can stream Warner Bros, DC, Sesame Workshop, Looney Tunes, etc. Additionally, you will find groundbreaking originals like Warrior, Fake Famous, Love Life, Search Party, etc.