Firestick is a powerful streaming player to watch UHD 4K videos on the go. It supports HDR, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, and high-quality Dolby Atmos surround sound. It is designed in a way to hide behind your TV and plug straight into an HDMI port. Firestick comes with a short extension cable, and you can use it if necessary. You can access streaming apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and Amazon Music with one touch using an Alexa-enabled remote. For ad-free innovative, and expert-picked entertainment videos, you should install Vimeo on Firestick.
What is Vimeo
Vimeo is a video-sharing platform that offers content on animation, branded content, comedy, documentary, sports, travel, and much more. It is similar to using YouTube on Firestick, but Vimeo will not display ads while streaming content. Additionally, users can upload videos, watch videos, create playlists, save videos, comment, like, and more. As of 2021, it has over 200 million users globally, with around 1.6 million paid subscribers to its services.
Guide to Install Vimeo on Firestick
You can directly install the Vimeo app from the Amazon App Store itself without a third-party app. So the entire process is very simple, which is given in the steps below.
1) From the firestick home screen, click on the Find menu and select the Search button.
2) Make a click on the search bar to type as Vimeo using the on-screen keyboard.
3) From the search results, select Vimeo.
4) The app description window appears. Tap on the Get button to download the Vimeo app.
5) After the installation, hit Open to launch Vimeo.
Alternate Method: Using Downloader
Vimeo is unfortunately blocked and not accessible from Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, and China. If you are from these countries, install the Vimeo app on Fire TV using Downloader. It is a trusted third-party app available on the Amazon App Store. Firstly, you have to install Downloader on a Firestick and proceed with the steps.
1) Click on the Gear icon on a Firestick home screen.
2) From the list of tiles, choose My Fire TV.
3) Next, tap on the Developer options.
4) Click on Install unknown apps.
5) At last, choose the Downloader and turn it On to allow installation of unknown apps.
Steps to Sideload Vimeo using Downloader
1) Open the Downloader app on your Firestick.
2) Click on Allow button to grant permission for accessing files.
3) Click on the Home tab from the left panel on Downloader Home. Enter the download link of Vimeo on the URL field as https://bit.ly/3FM4CCx.
4) Press Go and click on the Download option to download the installation file.
5) Once it gets completed, tap the Install button.
6) Vimeo app will be installed on your Firestick. Click Done after the installation.
7) If prompted, click on the Delete option to remove the apk file.
Vimeo app will be added to your Firestick home screen. You can locate the app under the Apps section.
Why Use VPN on Firestick
VPN is a service that helps you to stay private online while accessing apps and websites. The combination of the VPN server and the encryption tunnel blocks your ISP, governments, hackers, and anyone else from spying while you surf the internet. VPN servers will forward your internet traffic to the destination server and return the response to you. So you can use any kind of apps on your Firestick safely without any restrictions. It is better to choose VPNs that have a no-logging policy.
How to Activate and Use Vimeo on Firestick
1) Hold the Home button on your Firestick remote.
2) From the list of thumbnails, choose Apps.
3) Highlight the Vimeo app by clicking on it. Select the Options button.
4) Click Move to Front to add the app to the main screen.
5) After that, launch the Vimeo app.
6) Note down the activation that appears on the screen.
7) Visit vimeo.com/activate from a browser.
8) To Sign in, you should key in the Vimeo login details and continue.
9) On the next page, enter the code and click Connect Device button.
10) It will take a few seconds to refresh the content.
That’s it! Now you watch your favorite videos and staff-picked collections on Vimeo.
Related: How to Add, Activate, and Stream PBS Kids on Firestick
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Is Vimeo on Amazon Fire Stick?
Vimeo app is available on the Amazon App Store for free.
2) Can you watch Vimeo without an account?
Yes, you can watch videos without throttling. But you have to sign up for a Basic account if you want to upload any videos.
3) Why is Vimeo video quality better than YouTube?
Vimeo uses a higher bitrate than YouTube and supports higher sound quality.