Firestick is the most preferred media player by those who look for a better cable TV replacement. It is more similar to Android and includes apps on a dedicated app store called Amazon App Store. Besides, users can even sideload third-party apps for unlimited entertainment. Like any device, users of Firestick are recommended to use a VPN for the best of streaming. Surfshark is worth the note if you want to experience a secure internet connection. It is available for a wide range of devices from Android, iOS to PC, Mac, Apple TV, and browsers. Apart, you can use Surfshark VPN on Firestick as well.
What is Surfshark VPN?
Surfshark is one of the most trusted, secured, and reliable VPN connections. It helps you bypass geo-restrictions and stream videos with zero buffering. Surfshark hides the device’s IP address, and all your data will be safe and private. CleanWeb feature will block ads and trackers. Enable whitelister for apps or websites to use without a VPN connection. With Multihop, you can connect to multiple countries at once and thereby keep your identity entirely secured. It has AES-256 bit encryption and uses IKEv2/IPsec protocols.
- No.of.Servers: 3200+ servers
- No.of.Countries: 65 countries
- No.of.Continents: 6 continents
- Live Support: Yes
- P2P & Torrents: Yes
- Money-Back Guarantee: 30 day
- Geo-restrictions: Unblocks most streaming services
- Free Trial: 7-days
- No Log Policy: Yes
Procedure to Install Surfshark VPN Firestick App
Surfshark VPN is officially available for the users of Fire TV. The section below will help you out with Surfshark installation from Amazon App Store.
1. With Firestick connected to the internet, click on the Search option from its home screen.
2. Using the screen keys, type as Surfshark. When the suggestions appear, select Surfshark.
3. Click on the Surfshark tile under the Apps & Games section.
4. Tap the Get button to downloading the Surfshark VPN.
5. Once downloaded, it gets installed on Fire TV. Click Open to launch it.
Also, have a look at our guide on Best VPN for Firestick
Procedure to Sideload Surfshark on Firestick
If you cannot install the Surfshark app from Amazon App Store, here goes the sideloading procedure.
Installing third-party apps as apk on Firestick requires the below changes.
1. On the menu bar of Firestick, select the Settings option.
2. Choose My Fire TV (Device or System).
3. Click on Developer options.
4. Select Apps from Unknown Sources. Turn it ON if it shows OFF.
5. If you get a warning prompt, click Turn On.
Steps to Sideload Surfshark VPN on Firestick using Downloader
The steps given below will let you sideload Surfshark as an apk file on Fire TV. Make sure you have installed Downloader on Fire TV to proceed further.
1. Launch the Downloader app from the home screen of Firestick.
Press and hold the Home key to select Apps > Manage Installed Apps > Downloader > Launch Application.
2. If Downloader launches its home screen, navigate to click on the URL field.
3. Type in the source URL of Surfshark and press GO.
Surfshark URL: https://downloads.surfshark.com/android/Surfshark.apk
4. When Downloader establishes a connection with the above server, file downloading progress will appear on the screen.
5. Choose Install on the installation window on the installation window.
6. After the download, click the Done button. Selecting Open will launch the app instantly.
7. If redirected to Downloader, click Delete to remove the apk file.
8. When prompted to confirm your action, click Delete once again.
Why Use VPN on Firestick?
There are numerous benefits associated with a VPN connection on Firestick. It keeps your online identity, anonymous and private. So not even the government and ISP can track you. Furthermore, it doesn’t bring in any video buffering issues as it prevents ISP throttling. With a VPN, you can take advantage of location-specific websites or apps and access them without limits.
How to Use Surfshark VPN on Firestick?
With the installation of Surfshark VPN, you shall learn to use it on the Firestick.
1. Navigate to the My Apps section on the home screen of Firestick.
2. Select Surfshark VPN and press the Menu key on the remote.
3. Choose Move to front to access it from the home screen of your Fire TV.
4. Highlight Surfshark VPN to launch it on Firestick.
5. Click the Login button if you already have an account. Otherwise, select the Create Account button to sign up for an account.
6. When the home screen of Surfshark VPN appears, click on the Connect button.
7. With this, you will be connected to the fastest server of Surfshark VPN.
- Click the Faster server or Nearest country to manually choose a server.
8. If you see Connected in place of Connect, then Firestick is secured.
That was all the procedure involved in installing and using Surfshark VPN. Hope it was informative. In case of any queries or issues, drop a comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Surfshark VPN come with an ad-blocker?
Yes. Surfshark VPN has a built-in ad-blocker.
How many devices can I use Surfshark VPN?
Surfshark VPN works on unlimited devices. Unlike other VPNs, Surfshark won’t limit you to the number of devices you use it.
Does Surfshark secure your device from malware?
Yes. It keeps your device away not only from malware but also from phishing attempts.
Can I log in to Surfshark on Fire TV from mobile?
Yes. Open Surfshark VPN on your smartphone and go to Settings. Select the Account to choose TV login and scan the QR code on the Firestick screen.
Can I access Netflix with Surfshark?