Amazon Firestick is a streaming device sold by Amazon. It is a USB flash drive and plugs into the TV’s HDMI and turns your ordinary TV into a Smart TV. It brings you thousands of channels to stream. You will love the streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, HBO Now, Amazon Prime Video, and many more channels. Along with movies and TV shows, you can watch sports, music and even play games on Amazon Firestick. Further, the Fire TV remote lets you navigate on the device easily. However, you must use a VPN to protect your device. With the VPN, you keep your privacy safe and secure always online. Luckily, there are many best VPN for Firestick available. If you are confused about selecting the right one, check out this article to install and use NordVPN on Firestick.
What is NordVPN?
NordVPN is one of the best VPN available in the market. It gives you a huge global network of servers, unblocks hundreds of streaming platforms, and has iron-clad security and privacy features. Its optimized P2P servers make it easy to torrent. NordVPN has a network of 5,200 servers in 60 countries. Further, it offers you double VPN protection, military-grade encryption, two different kill switches, and advanced features like a no-logs policy, extra malware protection, and adblocking. With one account, you can connect up to 6 devices at a time. Moreover, the VPN provides you with customer service 24/7, so if you are unable to solve the issues in any case, you can ask for help at any time. NordVPN is available officially on the Amazon App Store. So the installation process is very straightforward. NordVPN is compatible with Mac, Windows, Android, and more.
Installation Guidelines of NordVPN on Firestick
NordVPN is available on Amazon App Store and the steps given below will let you install it on your Firestick device.
1. Launch your Firestick and connect it to the internet connection.
2. On your Firestick home screen, click the Find menu and select the Search option.
3. In the search bar, type and search for the NordVPN app using the on-screen keyboard and highlight the same app in the suggestions.
4. Further, click on Get or Download button, to install NordVPN on Firestick.
5. After the installation, click on Open to launch the app.
Guidelines to Install NordVPN on Firestick (Sideloading)
In case if you face any issues, with the above-given procedure, go ahead with the sideloading method. You shall follow the below-given steps to sideload NordVPN on Firestick.
When you want to install a third-party app, you have to make certain changes on your Firestick device. Look below to enable Install Apps from Unknown Sources.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Firestick.
2. From the home screen click on Settings.
3. Further, select the My Fire TV option under settings.
4. Next, click on Developer Options.
5. Proceed with Install Unknown Apps on the next screen.
6. Enable the toggle for the Downloader app.
Steps to Sideload NordVPN on Firestick
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Firestick from the Apps section from the home screen.
2. Further, click the Home tab on the left pane and highlight the URL field.
3. Enter the NordVPN APK URL https://bit.ly/3kvdt3d and click on Go.
4. Once the app is downloaded, click on the Install button on the next screen.
5. On the next screen click on Done or Open.
6. Proceed to launch the app and use the VPN on Firestick.
Why Use a VPN on Firestick?
A good VPN can protect your web traffic from being snooped on by your ISP’s and governments. With VPN you will have a secure connection online. Further, you can also access geo-restricted content using a good VPN. In addition, it also protects your data when you are on other networks, hiding your browsing category, banking information, and account passwords. Another major benefit of a VPN is its data encryption features. And the VPN is very easy to use.
Guidelines to Use NordVPN on Firestick
Go ahead with the steps given below to use NordVPN on Firestick.
1. On your Firestick home screen and select the Applications.
2. Scroll down and highlight the NordVPN app.
3. Now, press the Play/Pause button on your remote and select Options.
4. Further, select Move to Front and go back to Fire TV home screen and launch NordVPN.
5. If you are a new user, create an account otherwise, Login to your account.
6. Next, click on Connect now button to connect the fastest server on your location.
7. If you want to select a different server, navigate to All Countries and select a country.
8. Further, click OK to accept the connection request.
9. That’s it, now your Firestick device will be connected to the NordVPN server.
NordVPN Not Working on Firestick: Best Fixes
- Reinstall the NordVPN on Firestick
- Restart your Firestick device
- Restart the NordVPN and try again
- Contact the customer service team
NordVPN is one of the must-have best apps on your Firestick. It is good that you use a VPN on your Firestick device to avoid unwanted issues. If you have any issues with the procedure given in this article, do comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get NordVPN on Firestick?
NordVPN is officially available on Amazon App Store for Firestick.
What is the best VPN for Firestick?
Express VPN, CyberGhost VPN, and Private VPN.
Is there any free VPN available for Firestick?
Windscribe is a free VPN for Firestick.