With Amazon’s approval of the Disney+ (Plus) app, Firestick users can stream its contents. There is not much difference found with the interface of Disney Plus on Firestick when compared with its mobile app. However, those with compatible Fire TV models can stream a large number of movies and shows in 4K resolution. Here is all you need to know about Disney Plus on Firestick.
What is Disney+?
Disney+ or Disney Plus is made available as a standalone app in favor of those obsessed with Disney content. It is an OTT streaming service for a seamless video playback experience. It brings you everything from classics to TV, movies, sports, news, kids, and past seasons of popular series. The Disney+ users shall watch exclusive content from Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, Pixel, and National Geographic. There are tens and hundreds of titles available in 4K UHD and HDR quality.
Guidelines to Install Disney+ (Plus) on Firestick
Since Disney Plus is available as a dedicated app for Firestick, installing it will not consume much of your time.
1. Set up your Firestick and connect to your wireless network.
2. Hover to the search icon available on the top left on the Firestick home screen.
3. Enter as Disney Plus with the help of an on-screen keyboard and select the same from the search suggestions.
4. Highlight the Disney+ tile under Apps & Games section.
5. Select Get or Download option to let the app download.
6. Wait for a minute or two for the installation to complete.
7. You will find the Open option in place of Get. Click on it to launch Disney Plus immediately.
8. Optionally, get back to the Home screen and scroll under Your Apps & Channels to select See All.
9. Navigate to the bottom to click on Disney Plus to launch it on Fire OS.
Tip: Further, select Disney Plus to choose the Move option. Move the tile to the front of Your Apps & Channels to access it from the Home screen of Fire TV.
Why Use a VPN with Disney+?
Disney+ is currently available only in certain parts of the world. It is working on expanding its availability gradually to most regions. As of now, you will find Disney+ in countries like the US, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Austria, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Ireland, Switzerland, and India.
If in case your country or region has geo-restrictions over Disney Plus, then we recommend using a VPN. You shall connect to the servers in any of the above countries to stream Disney+ contents. Since the VPN hides your real IP address, you will be able to access Disney+ without getting into geo-restrictions and legal issues.
Guidelines to Use Disney Plus on Firestick
With the installation of Disney Plus, you shall proceed with the steps to use it on Firestick.
1. Go to Your Apps & Channels of Fire TV to launch Disney Plus app.
2. Select the Start Free Trail button if you are a new user of Disney+ or otherwise click Log In.
3. To login, you need to provide your email ID and highlight Continue.
4. On the following screen, create a password and select Continue button.
5. To get the 7-day free trial, choose between the monthly or annual subscription.
6. Finally, check your email inbox for a confirmation message from Disney+ regarding your subscription.
Hope you have been able to get Disney+ on Firestick with the above guidelines. Ask us your queries about the same as comments.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Disney+ cost?
Choosing the monthly subscription costs $6.99 while opting for an annual plan costs $69.99.
Is Disney+ Plus offering a free-trail?
Yes. All those who sign up to Disney+ for the first time will get a 7-day free trial.
Does Disney+ supports downloading contents?
Yes. The users of Disney+ can download most content without any limits. It doesn’t restrict users with the number of titles that can be downloaded. Download contents and watch it on up to ten devices.
Can I watch Disney+ on multiple devices?
Yes. Disney+ users will get a premium ad-free streaming on four screens at once.
What to do when Disney+ isn’t working on Firestick?
Ensure your Firestick has the internet probably the fastest connection. If that isn’t the cause, then you are recommended to restart Firestick.