The price hike of cable TV subscriptions has been the reason for the emergence of streaming media players and services. Amazon’s Firestick is the most loved media player among home entertainment users. Its user interface is easy to navigate and delivers more of an Android experience. It needs to be connected to the HDMI port of your smart TV and works with the internet connection. It has hundreds of compatible apps or channels available on the Amazon App Store. Starz is one of the popular channels available on the store, and it delivers premium entertainment. To know more about and install STARZ on Firestick, you shall read the section below further.
What is STARZ?
STARZ is a subscription service to stream movies, TV, past and current seasons of STARZ original series, etc. Besides streaming, you can download movies and original series. You can subscribe to STARZ directly or get a TV provider subscription to stream its content. It gives you complete control of the viewing experience with this premium streaming service. The library of movies and series gets updated every week, and you get the chance of streaming new titles now and then. The titles are listed under different genres covering drama, comedy, action, adventure, thriller, etc. You can stream titles without ads and TV provider support. It is accessible from Android, iOS, Apple TV, Roku, Android TV, Xbox, and more.
Installation Guidelines of STARZ on Firestick
Fire TV users can take advantage of STARZ as it is available on the Amazon App Store officially.
1. With your Fire TV connected to the WiFi, select Find on the menu bar.
2. Choose the Search tile and type in the search field as STARZ. Select the same from the suggestions.
3. When search results appear, choose STARZ under Apps & Games.
4. On the channel info screen, you shall click Get.
5. Allow the channel installation to complete in a while.
6. To launch it, you need to select Open.
Alternative Method: Guidelines to Sideload STARZ on Firestick
If you can’t install the official version of the STARZ app, you shall try sideloading it. It is assumed you have Downloader on Firestick installed.
As to install STARZ as an apk on Fire TV, the below steps are mandatory.
1. On the Fire TV home, select the Cog icon.
2. Choose the My Fire TV tile from the list of menus.
3. On the following screen, you need to select the Developer Options.
4. Now, highlight Install Unknown Apps.
5. Click Downloader if it shows Off to turn On.
Steps to Sideload STARZ on Firestick using Downloader
Go ahead with the instructions given below to get STARZ apk on Fire TV.
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Fire TV from the home screen.
2. If you have opened it for the first time, you should allow or dismiss any prompt.
3. Downloader opens up with the Home tab, and you should click on the http:// field.
4. Using the on-screen keyboard, type the STARZ apk URL bit.ly/2Tsz7KG and press GO.
5. On the installation window, you should select Install.
6. Choose Open once if you get the App installed message. To remove the apk, you should press Done.
7. Go ahead to click Delete on the Download pop-up.
8. Select Delete on the Confirmation pop-up to remove the apk.
Related: How to Install & Activate TBS on Firestick
Why Use VPN on Firestick
If you want to safeguard the important data available on your Firestick, you shall get a VPN. It will keep your identity anonymous and secure. No one, including the government, ISP, or third parties, can find what your internet activity is. With a VPN, you can unblock the location-specific content and access them without any limits. With a VPN, you will have peace of mind as you know your internet connection is private and protected.
Guidelines to Activate & Use STARZ on Firestick
After installing the STARZ app on your Fire TV, you shall activate it with the below guidelines to access it.
1. Navigate on the Your Apps & Channels section to highlight STARZ.
2. Press the Play/Pause button to select Options.
3. Now, click Move to front. Get back to Fire TV home and launch STARZ.
4. Select Activate your device and note down the activation code.
5. On your phone or PC browser, visit https://activate.starz.com/ and enter the code. Press Submit.
6. With this, you shall log in to your STARZ account and click Sign in.
Installing and activating STARZ on Fire TV involves the above steps. With this, you shall stream most content in up to HD quality. For any queries, you shall leave a comment below.
Related: How to Watch Comedy Central on Firestick / Fire TV
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does the STARZ app costs?
Those new to STARZ get a free trial for 7 days. It costs $8.99/mo, $23.99 for 3 months, $43.99 for 6 months, and $74.99 for 12 months. There is no contract or commitment, and you can cancel your subscription at any time.
Can I stream STARZ series and movies on multiple devices?
Yes. STARZ lets you stream movies and series on up to 4 devices at the same.
Does STARZ support Closed Captioning?
Yes. Most of the STARZ titles include closed captioning, and it can be turned on during the playback.