On Firestick, using Finder you can surf and search the contents from the Amazon App Store. Even the Firestick home screen will feature various trending apps and contents to stream. But still, we need browsers for various purposes. By default, you get the Silk browser on Firestick. Though there are various browsers available on Firestick App Store. Google Chrome will always be a favorite for many and have its own purposes as far as browsing is concerned. So let us see how to get Chrome on Firestick.
What is Google Chrome?
Google Chrome needs no introduction. It is one of the best browsers out there with a clean and smooth interface. You can download various images, videos, documents, apps, etc. Also, Chrome offers multi-tab support and a perfect bookmark feature. It works on multiple devices. Unfortunately, Chrome is neither preinstalled nor available on the Firestick App Store. You must sideload it Android APK with ES File Explorer or the Downloader app.
Related app: How to Install Firefox For Fire TV [2 Easy Methods]
Steps to Install Chrome on Firestick – ES File Explorer
Since it is a third-party app, you need to turn on Apps from Unknown Sources to install Chrome on Firestick.
1. On your Amazon Firestick home screen, click on the Find from the menu options.
2. Select the Search option on the next screen to navigate to the search screen.
3. With the help of the on-screen keyboard and remote type ES File Explorer on the search screen.
4. Select the appropriate app from the search suggestions.
5. Now click Download. The ES File Explorer will be downloaded and installed on your streaming device.
6. Once the app is downloaded, go to the home screen again.
7. Click Settings and choose My Fire TV from the settings screen.
8. Choose the Developer Options.
9. Then click Install Unknown Apps.
10. Now turn on the toggle near the ES File Explorer app.
Now your Firestick is ready to accept any third-party apps.
Install Chrome on Firestick using ES File Explorer
1. Open the ES File Explorer app on Firestick from the home screen.
2. Choos the Downloader option.
3. Click on the New (+) icon from the bottom bar of the screen.
4. On the path field enter the Chrome APK URL: https://bit.ly/2tVph6S.
5. On the name field enter Chrome.
6. Click Download Now.
7. The app will be downloaded. Now click Install to install the app.
8. Once Chrome is installed on your Firestick click Open to launch the app.
Why Use a VPN?
Chrome is often known for its privacy issues. Also, it isn’t an official app that you are downloading from the Amazon Firestick App Store. You are sideloading it with third-party app sources. So when it comes to using external apps you will need a VPN just to make sure that your privacy and security are assured. Use a reliable VPN service provider to ensure security. There are a few best VPNs for Firestick which you may use.
Alternative Method – Downloader
1. Install the Downloader app on your Amazon Firestick.
2. Now you have to configure the device. Go to home screen Settings >My Fire TV > Developer Options > Install Unknown Apps.
3. Enable the Downloader app.
4. Now open the Downloader app on your Firestick.
5. Click on the URL tab.
6. With the pop-up keyboard enter the Google Chrome APK URL: https://bit.ly/2tVph6S.
7. Click Go and wait a while for the app to download.
8. Then again click Download.
9. Install the app on your streaming device.
10. Open the app and start browsing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you put Google Chrome on Firestick?
Yes, you can install the app by sideloading the app using third-party sources like Downloader or ES File Explorer.
What is the best Browser for Firestick?
You can install Silk Browser on Firestick which is a custom-made browser for Firestick devices. You can also get Downloader, Mozilla Firestick, APtoide TV on Firestick.