ES File Manager is an incredibly popular file manager app among Android users. It has far exceeding features and it works just beyond a standard file manager. For over the years, it has been even in the list of best apps for Firestick with the advanced feature support. Moreover, ES File Explorer for Firestick is the most preferred downloader alternative when it comes to sideloading third-party apps. Read further for more details about ES File Explorer on Firestick.
What is ES File Explorer?
ES File Manager is both a file manager and a file browser. It supports installing and managing apps, viewing compressed files, browse multimedia files, and more. This premium file manager can even be used to delete those unused files, Apks, and more. It has options to search and view files locally and on the web. Furthermore, ES File Explorer has options to transfer files between devices. It supports direct playback of movies and music on network devices. With this file manager, you can even link your cloud network storage and access the contents stored on it. It also has a premium version of the app called the ES File Explorer Pro with more added features.
Guidelines to Get ES File Explorer for Firestick
Installing any apps on Fire TV including ES File Explorer from Amazon App Store is the most handy option.
1. Select the Magnifier icon at the left most corner on the home window of Firestick.
2. Type the name of the app as ES File Explorer by navigating across the alphabets on the screen.
3. From the suggestions list, select ES File Explorer.
4. Under Apps & Games, you need to select the ES File Explorer tile.
5. Highlight Get or Download on the app info window and press OK button on remote to download it.
6. The installation will take some seconds to minutes based on your internet connectivity.
7. When download gets completed, click Open button to run ES File Explorer on Fire TV.
Guidelines to Sideload ES File Explorer on Firestick
If in case, you face any issues with downloading ES File Explorer from Amazon App Store, then try sideloading it using Downloader app.
Sideloading requires approval from the Firestick. Hence, you should make the following changes.
1. When in the home screen of Firestick, select the Settings option.
2. Scroll to the right and choose My Fire TV or Device or System based on the device model.
3. Select Developer Options to enable the third-party app installation on Fire TV.
4. On the following screen, choose Apps from Unknown Sources and ensure it shows ON.
5. You will get a confirmation prompt in which select Turn On button.
Steps to Sideload ES File Explorer on Firestick using Downloader
Follow the steps given below only after installing Downloader app on Firestick.
1. Under Firestick Settings, select Applications.
2. Choose Manage Installed Applications.
3. Scroll to select Download and click on Launch Application.
4. When Downloader opens up, hover to the URL field and click on it.
5. On the pop-up, type the download source of ES File Explorer as https://bit.ly/3gjMBhv and click GO.
6. ES File Explorer will begin its downloading process and you can see the progress.
7. On the pop-up, click on Install button.
8. After you see App installed notification, select Done or Open option.
9. When re-directed to Downloader, choose Delete button on the Download pop-up to remove the apk file.
10. On the confirmation pop-up, select Delete once again.
11. Optionally, go to the Firestick Home and highlight ES File Explorer.
12. Now, press the Options button on remote and then select Move option.
13. Hover the ES File Explorer tile to the top and press OK button on remote.
Important! Not all the time ES File Explorer apk will be available for download. The app undergoes temporary removal at times. In such a case, you shall get the ES File Explorer Pro version.
Why Use VPN with ES File Explorer?
Firestick users need to opt for a VPN prior to using ES File Explorer. This is a way beneficial if the apps you sideloaded are geo-restricted or when it has contents with copyright infringement. Since VPN hides your identity from the ISP, your activity cannot be tracked and you will not get into any legal problems. Also, VPN will encrypt your connection and no one can track your online activity at any means.
Guidelines to Use ES Explorer on Firestick
If you want to install a third-party app on Firestick, then you shall use ES File Explorer. Follow the same steps to download any apps that aren’t available on Amazon App Store. Make sure you enter the correct URL of the app to sideload it using ES File Explorer.
It is mandatory to make some changes to Firestick settings to jailbreak it to thereby use sideload third-party apps.
1. Click on Firestick Settings from its Home screen.
2. Select My Fire TV or Device based on the Fire TV model you have.
3. Choose Developer Options on the next window.
4. Highlight Apps from Unknown Sources and select Turn On.
5. When prompted, click OK or Allow to allow third-party app installation.
Steps to Use ES Explorer on Firestick
1. Under Your Apps & Channels section, click on ES File Explorer to launch it on Firestick.
2. On the home screen of File Explorer, select Tools and click on Download Manager on the left side pane.
Otherwise, click on Downloader icon on the middle pane.
3. Select the +New icon at the bottom of the of the screen.
4. Under the Path field, type the URL of the desired field. On the name field, type the app name and click Download Now button.
5. Wait for the apk to download and you could see the download progress under Progress bar.
6. After the app gets downloaded, you need to click on Open File button.
7. Tap on the Install button on the Properties window.
8. On the following screen, click on Install button again to proceed further.
9. When you get App installed notification, click on Done to open the app later or select Open to launch instantly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of ES File Explorer?
ES File Explorer is a premium file manager and its premium price costs around $9.99.
What are the cloud services that works with ES File Explorer?
ES File Explorer supports most of the popular cloud services. It includes Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Skydrive, and more.
Is ES File Explorer available on Google Play Store?
No. ES File Explorer is no longer available on the Play Store and you cannot install it officially. You can however get the apk version from third-party sources.
Hope you were able to install and use ES File Explorer on Firestick with ease. For any queries or suggestions, use the comment box below.