Firestick has listed all its officially available apps on Amazon App Store. It is a one-stop destination to install Fire TV compatible apps. But if you don’t find your favorite apps listed on Amazon Store, then Firestick users can make use of the Aptoide TV app. It is quite a useful app to access those popular third-party apps on Firestick. For more information about Aptoide TV on Firestick, you shall read the section below.
What is Aptoide TV?
Aptoide TV is a free alternative app store that works on Android-based devices. It has more than 2500 apps which you can download without any restrictions. The most important noteworthy thing about Aptoide TV is that it lets you download any of the apps at no cost. Aptoide TV has apps that you otherwise miss on Amazon App Store. It has a user-friendly interface with apps classified under different categories. Since it is compatible with Firestick remote, installing and accessing it on Fire TV is way too easy.
Guidelines to Install Aptoide TV for Firestick
Since Aptoide TV is a third-party app, Firestick users need to tweak the device settings and then proceed with installing it.
1. On Firestick home screen, highlight Settings option and press the Select button on the remote.
2. Choose My Fire TV (Device or System) by scrolling to the right on Settings window.
3. Navigate to select Developer Options present next to About.
4. Choose Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it ON by highlighting and pressing Select button on remote.
5. When Firestick shows you a warning prompt, you shall select Turn On button.
6. Finally, press the Home button on the Fire TV remote to get back to the home screen of Firestick.
Steps to Install (Sideload) Aptoide TV on Firestick
Once after the configuration, Firestick users can sideload Aptoide TV with the help of below steps.
Important! This section uses Downloader app as the side loading tool to install Aptoide TV on Fire TV.
1. Long press the Center button of your Firestick remote and select Downloader to launch it.
2. If you see a prompt, select Allow to let Downloader access your files on the device.
3. On the quick start guide, read the message and highlight OK button.
4. When Downloader opens up, make sure you are under the Home tab and click on the URL bar.
5. If the on-screen keyboard appears, type the URL as http://bit.ly/2lxAvt3 and press the GO button.
6. Aptoide TV apk file will begin to download when its server gets connected with Firestick.
7. Select Install option on the pop-up to begin with its installation.
8. If you get App installed pop-up, click on the Done option. If you want to launch it, select Open.
9. Further, you shall click on Delete button to remove the Aptoide apk file and free up Firestick space.
10. Confirm the action by selecting Delete button once again.
Why Use VPN with Aptoide TV?
If you are concerned about protecting your identity and privacy when using Aptoide TV, then get a VPN. It will never allow those trackers and hackers to monitor your streaming activity as you will stay anonymous. Since Aptoide TV is a third-party app, it might hold unofficial apps or contents. So, turning on a VPN connection while using Aptoide TV will safeguard you from any legal issues like copyright infringement. Also, you can take advantage of geo-restricted apps and games.
Guidelines to Use Aptoide TV on Firestick
With the intallation, you will need to know the steps to use Aptoide TV on your Fire TV.
1. Hold the Home button on your remote till Your Apps Library shortcut appears.
2. Select Apps icon and you will be redirected to Your Apps & Channel.
3. Scroll to select Aptoide TV and press the Menu button on remote.
4. Choose Move to front option shown on the bottom right section.
5. Now, Aptoide TV will be in the front of Your Apps & Channels section of Firestick.
6. When you click on its tile, Aptoide TV will launch on the Fire TV.
7. On the update pop-up, select OK to proceed with using Aptoide TV app.
8. If you launch it for the first time, then it will prompt you to access your device. Press Allow.
9. On the Aptoide TV home screen, you shall choose any of the categories to install apps from it on Firestick.
- Editor’s Choice
- Top Applications
- My Apps
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Aptoide TV cost me anything?
No. Aptoide TV is absolutely free and it costs nothing irrespective of the device you are about to use it. But the apps you install may charge you for the contents you stream.
Can I install Aptoide TV using ES File Explorer?
Yes. You can sideload the Aptoide TV app using ES File Explorer for firestick. However, this will charge you some bucks as ES File Explorer has become a premium file manager app.
What are the devices Aptoide TV app is compatible with?
In addition to Firestick, Aptoide TV can be installed on Android OS device like Android phone, Android TV, TV boxes, Nvidia Shied, etc.
Will the apps downloaded from Aptoide TV work on Firestick?
Yes. Aptoide TV has Android apps and games. Since Firestick is an Android-based OS, installing apps from Aptoide TV will work.
Hope this was a useful section to you and let you access Aptoide TV on Fire TV. For any clarifications, connect with us through comments.