Travel Channel is an American Television network that focuses on documentaries and reality shows related to travel. It was launched on February 1, 1987, and Discovery, Inc. owns the channel. Firestick supports many streaming services, and now you can watch the Travel Channel on it. Since the Travel Channel app is a TV Everywhere service, you need to rely on Travel Channel GO to stream its titles on Firestick. As the app is available on the Amazon App Store, the downloading process is going to be very simple.
There is also an alternative way to stream the Travel Channel on your Firestick. You can watch the Travel Channel by streaming the streaming service that offers the Travel Channel with its subscription plan. Streaming Services like Hulu Live TV, Sling TV, Philo, Fubo TV, AT&T TV, DIRECTV Stream, and YouTube TV offer Travel Channel as part of their subscription plan. So, you don’t require a cable or satellite subscription to stream it on your Fire TV.
|Hulu Live TV
How to Get Travel Channel App on Firestick
Quick Guide: On Fire TV home, select Search > find and select Travel Channel GO > tap the Get button > click Open to launch the Travel Channel GO on Fire TV.
1. Connect your Firestick to the HDMI port of your TV and connect it with your wifi network.
2. Press the Home button on the remote controller of your Fire TV to launch the home screen.
3. Find the Search bar and type travel channel.
4. Select the official Travel Channel GO app from the search results.
5. Click the Get button to download the app.
6. Finally, click the Open button to launch the Travel Channel GO app on your Firestick.
Related: How to Install and Watch TLC on Firestick [Two Ways]
Alternative Method to Download Travel Channel on Firestick
You can also sideload the Travel Channel GO app as an apk file on Fire TV. But you need to install a third-party app like Downloader to sideload the app on your Firestick.
After installing the Downloader app, you need to change a few settings on your Firestick to sideload the unknown apps on Firestick.
1. Go to the Settings and select My Fire TV.
2. Select Developer options under the My Fire TV menu.
3. Click the Install Unknown Apps option.
4. Finally, click the Turn On button for Downloader to install third-party apps on your Firestick.
Steps to Sideload the Travel Channel GO on your Firestick
1. Go to the Apps section on your Firestick.
2. Highlight the Downloader app tile to launch it on your Firestick.
3. When you open the app, you will receive a prompt message to access the files stored on your Firestick.
4. So, click the Allow button and select the Ok tile.
5. Tap the Home tab on the left pane.
6. Tap on the URL field and enter the download link of the Travel Channel GO apk.
- Travel Channel GO apk: https://bit.ly/3CQWujG
7. Now, click the Go button to download the apk file of the app.
8. If the apk file is downloaded, open the file and tap the Install button.
9. After the app is installed, click the Open button to launch the Travel Channel app on your Firestick.
10. Click the Delete button to delete the apk file permanently on Fire TV.
Why Use VPN on Firestick
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) ensures your web browsing is private and protects your data from potential hackers. It helps you access your favorite online content from anywhere by masking your IP address. The best VPN will also help you stay safe from copyright infringement issues while accessing titles that aren’t legal.
How to Activate and Watch Travel Channel on Firestick
1. Firstly, go to the home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate to the Applications section.
3. Next, tap the Manage Installed Applications option.
4. Select the Travel Channel app and launch it on the home screen.
5. Open the app and select the Activate option.
6. Next, choose your TV service provider.
7. Visit the Travel Channel activation site (https://watch.travelchannel.com/activate) in a web browser.
8. If prompted, enter the Travel Channel sign-in details. Now, enter the activation code and click the Activate button.
9. Open the app again and sign-up with your account.
10. Finally, stream the Travel Channel on your Firestick.
Both the methods let you stream shows from 15 networks on Travel Channel. In addition, you can also stream its shows, live TV, etc. Some of the popular shows include Mountain Monsters, The Dead Files, Portals to Hell, etc.
Streaming services like Philo, Sling, Hulu, and DIRECTV stream includes the Travel Channel with their monthly pack. So to watch the Travel Channel without cable, you should subscribe to any of the streaming service monthly packs.
The Travel Channel app is not free. You need to subscribe to its monthly pack to stream it on your Firestick or any other compatible device.
If the Travel Channel app is not working, try the following instructions. Check the internet connection, try watching another show, update your Travel Channel app. If the problem is not fixed, uninstall the app and reinstall again.