Amazon offers a line of digital media players. It is the most affordable option to get entertainment without any limits. With a dedicated app store, it features hundreds of apps. It is the home to free and premium TV as it has an ever updated library of movies, shows, news, kid’s TV, etc. So, you can stream almost anything up to 4K quality. Redbox is one of the noticeable third-party apps that works great on Firestick. For more about Redbox TV on Firestick, you can get into the section.
What is Redbox TV?
If live TV streaming is your choice, then choose Redbox TV. It is one of the affordable apps to feature most satellite channels from all around the world. Redbox TV is light in weight and works great on low-powered devices, including Firestick. Since it doesn’t take much device space, you will get the best of live TV streaming. It has videos in many different categories like sports, kids, science, religion, and region-specific channels. The interface is user-friendly, and it lets you stream up to full HD.
Installation Guidelines of Redbox TV on Firestick
The following section covers the step-by-step is all you need to use Redbox TV on your Amazon Fire Stick.
The primary thing you should do to use an unofficial app like Redbox TV is to turn on Unknown Sources.
1. Go to the top of the Firestick home screen and select the Settings option.
2. Select any options like Device, My Fire TV, or System based on Fire TV model.
3. On the upcoming screen, select Developer Options.
4. By default, the Apps from Unknown Sources option shows turned off. Select it to turn On.
5. If you get a warning message, click Turn On to accept and proceed.
Steps to Sideload Redbox TV on Firestick
1. Long press the Home key, select Apps, to click on Downloader.
2. It will bring you a few prompts which you can dismiss or accept.
3. Downloader will open up with the Home tab selected. Go ahead to choose the http:// field.
4. Enter the Redbox TV apk URL on the search window and press the GO button. You can get this URL from any of the third-party Android repositories.
5. When redirected to the Browser tab of Downloader, you should click on Download for Android button.
6. With this, the download process will begin and end in a minute or less.
7. On the installation window, hover to click on the Install button at the bottom.
8. This will initiate the installation of the Redbox TV. Wait for a few minutes to let it complete.
9. Once the file gets downloaded, you shall click on the Done button. Clicking on Open will launch the app, and you cannot proceed any further.
10. If you get redirected to the Downloader home screen with the Download pop-up, click Delete.
11. Select the Delete option once again to remove the apk file of Redbox TV from the Firestick.
Why Need VPN on Firestick?
Just before you stream on Firestick, ensure you have a VPN connection on it. It will not allow anyone to track your online activity, including your internet service provider and the government. While it ensures your anonymity, you can stream geo-restricted contents and copyright contents without any issue. A Firestick VPN unblocks throttling issues by ISP, and hence you will not get video buffering issues as well.
Guidelines to Use Redbox TV on Firestick
If you are looking for guidelines on accessing Redbox TV on Fire TV, here we go.
1. Go to the second row on the Firestick home screen to select the Your Apps & Channels section.
2. Navigate to the bottom-most portion to highlight the Redbox TV tile.
3. Now, press the Menu button on Fire remote. It will open a pop-up on-screen.
4. Select the Move to front option from the Fire TV home screen.
5. Now, the home screen of Redbox TV will load up as shown below.
6. Upon streaming content, you will be prompted to choose a video player. Click any of the players.
7. Press the Menu icon, and the following options will appear on the screen.
- All Channels
8. Click on Settings, and you can access the following options.
- Lock Settings
- Favorite Tab
- Video Player
That was all about installing and using Redbox TV on Amazon Fire TV, Fire Stick, and Fire TV Cube. Hope this was useful and you can watch videos from different countries. Drop a comment below if you have queries or issues regarding the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the video players Redbox TV supports?
Redbox TV supports a wide range of players. It includes MX Player, XYZ Player, 321 Player, VLC Player, XMTV Player, Android Player, LocalCast, etc.
Can I add channels as favorites on Redbox TV?
Yes. Redbox TV allows you to add channels as favorites. Select a channel > press OK button > choose Yes on pop-up > click on Menu > choose Favorites > click Yes.
Is Redbox TV legal to stream?
It is difficult for us to figure out if Redbox is completely legal or not. Because the legality depends on the content you stream.
How to fix the Redbox app not working issue?
Check if you are using Redbox on a compatible device and it has an internet connection. Uninstall and reinstall it to get the latest version. Always download the apk file from a reliable source.