Amazon Firestick is a great streaming device that transforms your normal TV into a smart TV. On this device, you can install lots of streaming apps to stream audio and video media content. Further, Firestick comes with a remote for easy navigation. Unlike other streaming devices, you should update Firestick in order to improve your device performance. Additionally, by updating you can also fix the bugs too. Normally, Firestick updates to the latest version automatically. But, in case you get a notification telling you to update your device, learn to update Firestick manually. Further, this article also will help you update the installed streaming apps.
Guidelines to Update Amazon Firestick
This method can be used to update all types of Firestick devices. Only the name will vary based on the devices.
1. On your Firestick home screen, click on the Settings option.
2. Choose the My Fire TV option under the settings menu.
3. Click About on the next screen.
4. Further, select Install System Update.
5. Now, your Firestick will download the latest software.
6. Once done, restart your Firestick device
7. Instead of Install System Update setting, if you get the Check for Updates option on the screen click on it. If there is any update you will see that at the bottom of the screen.
Guidelines to Update Apps on Firestick
After updating your Firestick device, you should update the apps you have installed on your device. We usually install both official and unofficial apps on Firestick. The below section will guide you to update both official and unofficial apps on Firestick.
Related: APKTime Firestick: How to Install Mod, Free & Paid Apps
Steps to Update Official Apps on Firestick
1. Navigate to the Firestick Home screen.
2. In that scroll down and select the Apps & Games section.
3. Further, select the Apps section.
4. Now, you will get to see the list of apps you have installed in the Your Apps library menu.
5. Select the app that you want to update.
6. If there is any update available for the app you have selected, you will get the Update icon and you have to click on it.
7. Proceed to select Update App Now from the pop-up that appears.
8. Finally, the selected app will be updated to the latest version.
Steps to Update Third-Party Apps on Firestick
If you want to update the third-party apps, you should enable ADB debugging option on your Firestick device. Before proceeding with the steps, download the updated apk of the particular app on your computer.
1. First, connect your Firestick with the computer via the ADB command.
2. Further, open the Command Prompt (Windows + R) on your computer.
3. On that window, type adb install-r C:\full\path\to\app.apk and click OK.
4. Next, select the apk file from your device and wait until you get a success message screen.
5. Now, you have successfully updated the third-party app to the latest version.
Guidelines to Turn Off/On Automatic Updated on Firestick
How many of you know that there is an option to update your apps automatically. If you enable this option, the apps will be updated automatically when there is a new update.
1. Click on Settings from your Firestick home screen.
2. Select the Applications option.
3. In that scroll down and click the Appstore option.
4. Click on Automatic Updates. You can turn on or turn off according to your wish.
Hence, it is very easy to update the Firestick streaming device. The given procedure in this article will surely help you to update your device. In case if you fail to update, tell us the problems in the comments section. We will try to provide you with solutions as soon as possible.