Firestick, one of the top-selling streaming devices, has got its own app store where you can find various apps to install on the device. Amazon App Store has got a wide array of streaming applications. Additionally, it also features various other applications under different categories. Amazon App Store isn’t as rich as that of the Play Store. Sometimes, we might want more than the supply. Since Firestick is a fork of Android, you can get access to Play Store on it. Play Store is an official app store of Android, and installing it on Firestick isn’t straightforward. Let us see how to get Google Play on Firestick elaborately.
WHAT IS GOOGLE PLAY?
Most Android users love using Google Play, commonly known as Play Store. There is no shortage of apps, and you can find Android apps related to anything and everything on Google Play. With its amazing UI and perfect categorization of applications, this still stands as the most used App Store. Moreover, the Play Store is more than apps as it has got a digital media store including books, movies, TV programs, etc. Installing Google Play on Firestick wouldn’t give access to all the Android apps. Instead, you will get a wide choice for streaming and VPN related applications.
Recommended: The Play Store app is not optimized to work on Firestick. Instead, you can install Aptoide TV on the Amazon Firestick. Aptoide TV is a free alternative for the Amazon App Store that has more than 2500 Android applications. You can download any applications without any restrictions. Unlike Play Store, all the apps in Aptoide TV are compatible with the Firestick. Also, you will get the apps that you have been missing on the Firestick App Store.
INSTALLATION GUIDE OF GOOGLE PLAY ON FIRESTICK
Before installing the Play Store app on the Firestick, make sure to configure your Firestick by enabling the Apps From Unknown Sources.
1. Start by turning on the Firestick, and from its home screen, select Settings from the menu bar at the right corner.
2. On the Settings screen, choose the My Fire TV option. Or in a few models, you have to select Devices or System.
3. Now select Developers Options on the next screen.
4. Click on the App from Unknown Sources to turn it on. If it is already On, you don’t have to click.
5. On the warning prompt, click on the Turn on.
With this, your Firestick is configured to accept third-party apps.
Related: If you look for Play Store replacement, install Aptoide TV on Firestick
STEPS TO INSTALL GOOGLE PLAY ON FIRESTICK
Important Note: To get Google Play work on Fire TV, you must require three other APK files along with the Google Play. They are Google Account Manager, Google Services Framework, and Google Play Services. For Play Store to function properly, you must install all of them in addition to the Google Play apk.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Firestick. You can find the app from the official App Store.
3. On the left pane, select the Home tab to click on the URL field or press the Select button on the remote.
4. Type the following URL on the URL field one-by-one and download them one by one.
- Google Account Manager: http://bit.ly/2bMbGEg
- Google Services Framework: http://bit.ly/2bMmpQA
- And Google Play Services: http://bit.ly/2gwyETx
5. And click the Go button to download the apk file. Get back, and you shall repeat the Step 4 & 5 to download the three apk files.
6. Once after downloading each file, you need to install them. After downloading, click Install. Once the file gets installed, go to the home screen and download another.
7. Make sure that you have installed everything. Now go to the home screen and type the Google Play URL: http://bit.ly/2kyAUKd. And click the Go button.
8. On the next screen, you should proceed to click on the Install option.
Now click Open or Done.
9. Click Delete on the prompt as you will not be needing the APK File.
WHY USE VPN OF FIRESTICK?
Google Play and its contents are not illegal. But still, it is important to stay anonymous while using an unofficial application or third-party app. All your streamings and apps will be monitored by the ISP, Government, and other authorized agencies. Simultaneously, not all the applications are accessible in all regions. With a VPN, you can unblock the geo-restrictions. That is why we strongly recommend you to use a VPN on the Firestick.
HOW TO MIRROR GOOGLE PLAY TO AMAZON FIRESTICK?
Yet another way to use Google Play to Firestick is through the screen mirroring. Follow the steps below to screen mirror Google Play from your smartphone to the Firestick connected TV.
Related: Check out the complete details on how to screen mirror to Firestick.
1. Make sure to connect your Firestick to the Wi-Fi network. Press and hold the home button on the Firestick.
2. Navigate and select the Mirroring option. It will make your Firestick available for all nearby devices.
3. A prompt screen will appear to leave the screen as it is and proceed with the phone.
SCREEN MIRROR ANDROID
1. Connect your Android phone to the same Wi-Fi as that of your Firestick.
2. Pull down the notification menu and tap the Cast icon.
3. Select the Firestick device name, and your Android screen gets mirrored to the Firestick connected TV.
4. Open the Play Store app and start using it on Fire TV.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why can’t I install apps from the Play Store?
You cannot install all the apps available on the Play Store on your Firestick. The apps that are compatible with the Firestick alone can be installed. Play Store just gives you extended options.
Why am I getting the corrupt message on the screen?
It seems you have installed the older versions of the application that will not be working now. Uninstall the app and try downloading it again. Moreover, the app wouldn’t work if you didn’t install the other package apps. So make sure to install them.
How to watch Google Play Movies on Firestick?
You wouldn’t need the Google Play Service to watch movies from Google Play. Movies purchased on Google Play can be watched on Amazon Firestick with the YouTube application. So, install YouTube on Firestick, or you can go to Silk Browser to launch the Google Play site and watch movies there.