Amazon Fire Stick is an Android-based media player with tens and hundreds of official streaming apps support. Nevertheless, the user will never run out of entertainment content as long as Firestick is connected to the internet. Users of Firestick can make it function out of the box by sideloading third-party apps. If you aren’t still satisfied, then you shall choose to cast to Firestick. In this way, you shall access your media files that are available on another device on your Firestick. If that sounds interesting, then this section guides you better.
How to Cast to Firestick?
Firestick supports screen casting contents from different devices. This includes Android, iOS, and PC (Windows & Mac). For each of the devices, screencasting steps differ. Hence this section guides you with everything in a step-by-step manner.
The following things need to be done on your Firestick to work on screencasting successfully.
1. With Firestick turned on, press and hold the Home button on the Fire TV remote.
2. Navigate to select the Mirroring option to make your Firestick discoverable to nearby devices.
3. If you get a prompt on your Fire TV, make sure to read the instructions carefully.
Note: Keep this screen open until the device gets connected with your Android device to further proceed with screencasting.
Cast to Firestick from Android
If you have an Android device and prefer casting something from it to Firestick, then follow the guide as given.
Note: Most often, Android device users have to select the option that is meant to cast content. So, you will find each device to have different names. The one thing that is common is that the users can do casting from the notification pane itself.
1. Unlock your Android phone, open notification menu.
2. Look for options like SmartView or Cast and click on it.
3. Choose the Firestick device name when the Android phone shows the list of discoverable devices.
With this, your Android phone is cast to Firestick successfully.
Cast to Firestick from PC
In order to screencast from PC to Firestick, you shall follow the guidelines given below.
1. Firstly, carry out the pre-requisite on Firestick at first.
2. On your Windows PC, hover to the bottom and select the Notification icon.
3. Select the Connect tile in the group of settings at the bottom .
4. When the list of available devices gets displayed, select Firestick name.
5. If the connection gets established, you will see Connected to Fire TV on your PC and the screen gets cast to Firestick.
Cast to Firestick from iOS
Unlike Android casting, you cannot directly cast contents from an iOS device. It is because iOS uses AirPlay and not a direct WiFi connection as Android. Thus Firestick users need to install the AirScreen app from Amazon App Store to proceed further.
Steps to Install AirScreen App on Firestick – At a Glance
1. From the Firestick home screen, select Search option.
2.Click on the search field and type as AirScreen using screen keys.
3. Select the same when the list of suggested apps appears.
4. Under Your Apps & Games, click on the AirScreen app icon.
5. On the following screen, select Install to download it.
6. After the download, tap on Open button to launch the app on Fire TV.
Steps to Cast to Firestick from iOS using AirScreen
Note: Keep your Firestick name handy to proceed with the steps given below.
1. Upon launching the app for the first time, you will get a welcome screen. Select the Start Now button.
2. Navigate to the bottom and select Settings tile.
3. Under General, highlight to choose Device name option.
4. Use the screen keyboard to enter the name of your Firestick. Click Next.
5. If you get the Device Name pop-up, select OK button.
6. On your iOS device, launch Control Center and click on the Screen Mirroring option.
7. Select the name of your Firestick and wait for a check mark to appear just beside the name.
7. Select the name of your Firestick and wait for a checkmark to appear just beside the name.
With this your entire iOS screen will be cast to Fire TV.
Cast to Firestick from Mac
Just like the iOS devices, Mac users need an external app called AirPlay Mirror Receiver installed on Firestick. Only then you will be able to screen cast contents from Mac to Fire TV.
Note: Keep AirPlay Mirror Receiver app downloaded and installed on Firestick.
1. On Mac PC, navigate to select System Preferences option.
2. Choose Displays to check in Show Mirroring option on the menu bar.
3. Tap on the AirPlay icon when you get it on the menu bar.
4. Choose the Firestick device name from the drop-down box.
5. When connection establishes, you will find your Mac screen on Firestick.
Why Use VPN on Firestick?
A VPN is all the way important if you want to experience an uninterrupted streaming experience on Firestick. It will let you access the internet anonymously without letting others track you. So, your online identity, as well as your private data, will stay safe and secured. VPN will block ISP throttling and government surveillance. Also, it will help you unlock the location-specific apps and contents.
That’s all about casting media contents to Firestick from different platforms. Hope you found this section helpful and informative. Use the comment box if in case you need any clarifications.
Related: Best VPN for Firestick
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cast a video to Firestick?
Yes. You shall screen cast any videos from those compatible devices to your Fire TV.
Does casting cost any money?
No. Screen casting doesn’t require your money and is often the built-in feature on most smart devices.
Is screen casting and mirroring same?
No. Screen casting means, you cast a video or media to another device and still be able to access the other things from the device you cast. Whereas mirroring means, the screen from the device you are mirroring will appear on TV. i.e., you cannot carry out works in the background like you do when you screencast.