Streaming media players are in great demand as they offer entertainment content at an affordable cost. Amazon’s Fire Stick or Fire TV is a good option if you search for the best cord-cutters. Its user interface is straightforward and easy-to-use. It has a dedicated app store called Amazon App Store. Firestick users can make use of the app store to download and access apps of any kind. It is more similar to Android OS and hence allows sideloading third-party apps. Having found all these benefits, we are about to guide you with the installation procedure of XUMO on Firestick.
What is XUMO TV?
Get access to live and on-demand content with the XUMO: Free Movies & TV app. It is a free streaming service to feature an adequate number of cable TV channels. You could choose from about 190 premium channels to stream on-demand content. It covers different genres from movies, sports, news, and more. XUMO neither requires registering for an account nor logging in. It is an ad-supported app, and you may get ads in between the video playback.
Important! XUMO is a multi-platform app and is available officially on Play Store and App Store for Android and iOS devices. Just launch the respective app store, search for XUMO and install it on your device.
Guidelines to Install XUMO on Firestick
XUMO: Free Movies & TV is available officially for Firestick. It is a region-specific app and is available in select countries of the United States. The following section will guide you on installing it from the Amazon App Store.
1. Press the Home key of your Fire TV remote to open its home screen.
2. Hover to the menu bar at the top to select the Search or Magnifier icon.
3. Using the on-screen keys, type the app name as XUMO. If the list of suggestions appears, select the same.
4. Under the Apps & Games section, highlight and select the XUMO tile.
5. When redirected to the app info screen of XUMO, click on the Get/Download button.
6. The download process will begin in no time on your Amazon Fire Stick.
7. In a minute or two, you will find Open. Make a click on it to use XUMO app on Fire TV.
Alternative Method: Guidelines to Sideload XUMO on Firestick
Those who have no access to XUMO on Amazon App Store due to the geo-restrictions can follow the procedure given below.
Make the following changes on Firestick Settings as a pre-requisite to sideload XUMO apk.
1. On the Firestick home screen, select Settings.
2. Scroll to the right side of the screen to choose My Fire TV or Device or System.
3. Navigate to click on the Developer options.
4. On the screen that appears, you should select Apps from Unknown Source to turn it On.
5. If you get a warning pop-up, choose Turn On.
Steps to Sideload XUMO on Firestick using Downloader
1. Launch Downloader app on your Firestick from Your Apps & Channels section.
2. The main screen of the Downloader will open up with the Home tab selected. Click on the text field that starts with https://
3. With the on-screen keyboard, type the URL of Aptoide TV as http://bit.ly/2lxAvt3 and press OK.
4. The download progress will begin, and at the end, you will get a pop-up. Click Install.
5. If you see App installed message, click Open to launch Aptoide TV on Firestick.
6. Select OK if Aptoide TV prompts you to update.
7. Choose the Allow button to let Aptoide TV access the device data.
8. When Aptoide TV loads its home page, you should select Search.
9. Using the screen keys, type as Xumo.
10. Choose Xumo for Android TV tile.
11. On the next window, click on the Install button.
12. Allow the app to download and when it finishes, select Install.
13. After you get App installed message, click Open to launch XUMO app.
FYI: You can install Xumo on Android Smart TVs and Android TV Boxes. All you need to do is visit the Google Play Store to download XUMO for your Android TV.
Why Use VPN with Firestick?
While surfing or streaming content over the web from Firestick, there is a high chance for government, ISP, and hackers to track your activity. With the best VPN for Firestick, your identity will be hidden. Your IP address, location, and more such info will be hidden. With a VPN, you can unblock the location blocks, ISP throttling, traffic, etc.
Guidelines to Use XUMO on Firestick
Once you have installed the XUMO app on Fire TV, you shall know the steps to navigate it.
1. Navigate to the Your Apps & Channels section of Fire TV and select See All.
2. Scroll to the bottom and highlight the XUMO tile.
3. Press the Menu button on the remote to choose Move to front.
4. Click on the XUMO tile to open the app on Fire TV.
5. The home screen of XUMO appears with the following options.
- Guide – It is the default selection and shows the channels list and related TV Guide. Click the channel to stream Live TV.
- Movies – Gives you access to on-demand movies.
- On-Demand – Explore contents under categories like News, TV & Movies, Popular, etc.
- Exit – A click on this option will get you back to the Firestick interface.
That was all about installing and using XUMO on Fire TV. It is an absolute entertainment option if you prefer live TV and on-demand content. If you have any queries we want to address, leave a comment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the popular channels accessible from the XUMO app?
The popular XUMO channels include NBC News, Fox Sports, Bloomberg, ABC News, etc.
Can I view all the channels in one screen in XUMO?
Yes. You can scroll through or view all the channels on one single screen with the XUMO app.
Is XUMO reliable and safe?
Yes. It is available officially and thus is a reliable and safe streaming service. All of its contents are from a trusted source, and hence you will not get involved with any illegitimate streams.