Amazon Firestick is one of the popular streaming devices that connects you to the world of entertainment. You can easily stream favorite movies and TV series on Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Disney Plus, YouTube, and more. You can easily connect it to a TV to access media on a big screen using an HDMI port. Alexa voice remote allows you to search, play, pause, forward and rewind any media with your voice. You can feel the real theatre experience as it comes with Dolby Atmos support. If you wish to watch anime content, you should install VRV on Firestick. Let’s deep dive into the guidelines to install VRV on Fire TV.
What is VRV
VRV is a subscription-based streaming service to discover newly released and popular sci-fi, comedy, and anime video content. It allows you to access shows from the channels like Boomerang, Cartoon Hangover, Crunchyroll, CuriosityStream, HIDIVE, Mondo, NickSplat, and more. VRV also offers many shows that are not available on Hulu or Netflix. In addition, it comprises new episodes of simulcast anime which will be uploaded the same day they air in Japan.
VRV offers both premium and free plans. You can watch more than 20,000 hours of anime content, including sci-fi and comedy shows. Upgrade to VRV Premium to get more exciting content on animation, gaming, fantasy, and technology content to enjoy it ad-free.
VRV Premium – $9.99/month
Guidelines to Install VRV on Firestick
As the VRV app is directly on the Amazon App Store, the installation process is very simple. Just follow the instructions one by one to install the VRV app on your Firestick.
(1) Initially, turn on your Firestick and connect it to the internet.
(2) Press the Home button on your Firestick remote.
(3) If the Firestick home screen appears, click on the Find tab and select the Search option.
(4) Click on the search bar, enter VRV and search for it.
(5) Under the Apps & Games section, tap on the VRV app.
(6) From the app info page, click on the Get option to install VRV.
(7) Once the installation is completed, click Open to launch the VRV app.
Related: Foxtel on Firestick: How to Install and Stream
Guidelines to Sideload VRV on Firestick
VRV is presently available in the US and its territories. Since it is geo-blocked in other countries, you cannot directly download the app from the Amazon App Store. Therefore, you need to install Downloader on your Firestick first then you can sideload the VRV app.
(1) Press the Home button on your Firestick remote.
(2) The home screen appears. Click on the Find tab and select the Search option.
(3) Search for the Downloader and install it.
(4) Now, from the home screen, click on Settings.
(5) Choose My Fire TV from the list.
(6) Next, click on Developer Options.
(7) Click on Install Unknown Apps that appear on the screen.
(8) Finally, turn on Downloader to allow access for installing unknown apps.
Steps to Sideload VRV on Firestick
(1) Launch the Downloader app on the home screen.
(2) Enter the download link of VRV in the URL field and click on the Go option.
(3) It will take some time to download the installation file.
(4) Once it is installed, click on the downloaded file to start installing VRV.
(5) Finally, click Open to launch VRV app.
(6) A pop-up will appear to delete the apk file.
(7) Confirm it by clicking on the delete option twice.
(8) Sign in to your VRV account with the necessary details and start watching favorite anime content.
Why Use VPN on Firestick
VPN is a secure tool to encrypt your data and hide IP addresses. Anything you access on the internet needs to pass through the secure tunnel if you have a VPN. With this, your device and its data stay safe when you are online. There is no option for hackers, businesses, government agencies, and spammers to access your private data. Moreover, you can access geo-restricted websites and apps from anywhere. Hence, it would be best if you use a VPN on a Firestick.
How to Link Crunchyroll on VRV
The following are the steps to link Crunchyroll on VRV if you have already purchased a Crunchyroll premium.
(1) First, you have to visit the provided link vrv.co from a browser.
(2) Click Account in the upper right corner.
(3) Choose Link Accounts on the next screen.
(4) Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to link your Crunchyroll premium with VRV.
Related: How to Watch Animal Planet on Firestick/Fire TV
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Is VRV on Amazon Firestick?
Yes, the VRV app is available on the Amazon App Store.
2) Is VRV free?
Yes, it is free to watch over 20,000 hours of content with ads.
3) Is VRV free with Crunchyroll?
If you subscribe to a VRV Premium, you will also get a free premium membership for Crunchyroll.
4) How to fix VRV not working on Firestick?
You shall try out the general fixes as a troubleshoot VRV not working on Firestick issue.