Firestick is a convenient streaming option to cut the cord or cable connection. At an affordable price, it replaces the cable TV connection. It is all about plug and play style and hence streaming your favorite movies to TV shows, and anything more is easy. With a dedicated app store, Fire TV users will find something to watch. If that isn’t enough, you can install third-party apps to never run out of contents. Among the unofficial apps, this section will guide you on Popcorn Time on Firestick. If you want to replace any costly subscription service like Netflix, Prime, or Hulu, etc., Popcorn Time is a better option.
Note: Besides Firestick, Popcorn Time is accessible from Android, Android TV, Windows PC, Mac PC, Linux, and more.
What is Popcorn Time?
If you want a Netflix-like streaming experience, then Popcorn Time tops the list. It is a torrent-based service to hold multi-platform support. Popcorn Time ensures you the best torrents on the web from popular sites. It brings films, and TV shows that you can access without any limitations for free. All its movies and episodes will be available in HD quality with subtitle support. Unlike other services, you don’t have to wait for the playback to begin as it will instantly play the videos.
Installation Guidelines of Popcorn Time on Firestick
To install Popcorn Time on Fire TV, you should carry out the following procedure.
To get started with third-party apps like Popcorn Time, you need to turn on the Unknown Sources option.
1. On the Fire TV home screen, select the Settings option from the menu bar (at the top).
2. Using the right directional key of the remote, select My Fire TV. If you don’t find it, look for a System or Device.
3. You should now choose the Developer Options on the screen that appears.
4. Turn On Apps from Unknown Sources by selecting it if it shows OFF.
5. Go ahead if you see a warning message on the screen by selecting the Turn On button.
How to Download Popcorn Time on Firestick?
This section uses Downloader to sideload Popcorn Time apk on Fire TV. The steps are as follows.
Note: You can even go with ES File Explorer on Firestick to install Popcorn Time.
1. Look for Downloader on the home screen of Fire TV and select it to open it.
If you can’t find it, long-press the Home key to select the Apps and then choose the Downloader.
2. Download opens up with the Home tab selected. Just hover to select the URL field.
3. The next window shows the screen keyboard, and you can use it to enter Popcorn Time apk source URL and click Go.
4. When Download connects to the above server, the file download process will take place.
5. Click Next if you get the installation window of the Popcorn Time app.
6. To proceed any further, select the Install button to begin the installation of the app.
7. You should wait for some time to let the installation process to complete.
8. If you see the App installed message, then go ahead and click Done.
- Select the Open button if you don’t want to proceed further.
9. If you get back to Downloader, click Delete on the Download pop-up to remove apk file.
10. On the confirmation pop-up, select the Delete button to confirm removing Popcorn Time apk.
Why Use VPN on Firestick?
Although the Fire TV stick is most often used for streaming videos, a VPN connection is recommended. It will keep the device’s identity anonymous when it is connected to the internet. Thus ensuring your activity from ISP monitoring your private data. VPN will even not let the government spy on your online activity. It restricts ISP throttling, and hence you will not experience video buffering. With a VPN, accessing location-specific apps and videos is possible. Further, it will safeguard you from copyright infringement issues.
Guidelines to Use Popcorn Time on Firestick
Here are all the steps you need to follow to access Popcorn Time on Firestick
1. Press and hold the Home key of the Fire remote to select the Apps option.
2. On Your Apps & Channels section, scroll down to highlight the Popcorn Time tile.
3. To move Popcorn Time to the home screen of Fire TV, press the Menu button.
4. On the pop-up that appears at the bottom, select the Move to Front.
5. Select the Popcorn Time app to open it on your Fire TV.
6. When you get a prompt message that asks you to share the app with others, click Share. Else press the Back button on the remote.
7. The home screen of Popcorn Time will appear, showing the Movies section by default.
8. Press the Menu button on the remote to open up its Menu to choose from the available options.
Installing and using the Popcorn Time app on Fire TV is that simple. Thus you can access its ever-expanding library to stream contents as per your choice. Hope it was a useful session for you. Drop us your comment below if you have issues regarding the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Popcorn Time Firestick remote-friendly?
No. Popcorn Time isn’t remote-friendly, and you might experience issues using it. To overcome this issue, you are recommended to use Mouse Toggle on Firestick.
Is Popcorn Time legal to use?
Popcorn Time is a torrent-based streaming service, and its legality depends on what you stream. If you aren’t sure what you’re about to stream is legal or not, then enable the VPN connection.
Does Popcorn Time support movies in multiple languages?
Currently, it brings movie titles in English. Popcorn Time is constantly working on adding subtitles for streams in other languages.