Amazon’s Fire Stick or Fire TV Stick has simplified the home streaming experience. It is a less expensive and portable media streaming player. Setting up the Firestick takes less time with its easy user-interface. There are many streaming apps available on the Amazon App Store, and you can access its contents in no time. It is unlike cable TV, and it uses your internet connectivity. If you are a sports enthusiast and look forward to streaming ESPN Plus on Firestick, it is possible without any doubt. You shall proceed below to know more details about the installation of the same.
Note: ESPN is accessible from Android, iOS, Android TV, Apple TV, Nvidia Shield, and lots of other devices.
What is ESPN?
If you prefer streaming live and on-demand sports, ESPN Plus is the best choice. It is all you need to access events and shows from the ESPN network. You can stay up-to-date with the highlights, news, expert analysis, etc. With ESPN, you can watch popular matches like NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, UFC, and more. Get access to ESPN+ subscription for live sports and ESPN+ Originals in HD quality. It brings you the highlights and scores of your favorite teams or sports.
Installation Guidelines of ESPN on Firestick
You will find ESPN on Amazon App Store officially. The below steps is all you need to follow to get it.
1. After connecting your Fire TV to the internet, hover on the menu bar to choose Settings.
2. Navigate on the virtual keyboard to type as ESPN. If you get suggestions below, select ESPN.
3. Under Apps & Games, select the ESPN tile.
4. On its app info screen, choose the Get or Download button.
5. You need to wait until the installation to finish on Fire TV.
6. Click on the Open button to access the ESPN app on Firestick.
Alternative Way: Guidelines to Sideload ESPN on Firestick
If you find any difficulty installing ESPN from the Amazon App Store, follow the guideline given below.
The preliminary requirements you need to carry out on Fire TV are as follows.
1. On the Firestick home screen, navigate to select the Settings menu at the top.
2. Go ahead to the screen’s right to choose the My Fire TV [System or Device] option.
3. Use the down directional key of your remote to click on the Developer options.
4. Highlight and select Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it On.
5. To proceed with the warning message, select Turn On.
Steps to Sideload ESPN on Fire TV or Firestick using Downloader
You can use Downloader as the sideloading tool to download the ESPN apk file on Fire TV.
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Fire TV from the home screen or the apps section.
2.When the Downloader opens up, hover to click on the URL field.
3.Using the virtual keys, type the URL of ESPN apk as https://bit.ly/2SQYuTQ and click GO.
4. With this, you could see the Download pop-up with download progress.
5. Once done, the installation window appears. Select Next.
6. On the following window, click on the Install button.
7. After the installation, you will get App installed message. Press Open to launch it. Else select Done to proceed.
8.To remove the ESPN apk file from Fire TV, select the Delete button.
9. To confirm your action towards removing it, choose Delete once again.
Why Use VPN with Firestick?
Although Fire TV is most used for streaming purposes, it is better to use a VPN for Firestick on it as well. It will hide your online identity and helps you stream anonymously. Even if you happen to stream copyright-protected content by mistake, VPN will help you out of legal problems. Also, it will help you unblock censorship, and you can access almost anything. It will create an encrypted tunnel and restricts data trackers.
Guidelines to Use ESPN on Firestick
Upon installing the ESPN app on your Fire TV, you shall learn to use it.
1. Hold the Home key on the Fire TV remote and select Apps.
2. Go to the bottom section of the screen and highlight ESPN.
3. Now, press the Menu button on the remote to choose Options.
4. Select the Move to Front option to thereby access ESPN from the Fire TV home screen.
5. You need to now click on the ESPN tile to launch it.
6. Select Log In to access your ESPN account. Otherwise, select Sign Up to create a new account.
7. With this, you will get the home screen of ESPN. You can start streaming the events or shows.
8. To subscribe to ESPN+, select the Subscriptions option.
9. Log in to your account if prompted, and you will get an activation code.
10. Now, use a browser on your PC/Phone and visit https://www.espn.com/watch/activate.
11. Provide the code on the Activation Code field and click Continue.
12. Enter the ESPN login details and press Login.
13. With this, you have successfully subscribed to the ESPN+ account.
That was all about installing the ESPN on Fire TV. We hope you were able to deal with it better with the above guide. Kindly drop your queries and suggestions as to the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the other services that support ESPN channel?
What is the subscription cost of ESPN Plus?
You need to pay $5.99/mo or $59.99/year for the ESPN Plus subscription. You can cancel ESPN+ subscription at any time.
Can I stream ESPN on Kodi?
Yes. ESPN is available as an addon on Kodi addons repository officially. So, you can install it in no time for unlimited sports coverage.