Firestick is the top-selling streaming device that is specially designed to be simple and easy to use. It is a handy device with its own App Store for streaming. You can get various streaming apps and live TV apps on your Firestick for streaming. You don’t need a cable or satellite connection to stream the live TV channels. As of now, there is no DirectTV Now app because it was rebranded as AT&T TV. But still, you will get the same content as that of DirecTV Now. So let us see how to stream DirecTV Now on Firestick.
What is DirecTV Now
As said, DirecTV Now is not available as it is renamed to AT&T TV. But still, you will be getting content as same as that of DirecTV Now. The existing DirecTV Now subscribers can sign in to AT&T TV now. It offers 45 to 125+ live TV channels based on the subscription you choose. The subscription cost ranges from $55/month to $135/month with 500 hours of DVR storage and 3 simultaneous streams. Moreover, you will also be getting various on-demand movies and TV shows. The app is officially available on the Amazon Firestick App Store so you can install the AT&T TV app on Firestick to stream the DirecTV Now.
Steps to Install DirecTV Now on Firestick
1. Boot up your Firestick and go to the Firestick home screen.
2. From the home screen click on the Find option followed by Search to navigate to the App Store.
3. Type AT&T TV and select the app from the search results.
4. On the next screen click on the Get button to install the app.
5. The app will be installed on your Firestick.
6. Click Open to launch the AT&T TV app.
Why Use a VPN
While streaming you may find few contents cannot be accessed in your region. In such cases, you will be using a VPN to access the contents. Also, using a VPN will add an additional layer of security to your Firestick. It will hide your IP address so that none could track you. So make sure to use some of the Best VPNs on your Firestick to stream without breaching copyright infringements.
Alternative Way – Downloader
Make the following changes to your Firestick before you can sideload any third-party application.
1. Make sure to install Downloader on Firestick first.
2. Once the Downloader app is installed go to the home screen.
3. Now click on the Settings > My Fire TV option.
4. Choose the Developer Options.
5. Click on the Install Unknown Apps.
6. On the next screen turn on the toggle near the Downloader app.
Install DirecTV Now with Downloader on Firestick
1. Open the Downloader app and select the home tab on the left pane.
2. Then click on the URL field.
3. Type the following URL: https://bit.ly/3j40qUE.
4. Click on the Go button and wait for the app to download.
5. Once the app is downloaded click Install.
6. The app will be installed. Then click Open to launch the app.
Guidelines to use DirecTV Now on Firestick with AT&T TV
1. Click Open to launch the AT&T TV app on your Amazon Firestick.
2. Make that you have already had an account. Or create a new account from your phone or computer web browser by visiting https://www.att.com/tv/.
3. Choose the AT&T TV option.
4. Scroll down and choose the pack then click Shop Now.
5. Click on the Secure Checkout button after specifying the preferences.
6. Then create a new account and proceed with the payment.
7. Then get back to the AT&T TV app on Firestick and Sign in with your username and password to start streaming.
You might also be interested in How to Install Epicstream on Firestick | Live TV & VOD
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between DIRECTV and DirecTV Now?
DIRECTV is a satellite TV service provider. So you will need a satellite dish to stream the live TV channels. On the other hand, DirecTV Now is an internet streaming service provider.
Is DirecTV Now going away?
No, DirecTV Now isn’t going away. AT&T TV the parent company is just rebranded it as the AT&T TV Now which you can stream with the AT&T TV app.