The History Channel is available officially on the Firestick and you can install it directly on the device and start streaming your favorite History content. With the History channel on Firestick, you can stream your favorite History shows along with The Curse of Oak Island, Alone, Ancient Aliens, and much more. History channel is a division of A&E Networks and it is available to stream only in the United States. The History Channel app allows you to stream content that is never shown on the TV as well. You can install the History Channel on Firestick with the below steps.
How to Install the History Channel on Firestick?
As mentioned earlier, the History Channel is available on the Amazon App Store and you install it directly on your device.
1. Connect your Firestick to the Wifi network.
2. On your Firestick home screen, click on the Find menu.
3. Under that select the Search option.
4. Then, type and search for the History Channel using the on-screen keyboard.
5. Select the History Channel from the search results.
6. Next, click on Get or Download to install History Channel.
7. Once installed click on Open to launch the app.
8. Finally stream the History Channel on Firestick.
How to Use History Channel on Firestick?
1. On your Firestick home screen navigate to Your Apps & Channels.
2. Click on the See All option and select the History Channel app.
3. Press the Menu button on your remote and select the Move or Move to front option.
4. Select the History channel and launch it on your device.
5. Click on the Sign in link on the welcome screen.
6. Make note of the Activation Code that you receive on your TV screen.
7. Visit https://www.history.com/activate and select other.
8. Select the TV Provider through which you can access the History channel.
9. Enter the Activation Code and click on the Continue button.
10. Once activated successfully you can watch the contents from History Channel
You can also stream the History Channel via streaming services as well. There are plenty of streaming services available with the History channel. Here are the top streaming services that include the History Channel:
- Hulu + Live TV
- DirecTV Stream
Hulu + Live TV
With the Hulu app on Firestick, you can stream the History Channel live and on-demand on your TV. Hulu + Live TV starts at 69.99$ a month and with this package, you can stream more than 85+ channels live. Apart from live TV, you can also stream Hulu originals, exclusive web series, movies, and much more.
Philo includes the History Channel in its list of available devices. With Philo on Firestick, you can stream 70+ live channels and 50,000+ on-demand titles at just 25$ a month. It is one of the best service providers at a low price.
DirecTV Stream is another service that offers the History Channel as well. The plan starts at 74.99$ a month and you can stream more than 75+ channels including the History Channel. It is one of the most popular streaming services in the US and the best fit for your Firestick.
With Vidgo on Firestick, you can stream more than 110+ channels at a price of 64.95$ a month. Vidgo offers 4 different plans and the History Channel is available in all four plans.
How to Sideload the History Channel on Firestick?
You can also sideload History Channel on Firestick using Downloader. Follow the steps given below to sideload History Channel.
Step 1: Configure Firestick
1. Install the Downloader app on your Firestick.
2. On the home screen click on Settings.
3. Scroll down and select the My Fire TV option on the settings page.
4. On the next screen click on Developer Options.
5. Click on Install Unknown Apps and enable the toggle for the Downloader app.
Step 2: Sideload History Channel on Firestick
1. Launch the Downloader app and click on the Home tab from the left pane.
2. In that enter the APK URL https://bit.ly/3fTmFfh to download History Channel in the URL field.
3. Once the file is downloaded click on the Install button to install the file.
4. Next, click on Open or Done.
5. Launch the History Channel app and stream the content.
Why Use VPN on Firestick?
A VPN is an encrypted connection. VPN allows you to have a secure connection over the internet. And it prevents you from unauthorized people. It protects all your online activities with the virtual IP address. Further, you can also access the geo-restriction contents.
History Channel is the best app to watch historical and non-historical shows. You can also watch History Channel on streaming providers like Hulu+ live TV, Philo, Sling TV, and FuboTV. With the simple procedure mentioned in this article, you can watch History Channel on Firestick. In case you have got any queries, comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
The History Channel is completely free to download and use. You can use your TV provider subscription to stream the content.
History Channel is available on the Amazon App store. So you can get it easily on your Firestick.