Though you have 1000s of apps on your Amazon Firestick App Store, there are some apps that you want that aren’t available. For instance, there is no WhatsApp app or Facebook app to install and use. In such cases, we will be installing the apps by sideloading them using third-party sources. One such source that offers various APKs for various apps is APKTime. It is similar to Filelinked. You can jailbreak your Firestick device (as people commonly refer) with APKTime. Let us see how to install and use APKTime on Firestick.
What is APKTime?
As said, APKTime is like App Store from where you can sideload apps on Firestick that aren’t available on the official App Store. It features apps from various sources like websites, other App Stores, etc. With frequent updates, you can get various latest additions. The UI is very smooth and intuitive so that you can install the apps without any difficulties. Also, you will be getting a wide variety of apps under various categories like movies, TV series, live TV, kids, entertainment, etc. Above all, it is a completely free app.
Steps to Install APKTime on Firestick – Downloader
Follow these steps and configure your Fire TV device before you could install a third party application.
1. From your Firestick Home Screen click on the Find option.
2. Choose Search and type Downloader on the search screen.
3. Select the Downloader app from the search results.
4. Click on the Download button app on your Firestick.
5. Go to the home screen and click Settings from the menu option.
6. Choose My Fire TV > Developer Options.
7. Then click Install Unknown Apps.
8. Turn on the Downloader app.
Install APKTime on Firestick using Downloader
1. Again go to the home screen and navigate to the Apps section.
2. Select the Downloader app and launch the app.
3. Highlight the URL field with the Home tab selected.
4. Enter the following URL: http://bit.ly/apktime22 and click Go.
5. Wait for the app to download.
6. Once the app is downloaded click on the Install option.
7. After the app is installed open the app.
8. You can now Delete the APK file which is not required any further.
Why Use a VPN?
While using unknown apps it is important to us a VPN. We can’t guarantee an APK file as it may cause various risks while using it. As far as we have the question of legality it is better to use a VPN. Especially with APKTime, you will download apps from various sources risking your privacy and security. So use any VPN that assures protection like OpenVPN or SurfShark VPN.
Alternative Method – ES File Explorer
1. Install the ES File Explorer app on Firestick.
2. Go to the home screen click Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options > Install Unknown Apps.
3. Now enable the toggle near the ES File Explorer app.
4. Launch the ES File Explorer app.
5. Choose the Downloader option.
6. Click on the New (+) option from the bottom of the screen.
7. Enter the APKTime URL on the Path field.
8. On the Name field enter the app name.
9. Click Download Now.
10. The APKTime app will be downloaded.
11. Install the app and click Open to launch the app.
Guidelines to Use APKTime on Firestick
1. Open the app from the home screen.
2. On the home screen you can find the following options.
- New Updates – Updates for the app on your Firestick
- Top APKs – Most installed APK files for popular apps.
- Android TV apps section
- Animation and related stuff
- APK Seekers, etc.
3. Choose the APK section and select the file you want to install or you can even search for the APK file over the internet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is APKTime Dangerous?
APKTime is just an App Store that provides you with apps that aren’t available on the Firestick App Store. Downloading third-party apps may be harmful to your device depending on the source. So yes, APKTime could be dangerous.
How do I scan an APK for malware?
You can install any antivirus software on your Firestick. They will scan all the APK files for malware before downloading and installing them