Firestick is a streaming media player that continues to grow in popularity with improved features and options. The latest releases are less power-consuming and work more efficiently than ever. It is the best option to ditch your cable TV connection if you want to save some entertainment bills. Upon opening the Amazon App Store, you shall search or browse for lots of streaming apps. So, Firestick guarantees access to your favorite apps, and you can stream your desired content. Of the official apps, this section guides you with the installation of Xfinity Stream on Firestick.
What is Xfinity Stream?
Xfinity Stream is all about popular TV shows and never-miss movies. It offers more than 250+ channels of live TV. You can stream top networks, news, live sports, on-demand shows, and movies at any time. Besides streaming, you can schedule DVR recording and watch the content from any device. If you decided to watch any titles offline, you should download recordings and movie libraries. It is available for Android phones and tablets, iPhone and iPad, and Firestick.
Guidelines to Install Xfinity Stream on Firestick
Xfinity Stream is officially available on the Amazon App Store, and the installation steps are as follows.
1. On your Fire TV home, select the Find menu and tap the Search tile.
2. Using the virtual keys, type as Xfinity Stream. When a suggestion appears, select it.
3. Under the Apps & Games section, you should select Xfinity Stream.
4. When you get directed to the channel info screen, select Get to download it.
5. In a minute or less, the installation completes.
6. Select Open to launch Xfinity Stream on Fire TV.
Alternative Way: Installation Guidelines of Xfinity Stream on Firestick
If you find any difficulty with installing Xfinity Stream from Amazon App Store, you shall proceed with the below steps.
Before sideloading, Fire TV users should tweak the Settings to use any third-party apk. It is important to get Downloader on Firestick.
1. On your Fire TV home, click on the Gear icon.
2. Choose My Fire TV.
3. Click on the Developer Options.
4. Select Install Unknown Apps.
5. Now, tap on Downloader and enable it.
Steps to Sideload Xfinity Stream on Firestick
You can sideload Xfinity Stream apk on Fire TV with the help of the Downloader.
1. From the home screen of Fire TV, select Downloader to launch it.
2. If you get a series of prompts, go ahead to accept or dismiss them.
3. Now, tap the URL field on the home tab and type the Xfinity Stream apk as https://bit.ly/3wPvpJN.
4. Press GO, and the Downloader app will start downloading the apk file.
5. On the pop-up that appears, you shall click on the Install button.
6. Wait for the installation to complete on your device.
7. Once App installed message appears, select Open. To proceed, click Done.
8. To remove the Xfinity Stream apk, click Delete.
9. Press Delete once again to confirm removing the Xfinity Stream apk.
Related: How to Install STARZ on Firestick / Fire TV
Why Use VPN on Firestick
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) protects Firestick whenever it is connected to the internet. It will create an encrypted tunnel, and you can use the internet anonymously. With a VPN, you will get full privacy as it masks your location and IP. It ensures an extra layer of security and thus lets you access the geo-restricted services. You will not face video buffering or freezing issues as the VPN will unblock the ISP throttling.
Guidelines to Use Xfinity Stream on Firestick
We have provided step-by-step guidelines on the procedure to use Xfinity Stream on Fire TV.
1. Go to the Your Apps & Channels section of Firestick.
2. Highlight the Xfinity Stream tile and press the Play button on the remote.
3. Choose Options and select Move to Front.
4. Go back to Fire TV home and launch Xfinity Stream.
5. Allow the channel to load on Fire TV.
6. If you get a pop-up, select Allow to let the channel access your device.
7. Go ahead and click on the Get Started button.
8. Make a note of the activation code shown on the screen.
9. Now, visit https://xfinity.com/authorize and enter the code. Click Continue.
10. Provide the login details like username and password of Xfinity and press Sign In.
11. When the content gets loaded, you shall stream your favorite titles.
That’s was all about how to get Xfinity Stream on Firestick. With this, you shall stream full channel line-up, movies, shows, and more. For any queries, you shall drop us a comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of Xfinity Stream?
Xfinity Stream is a premium service, and it costs $18/mo. You can even buy additional channels by paying extra.
Does Xfinity Stream support concurrent streams?
Yes. X1 customers will get five concurrent streams. Xfinity Instant TV users get two concurrent streams, and X1 On Campus customers get one stream.
Will I get personalized recommendations with Xfinity Stream?
Yes. Xfinity Stream brings you personalized streaming recommendations and editor-curated movies and shows.