A virtual private network aka VPN has become an essential utility on media players including Firestick. For an uninterrupted streaming experience and added privacy, Fire TV users need to be extra careful in choosing the VPN service. Although there are a large number of VPN’s compatible with Firestick, we are about to deal with Unlocator VPN here in this section. Get into the section to know its features and installation guidelines in brief.
What is Unlocator VPN?
Unlocator VPN protects your online privacy and security in a much better way. It will hide your real location and IP address with a virtual ID. So, your connection will be safe and secured from those prying eyes. It has military-grade encryption with OpenVPN. With this VPN, your private details are completely hidden. It supports accessing geo-restricted websites and services like Lifetime and many more from anywhere in the world. Unlocator VPN provides unlimited bandwidth with strategically planned high-speed servers. The service is available on nearly 58 platforms including Android TV boxes, smart TVs, streaming devices, gaming consoles, etc.
Guidelines to Install Unlocator VPN on Firestick
Unlocator VPN is officially available on Amazon App Store and thus installing it takes less than a minute.
1. Power on your Firestick and ensure it has internet access.
2. Navigate to select Search or Magnifier icon on the home screen.
3. On the search field, type as Unlocator VPN using the on-screen keyboard.
4. When suggestions appear, choose the app using the navigation keys on the remote.
5. When the list of apps gets displayed under Apps & Games, choose the Unlocator VPN tile.
6. On the Amazon Store, select Get or Downloader option to start downloading the app.
7. After the installation, hover to click on the Open button to launch Unlocator VPN on Fire TV.
Guidelines to Sideload Unlocator VPN on Firestick
If in case you are unable to install Unlocator VPN with the above procedure, then you shall sideload it using the Downloader app.
Configure Amazon Fire Stick
The primary thing you should do to sideload any app is to enable Unknown Sources.
1. Hover to the Firestick Settings option available on the home screen.
2. Select My Fire TV or System or Devices option based on the device model.
3. Choose Developer Options and turn on Apps from Unknown Sources option.
4. When you get a prompt, select Turn On option to confirm sideloading.
Steps to Sideload Unlocator VPN on Firestick using Downloader
Before you proceed further, make sure to install the Downloader app for Firestick.
1. Go to Firestick Settings when in the home screen.
2. Select Applications to choose Manage Installed Applications.
3. Choose Downloader and select Launch Applications option.
4. Under the https field, type the URL of Unlocator VPN bit.ly/2ZO0jDZ and press GO.
5. You shall need to wait for the Downloader to connect with the Unlocator VPN server. Click Download.
6. After the download, select Install button to proceed with the installation.
7. Once done, select Open to launch or choose Done to open it later.
8. When directed to Downloader home screen, select Delete option twice to remove the Unlocator VPN apk file from Fire TV.
Why Use Unlocator VPN on Firestick
Just like any other VPN, Unlocator VPN supports anonymous browsing and streaming. It encrypts your private data and adds additional privacy. You shall unblock streaming services and censorship. The most beneficial thing about this VPN is that it supports the Smart DNS feature. So, you will be able to stream contents on Firestick without any issues or lags. With this VPN, users will get access to Unlocator Hybrid. i.e., you can switch between VPN and Smart DNS functions at any time.
Guidelines to Use Unlocator VPN on Firestick
With the installation of Unlocator VPN, you shall use its features with the help of the steps given below.
1. On your Firestick remote, press the Home button to select Apps.
2. Select Unlocator VPN to launch it further.
3. Provide your account details like email, password, and select login button.
4. When logged in, highlight the server name button.
5. On the following screen, select the location of the server to which you want to connect Firestick.
6. Click the Connect button that looks like a power button to establish a connection.
7. To disconnect, you shall click again on the connect button.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is Unlocator VPN?
It provides a 7-day free trial and the subscription starts at $4.95/month (Smart DNS) and $9.99/month (Smart DNS + VPN)
What is Unlocator Hybrid?
With Unlocator VPN, you will get access to a special feature called Unlocator Hybrid. This lets users stream services that are supported by Smart DNS by connecting to any of the VPN servers.
Why can’t I add my IP address to my account?
If you can’t add an IP address, then it might be due to a shared internet connection or your ISP might be changing the IP every now and then. In order to resolve this, you shall restart your router or modem or ask for help from your ISP.
Hope this was a useful guide to you. If you are looking for more clarifications, leave a comment below.