Amazon Fire Stick is the best-selling cord-cutters that is easy to set up and use. It comes with your Amazon account pre-registered, and all you need is to plug it into the HDMI port of the TV. With the dedicated remote controller, you shall access hundreds of streaming channels. Firestick lets parents take control of their kid’s views with Parental Control settings. Amazon keeps adding new channels on Amazon App Store now and then. Thus, the Firestick users will get unlimited content for streaming. If your choice of streaming is live and on-demand sports events, you shall choose SonyLIV. SonyLIV is available for Android smartphones, tablets, Firestick, iPhone, iPad, Android TV, Smart TVs, Apple TV, etc. You shall go ahead into the section for the installation of SonyLIV on Firestick.
What is SonyLIV
SonyLIV is an Indian Over the Top streaming service by Sony India. You can stream the best live sports, including UFC, FIFA, Tokyo Olympics 2020 on Firestick, and more. In addition, you can stream popular Sony channels along with 100+ new shows and movies. You can binge-watch 40000 hours of content with SonyLIV. It features the new SonyLIV Original web series and international series. It supports streaming on up to 2 devices at the same time.
Guidelines to Install SonyLIV on Firestick
Installing SonyLIV on Fire TV is simple as it is available on the Amazon App Store. The below steps is all you need to follow.
1. From the Fire TV home, select the Find menu and choose Search.
2. When the on-screen keys appear, type as SonyLIV. Select the same when the suggestions appear.
3. Choose SonyLIV under the Apps & Channels section of Fire TV.
4. On the channel info screen, select the Get button to download it.
5. Allow the channel to download on your Firestick.
6. Finally, select Open to launch the channel.
Alternative Way: Guidelines to Sideload SonyLIV on Firestick
If you find any difficulty in installing SonyLIV using the above method, you shall follow the procedure given below.
Before you sideload SonyLIV, you should make the below changes on your Fire TV. Also, get Downloader on Firestick.
1. On your Fire TV home, select the Cog icon.
2. Choose the My Fire TV tile.
3. Select Developer Options.
4. Click on the Install Unknown Sources option.
5. Highlight Downloader and turn it On.
Steps to Sideload SonyLIV on Firestick using Downloader
After making the above changes, you shall proceed with sideloading the SonyLIV apk on Firestick.
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Firestick from the apps section.
2. If you get any prompt, you shall select Accept or Dismiss.
3. Go ahead and click on the http:// field on your Downloader home.
4. Using the screen keys, type the URL of the SonyLIV apk and press GO.
5. Wait for the apk file to complete the installation.
6. Once done, select Open to launch the app. Else, click Done to proceed.
7. Select Delete twice to remove the apk file of SonyLIV on your Fire TV.
Why Use VPN on Firestick
It is essential to use a trustworthy VPN on Firestick to keep your data private. With this, your identity will not be exposed to anyone, including ISP. A VPN will help you access everything without censorship and restrictions. It provides best-in-class encryption when your device is connected to the internet. You can even stream the geo-restricted content without any restrictions. The VPN blocks the throttling issues, and thus, you can watch videos without loading time.
Guidelines to Use SonyLIV on Firestick
Once after installing SonyLIV on Fire TV, you shall proceed with the steps given below to access it.
1. Go to the Your Apps & Games section of Fire TV using the remote controller.
2. Navigate on the list of apps installed and highlight SonyLIV.
3. Now, press the Play/Press button to choose Options.
4. Go ahead to click on Move to Front to access it from Fire TV home.
5. Now, get back to the home screen and select SonyLIV to launch it.
6. You shall either sign up to create a new account or log in to your existing account if you have any.
7. With any of its subscriptions, you shall stream the SonyLIV library on Fire TV.
How to Fix SonyLIV Not Working Error
At times, SonyLIV may fail to work, or you get not working error (acn01). In such a case, you shall try the below troubleshoot options.
- Go ahead to Clear Cache and app data of SonyLIV. For this, go to Settings >> Applications >> Manage Installed Applications >> Clear Data >> Clear Cache.
- Check for the latest version of SonyLIV and update the app if you have any recent version.
- When everything fails, you shall uninstall and reinstall the SonyLIV app.
That was all about installing and using SonyLIV on Fire TV. With this, you will get a completely new streaming experience as it offers hundreds of titles. Drop us your queries as comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the SonyLIV subscription plans available?
You shall get a SonyLIV subscription at $4.08 or INR 299/month. You can also get the 6-months plan at $9.54 or INR 699 and the yearly plan at $13.94 or INR 999.
2. What are the SonyLIV channels you can stream?
It has more than 20 live TV channels covering SIX, SAB, SET, WAH, TEN, PIX, SAB, and more.
3. Can I stream SonyLIV outside India?
There is the official version of SonyLIV made available for other countries. However, you can use a VPN to connect your device to any Indian server to stream its content.