Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV offers the most reliable streaming experience. Although the media player looks tiny, it is powerful enough to watch almost anything. Thus the users can watch live as well as catch up with the TV content. While there are hundreds of options available, we found Sky Go as an exciting option. It is a multi-platform app accessible from Android, iOS, Windows and Mac PC, PlayStation, and Xbox gaming consoles. Additionally, it lets users access Sky Go on smart TV platforms. Get into the article to learn about installing Sky Go on Firestick.
What is Sky Go Firestick?
Sky Go is an entertainment service to stream your favorite channels. It lets you access hundreds of live TV channels, watch catch-up shows, or on-demand content. It has a premium lineup of channels in addition to free networks. You will never miss the popular TV shows, blockbuster movies, Sky original documentaries, and more with Sky the Go app. Get buffer-free streaming, high-quality video streaming, and closed captions support.
Installation Guidelines of Sky Go on Firestick
To access Sky Go features from Fire TV, you should install it. The below section will help you out with the same.
Since Sky Go isn’t officially for Fire TV, you should make a few device settings changes.
1. Choose the Settings option by navigating on the home screen of Firestick.
2. Based on the Fire TV model, select the My Fire TV or Device or System option.
3. Use the down directional pad on the remote to click on the Developer options.
4. If Apps from Unknown Sources show OFF, highlight it to turn ON.
5. When Fire TV shows a warning prompt, click Turn On button to proceed.
Related: You shall check out gow to get NOW TV on Firestick / Fire TV
Steps to Sideload Sky Go on Firestick
Follow the procedure given below to sideload the Sky Go app on Fire TV with the help of Downloader for Firestick.
1. From the menu bar of the Fire TV home screen, select the Apps option.
2. Choose the Manage Installed Apps to highlight the Downloader app and click Install Application.
3. When the Downloader opens up for the first time, you have to accept the prompts to proceed.
4. With this, the Downloader home screen appears with the Home tab selected. Click on the URL field.
5. On the following screen, type the URL of Sky Go apk https://bit.ly/3FJfVvI and click the GO button.
6. When the Downloader connects to the Sky Go server, apk file will start downloading.
7. On the installation window, select Next and then Install button.
8. If you get the App installed message, click Done. Choose the Open button to launch the app, and thereby skip the steps.
9. Choose Delete when redirected to the Downloader home screen.
10. To confirm removing the apk, select the Delete button once again.
Why Use VPN with Sky Go Firestick App?
Sky Go is a third-party app, and there is a high chance for users to access illegal content. Having a VPN is beneficial as it will never let you get into copyright issues. With a VPN for Firestick, you can unblock geo-restrictions and ISP throttling. So, you will never be limited when it comes to streaming content. VPN will keep your connection anonymous and secured from the government, ISP, hackers, and more.
Guidelines to Use Sky Go on Firestick
Check out the section below to know the steps to use Sky Go on your Amazon Fire Stick.
1. Press and hold the Home button of the Fire TV remote to select Apps.
2. Scroll down to highlight the Sky Go app tile and press the Menu button on the remote.
3. Choose the Move to front option on the pop-up to access it from the home screen.
4. Select any stream from the home screen of Sky Go to start streaming it.
Note: If prompted, you shall sign in to your Sky Go account with the necessary credentials.
Installing and accessing Sky Go on Fire TV is all that simple and easy. If you found any difficulties, lets us hear it out as comments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Sky Go safe?
Yes. Sky Go is safe to use irrespective of the device you use it.
How many devices does Sky Go can be accessed?
You can download it on up to six devices and stream them from anywhere or switch device.
What are the popular sports channels that Sky Go supports?
Users of Sky Go can access Eurosport, Sky Sports F1, Sky Sports 5, and more.