Firestick isn’t immune to issues. Just like any other device with software installed on it, it will bring in problems. It includes performance issues, blank screen issues, slow response, freezing, occasional hangs, stuck on the app, etc. All these and anything more is completely resolvable if you know how to reset Firestick. With this, your Firestick will de-register itself from your Amazon account. Factory reset will give a fresh start and your firestick turns like the newly purchased device. Get to know the procedure to reset Fire TV from below.
A word of Caution! Factory resetting Firestick will remove all of your device data. This will restore the factory default settings of Firestick. As a result, you need to sign in back, pair Firestick remote, connect it to WiFi, download apps, and more.
How to Reset Firestick?
The following section covers the steps to factory reset your Firestick or Fire TV using different methods.
Reset using Device Settings
If you can access Firestick Settings, then you can make a soft reset with the procedure given below.
1. Select Settings available on the Home screen of Firestick using the remote keys.
- Just hold down the home key on the Fire TV remote to bring up Settings.
2. Scroll through the Settings screen to select My Fire TV.
- On some Firestick, it will be labeled as System or Device.
3. Under My Fire TV, highlight Reset to Factory Defaults option.
4. When Firestick shows you the pop-up, select Reset button.
5. The following screen will appear on your Fire TV as soon as the reset process begins.
Factory Reset using Remote
If in case you are unable to access the Settings of your Fire TV, then reset it with the help of remote. This is called a hard reset and is most recommended if your Firestick shows black screen issues as the device doesn’t have any dedicated reset button.
1. Eject the expandable storage if you prefer.
2. On the Fire TV remote, press and hold the Back button and right side button of the navigation circle for 10 seconds.
3. Choose Continue on the TV screen to reset the Firestick. Choosing Cancel will stop the resetting process.
- Fire TV will automatically reset after few seconds if you don’t choose any option.
Reset Firestick using Fire TV App [Wihtout Remote]
Firestick can be reset from the smartphone provided if it has Fire TV app.
1. Keep your Firestick and smartphone with the Fire TV app connected to the same WiFi.
2. Go the apps section and click on Fire TV app to launch it.
3. Select the Firestick name on your smartphone.
4. Enter the four-digit code as shown on your Fire TV on the Fire TV app.
- This will create a connection between Fire TV and your phone.
5. Now, use the Fire TV app on phone just like the physical remote.
6. Follow the same step as given in the first method.
- Head to Fire TV Settings > select System option > choose Reset to Factory Defaults > select Reset.
Reset Firestick Without Pin
If you need to reset your firestick but forgot your PIN, let’s see how to crack this.
1. Go to www.amazon.com/pin and log in to your account.
2. Go to Settings and find the Parental Controls tab.
3. You will see the PIN option with your PIN number hidden due to security.
4. Click Change and input a new PIN.
5. Select the devices in which the effect should reflect and make sure to select your firestick.
In any unfortunate case, you shall opt to reset your Firestick using any of the methods. Finding any difficulties or have any suggestions? Leave a comment below.