Firestick is an amazing streaming device that allows you to add 1000s of streaming apps from the official App Store. It is a tiny device that can be connected to a Wi-Fi network and get all the contents over the internet. Firestick is one of the most popular streaming devices like Chromecast, or Roku, or Apple TV. PBS is one of the apps available on Firestick. Let us see more about PBS and how to add and stream PBS on Firestick.
What is PBS?
PBS is an American Broadcasting Service in America. It is a non-profit organization that also acts as a TV program distributor. It is available in the US and its incorporated territories. PBS provides various programs under different categories like cultural, educational, scientific areas, including children’s fare, news, and various public affairs, PBS doesn’t produce or make programs for itself. You can find the app on the Firestick app store to install.
Related: How to Watch CNN on Firestick (For Free)
Installation Guide for PBS on Firestick
PBS app is officially available on the Amazon Firestick App Store. You can install the app and log in with your account to start streaming the content.
1. Set up your Firestick with your TV and turn on the device. Make sure to connect the device to the internet network.
2. From the home screen click on the Find option from the top menu bar.
3. On the next screen click on the Search option. A search screen will appear on the screen.
4. Type PBS on the search screen and select the same from the search results.
5. Now on the app info screen click on the Get or Download button.
6. The app will be downloaded and installed on your streaming device.
Why Use a VPN
Using a VPN you can hide your IP address which in turn will prevent your device from being visible to anyone. You will be staying anonymous while using a VPN. Also, VPN will unblock internet throttling which in turn will let you stream videos without any buffering. It also prevents hackers, trackers and also some VPNs can work as an ad-blocker. PBS is a public broadcasting service that is available only in the USA. So if you want to unblock PBS in other regions by breaking geo-restrictions a VPN would do the favor. You can find the best VPN for Firestick from our curated list.
Alternative Way Sideload PBS on Firestick
1. First, install the Downloader app on your Amazon Firestick.
2. Then go to the Amazon Firestick home screen, click on the Settings option.
3. On the settings screen choose the My Fire TV option and then choose Developer Options.
4. Then click on the Install Unknown Apps.
5. Now enable the toggle on for the Downloader app.
Sideload PBS to Firestick with Downlaoder
1. Once you have configured the Firestick launch the Downloader app.
2. With the home tab selected on the left pane highlight the URL field.
3. With th help of the on-screen remote type the URL of PBS APK: https://bit.ly/3hk7sFh.
4. Then click Go and wait for the app to download.
5. Once the app is downloaded click on the Install button.
6. The app will be installed click open to launch the app.
Guidelines to Activate and Use PBS on Firestick
1. Click on the Open button to launch the PBS app on your Firestick and click on the Activate Now button.
2. An activation code will appear on the welcome screen.
3. From any web browser go to https://www.pbs.org/activate/.
4. Now enter the activation code in the provided text field and then click Continue.
5. Then log in to your account.
And an on-screen message will appear showing that the device is activated.
6. The app on Amazon Firestick will start loading the contents.
Get PBS Passport on Firestick
PBS Passport offers 1500 extra on-demand PBS shows episodes. It is an extensive library with a wide array of contents. If you have a PBS Passport subscription you can activate it with the following steps. It costs $5/month and $60/year.
1. Open the PBS app and navigate to the Settings screen.
2. Now sign in with your username and password that you used to purchase the Passport subscription.
3. The PBS app will start loading the contents.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between PBS Passport and PBS Masterpiece?
PBS Passport is an extensive library of 1500 episodes of PBS shows. PBS Masterpiece is one of the top collections of shows. Masterpiece is simply a curated list of the best shows selected by the expert teams. You can find PBS Masterpiece shows with PBS Passport.
How to add PBS Masterpiece on Amazon Prime?