Amazon Firestick is a hub for all your entertainment where you can stream videos, install apps, play music, games, and more. You can experience all these from the comfort of your place. With the help of the Amazon App Store, you can access 460,000 apps. It will convert your normal TV into a Smart TV. In addition, you can access websites or apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and more. Sometimes, it requires a VPN tool to get access to geo-restricted content. Therefore, you can use a free VPN service on Firestick like Windscribe. It is directly available on the Amazon App Store, and you can learn to get Windscribe VPN for Firestick from here.
What is Windscribe VPN?
Windscribe is a powerful VPNs that helps to protect online privacy and unblocks geo-restricted content from anywhere. It has 63 servers located in 10 countries with over 110 data centers. Windscribe VPN has the most advanced security protocols such as OpenVPN UDP/TCP, IKEv2, and Stealth. Additionally, it secures your data with AES-256 cipher with SHA512 auth and a 4096-bit RSA key encryption. It is supported on all major devices, including firestick, iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Windows. It is available as a browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
- Blocks IPs and domains (ads).
- Strict no-logs policy.
- It includes a free plan with limited data.
- Port Forwarding to access internal resources.
- Split tunneling.
Windscribe VPN is available for free with limited data. You will get 10 GB per month and access upto 10 locations. If you would like to access all the locations with unlimited data, upgrade to a premium plan. It also offers to Build A Plan separately. In this plan, you can pick locations of your choice for $1.00/month. Make sure to select at least two locations. For those selected locations, you will get 10 GB each per month.
- Monthly – $9.00/month
- Yearly – $4.08/month
Guidelines to Install Windscribe on Firestick
Here is a quick guide to downloading Windscribe VPN on your firestick.
(1) First of all, turn on your firestick and connect it to the internet.
(2) Press the Home button on your firestick remote.
(3) If the Firestick home screen appears, click on the Find tab and select the Search option.
(4) Tap on the search bar, enter Windscribe and search for it.
(5) Under the Apps & Games section, tap on the Windscribe.
(6) The app info page appears. Now click on the Get option to install Windscribe.
(7) Once it gets installed, click Open to launch the app.
Related: CyberGhost VPN on Firestick | How to Set up and Use
Guidelines to Sideload Windscribe VPN on Firestick
You can sideload an app on firestick, including the Windscribe VPN, if it is not available or accessible from the App Store.
(1) Press the Home button on your firestick remote.
(2) Click on the Find tab and select the Search option on the home screen.
(3) Search for the Downloader and install it.
(4) Then go back to the home screen and click on Settings.
(5) Choose My Fire TV from the list.
(6) Next, click on Developer Options.
(7) On the screen that appears, tap on Install Unknown Apps.
(8) Go ahead and turn on Downloader by highlighting it.
(9) Launch the Downloader app on the home screen.
(10) Enter the download link of Windscribe in the URL field and click on the GO option.
(11) Wait for a while to download the installation file.
(12) Once it gets done, click Install to get the app on firestick.
(13) Lastly, click Open to launch the app.
Why Use VPN on Firestick
There are lots of benefits when we use a VPN. You can able to access geo-blocked apps or websites such as Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, and more. It will encrypt your data while you access restricted websites, and eventually, it blocks ads and trackers. Moreover, it can protect your personal data, including bank transactions, account passwords, and more. So, it is one of the best VPN for Firestick.
Guidelines to Activate & Use Windscribe on Firestick
The following steps will guide you to activate Windscribe VPN on a firestick.
(1) Press the Home button on your firestick remote and choose Apps.
(2) Scroll down and then highlight Windscribe.
(3) Further, press the Play/Pause button on your remote and choose Options.
(4) Next, click on Move to Front to use it from the home screen. Go back to the Fire TV home screen.
(5) Launch Windscribe VPN, and it prompts you to log in with your account.
(6) Suppose, if you haven’t created an account yet, click Sign-up or Create Account.
(7) Now, you have to enter the email address in the field.
(8) Click on Give Me My 10GB/Month.
(9) Ensure to confirm the activation link of Windscribe via email.
(10) At last, click on the power icon to start VPN.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How do I install Windscribe VPN on my FireStick?
You can download this app for free on the Amazon App Store using our guide.
2) Is Windscribe VPN free?
You will get limited data of 10GB/month for the free plan.
3) Does Windscribe allow Torrenting?
It is a perfect VPN to access torrent websites.