If you are looking for a compact streaming device with 4K and HDR support, undoubtfully Firestick is the best choice. It is loaded with thousands of apps on the Amazon App Store, and it is not necessary to get an Android set-top box. Firestick is the one-stop destination to access popular streaming apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Amazon Music, etc. Firestick also supports third-party apps, and so you can easily install the favorite apps that you wish to have. When it comes to internet security, you should protect your privacy and user data using a robust VPN service. Here we are going to deal with Hola VPN on Firestick along with its installation and activation steps.
What is Hola VPN
Hola VPN is a user-friendly VPN service to unblock geo-restricted websites from anywhere. It features 1500+ servers in 100+ countries worldwide. Hola VPN comes with split tunneling technology. It has more than 219 million users around the world. Hola VPN is supported on several devices, including smartphones, tablets, desktops, and televisions. With a single Hola VPN subscription, you can use Hola VPN with up to 10 devices.
Hola VPN Plans and Pricing
You can use Hola VPN for free or purchase a premium plan for unlimited protection. The plans are listed as follows.
- Premium – $7.49/month
- Ultra – $29.99/month
Get Hola VPN on Firestick
Here is a guide for installing Hola VPN on your Firestick from the Amazon App Store.
1) Connect your Firestick to a TV using an HDMI port and connect it to a strong Wi-Fi network.
2) Click the Find menu on the home screen and select the Search tile.
3) On the search bar, type Hola VPN and search for it.
4) Tap Hola VPN from the results and click the Get button.
5) Once done, tap Open to launch the Hola VPN.
Alternative Way: Install Hola VPN on Firestick
Alternately you can easily download and install Hola VPN using third-party apps like Downloader or ES File Explorer. With the installation of either of the apps on Firestick, you shall proceed with the following steps.
1) Launch the settings by clicking on the Gear icon on your Fire TV home.
2) From the list of tiles, click on My Fire TV.
3) Afterwards, select Developer Options.
4) Click Install unknown apps that appear on the next screen.
5) Lastly, toggle the Downloader and turn it on to allow unknown apps installation.
Note: Similarly, enable the ES File Explorer for installing unknown apps through that.
Steps to Install Hola VPN using Downloader
1) Run the Downloader app on your Firestick.
2) Tap Allow option to grant permission to access files on your device.
3) Pick the Home tab on the left pane. Paste the download link of Hola VPN on the URL field and tap the Go button.
- Hola VPN Apk Download Link: https://bit.ly/3JM03dJ
4) Hola VPN apk starts downloading, and it will be done within a few seconds.
5) Once it is completed, click on the downloaded file and tap the Install button.
6) After the installation, tap Open to launch the app instantly or else click Done.
7) Finally, click the Delete button if the pop-up appears to remove the apk file.
Install Hola VPN on Firestick (Using ES File Explorer)
ES File Explorer is yet another best alternatives to sideload apps on Firestick that aren’t on the App Store.
1) Launch the ES File Explorer from the home screen.
2) On the left pane, click Tools and select Download Manager.
Note: Alternately, you can click the Downloader icon from the list of options.
3) After that, tap the New button at the bottom of the screen.
4) Provide the download link of Hola VPN under the Path Field as https://bit.ly/3JM03dJ.
5) Next, click on the Name field and type Hola VPN, then click Download Now.
6) Now, it will display the download status in the progress bar.
7) Click the Open file button if the file gets downloaded.
8) Tap Install and confirm the on-screen prompts to get Hola VPN.
9) After the installation, click Open to launch the app right away.
10) If you want to open the app later, click Done.
Related: Windscribe VPN for Firestick: How to Install and Use
Why Use VPN on Firestick
VPN acts as a shield to ensure the internet traffic, saved passwords, and browsing history are safe using a strong encryption protocol. Some VPNs will allocate a dedicated server for each user for faster browsing. In addition, a VPN helps to watch movies and TV series on streaming apps without buffering. You can connect to VPN from any location in the world. Hence, VPN is widely used to circumvent geo-restricted websites by making your identity and location invisible.
How to Use Hola VPN on Firestick
1) Long press the Home button on your Fire TV remote and click Apps from the list of icons.
2) Next, under Apps & Channels section, highlight the Hola VPN app.
3) Tap the Options menu at the bottom right of the screen and select Move.
4) Click Hola VPN and drag it to the desired area.
5) Launch the Hola VPN from the Firestick home screen.
6) Choose the location from the list of servers.
7) That’s it. Hola VPN is now activated on your Firestick. You can now access the internet or streaming service to the fullest.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Is Hola VPN good for streaming Netflix?
The fact is, Hola VPN is not perfect for streaming Netflix.
2) How much is a Hola VPN subscription?
Hola VPN Pro starts from $7.49/month.
3) How long is Hola VPN free?
It offers a 24-hour free trial to check its services on each subscription.