Kodi is the best open-source media center to use on a wide variety of devices. It is all you need to get access to a wide array of movies, TV shows, and other streaming content. Kodi wouldn’t be this useful without its addons and builds. One such Kodi addon is the Covenant. This guide will show you how to install Covenant Kodi Addon on Kodi 18.6 Leia and older versions. Since Kodi’s UI is identical on all the devices, the guidelines given below will work on Firestick, PC, Android TV boxes, and Xbox.
What is Covenant Kodi Addon?
After Exodus, there emerged an umpteen number of forks. Covenant is one of the best addons. It is the best alternative to Exodus on Kodi and developed by the same developer Lambda. It has got a curated list of media covering movies and TV shows along with high-quality streaming links. So it is indeed one of the best addons for Kodi. Covenant addon was more stable and offered far more features than Exodus. With Covenant Kodi addon, you get a fast search function, and it also gets continuous developer support. Moreover, you can integrate it with Trakt and Real-Debrid.
Installation Guide of Covenant Kodi Addon
Follow along to get Covenant addon installed on any of your Kodi compatible devices.
1. Launch the Kodi app. On the home screen, click on the Settings on the top-left.
2. Choose the System on the Settings screen.
3. Then select the Add-ons on the left pane.
4. Click on the Unknown Sources.
5. Select Yes on the on-screen prompt.
Related: How to Install Deceit Kodi Addon
Steps to Install Covenant on Kodi
1. Press the back button on the remote and get back to the home screen. Choose Settings on the top-left corner.
2. On the Settings screen, select File Manager.
3. Click on the Add Source option.
4. On the box that appears, click <None>. On the pop-up, enter the URL, https://covenant01.github.io/zip on the field and click OK. You can also use an alternate link to install it from Covenant repo and Cy4root and https://cy4root2.github.io/zip.
5. Name the file as Covenant or any of the relevant name you wish. Then click OK.
6. Get back to the home screen of Kodi. And click Add-ons on the left pane.
7. Then click on the Package Installer icon (a box-like icon) on the top-left.
8. Then choose Install from Zip File.
9. Scroll through the screen and find Covenant (or whatever name you have given in step 5). Then open repository.covenant-x.x.zip. Or repository.cy4root-master.zip when you use cy4root.
10. Navigate back to the home screen, click Add-ons, and choose Install from Repository.
11. Choose Covenant repository and select Video Add-ons. Or choose cy4root repository.
12. Now scroll and find Covenant, then click to open it.
13. Click Install on the following screen. If you are using the Leia version, a pop-up will appear. Click OK.
14. And that is it you have successfully installed Covenant on Kodi.
Related: How to Install Corona Kodi Addon
Why Use VPN On Kodi?
Kodi addons are often known for piracy issues. All the contents you are streaming via Kodi are monitored by ISP, Government, and authorized agencies. Moreover, all the contents you stream aren’t accessible in all regions with geo-restricted. Covenant itself isn’t legal and safe. It picks contents from illegitimate sources and doesn’t have the proper license to distribute them. So it is important to safeguard your data with a VPN. Apart from that, it will also help you reduce the buffering.
Guidelines to Use Covenant Kodi Addon
Like most of the addon, the Covenant addon works in the same way. Once after installing the addon, you have to close and reopen the Kodi app. You may find it on the home screen. If not, click on the Add-ons and choose Video Add-ons. There you can find all your installed add-ons. Scroll and click on Covenant to open it.
How to Fix Covenant Addon Not Working Issue?
The Covenant addon is not updated recently and wouldn’t get any more updates. And you can use any of the above-mentioned sources to install Covenant. If you are using Colossus, it won’t do much as the repo is shut.
Another common problem is “Kodi Covenant Addon – No Streams Available.” In such cases, you can fix it by linking Real-Debrid on Kodi. With this, you can get tons of streaming links in HD quality. This way, you can fix the no streams available issue. But make sure to use a VPN as Debrid keeps track of all accesses and data.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the issue with Covenant?
Covenant once caused Kodi’s reputation to turn its notorious side. Covenant has got all the movies and TV shows, but they aren’t from the original or legal sources. Moreover, Covenant has no distributor license for this content. You could find a vast number of pirated content.
Is Covenant safe to use?
No, Covenant is not safe. It has lots of pirated content. When there is piracy, there will be malware. It does bypass Kodi’s protection system. So make sure to use an anti-virus along with the VPN.
How to remove Covenant Cached Data?
Launch Covenant addon and click on Tools > Cache Functions > Clear All Cache. Follow the on-screen prompts, then close and relaunch the Kodi.