Firestick is one of the most popular and most used streaming devices in the world. On this device, you can stream all your favorite media content. It is an HDMI stick, all you need is a TV with an HDMI port on your television to use Firestick. Amazon offers you a lot of streaming services to use on Firestick. With the streaming services available on Firestick you can stream your favorite movies, TV shows, news, and more at anytime. If you are a person who loves to listen to different types of music, there are a lot of best music apps on Firestick. In specific, Apple Music is one of the popular music streaming services. If you are a fan of it, let us see how to get Apple Music on Firestick in this article.
What is Apple Music?
Apple Music is a subscription-based streaming service that offers you more than 75 million songs and podcasts. With this app, you can get daily music recommendations from artists, tracks, playlists, radio, and more based on your listening history, genres, and moods. Apple Music also lets you listen to music offline. It offers three months free trial for its new users. After the free trial, you can get Apple Music for $9.99 per month. If you want to get a family subscription you can get it for $14.99 and this plan allows you to get 5 simultaneous streams.
You can listen to Apple Music on Firestick in two ways.
- By linking up Apple Music with Alex and set up Alexa with Firestick
- Converting the Apple Music to the format which is compatible with Firestick
How to Listen to Apple Music on Amazon Firestick/Fire TV
These are different ways with which you can listen to Apple Music from the comfort of your Firestick.
Steps to Link Apple Music with Alexa
1. First subscribe to Apple Music.
2. Install Apple Music and Amazon Alexa apps on your Smartphone.
3. Now, open the Amazon Alexa app and log in with the Amazon account that you have used on your Firestick.
4. Now, tap the Menu icon and select Settings.
5. On the settings screen choose Music under Alexa Preferences.
6. Then, select Link New Service.
7. Now, you will find all the available music services, in that select Apple Music.
8. Next, tap on Enable to use button.
9. And Sign in with your Apple ID and Password.
10. Then, click on Allow button.
11. On the next screen click on Done which tells Apple Music successfully linked.
12. Now go to Settings–> Music Settings and select Apple Music as the default music library and default station.
Steps to Connect Alexa With Firestick
1. Launch your Alexa app on your Smartphone.
2. Go to Settings and select the TV and Video option.
3. On the next screen click on Fire TV or Firestick.
4. Next, select click on Link your Alexa device option.
5. Now, your Smartphone will search for the available Fire TV devices.
6. Select your Firestick device name and click on Continue.
7. In case if you have more than one Alexa, select the particular Alexa device.
8. Then, tap on the Link Devices option.
9. Now, press and hold the mic button on the remote and command Alexa like Alexa play traditional music from Apple Music.
10. Now the music will be played on your Firestick and you can use the commands like Play, Pause, Previous song, Next song, Stop the music, and more.
Alternative Way to Listen to Apple Music on Firestick
1. Download and Install the Sidify Music Converter app on your computer.
2. Launch the app the UI will resemble Apple Music.
3. Now, click on the Add button.
4. Now, you can find your entire iTunes library and select the songs that you want to convert.
5. Then, choose your desired output format.
6. Now you can upload it to Amazon Music or to the Plex Media Server.
7. And now open the app and stream Apple Music on your Firestick device.
By following the guidelines given above you can listen to Apple Music on your Firestick device effortlessly. The added advantage of Apple Music is, it offers three months free trial without any commitment. If you have any queries regarding this article, drop us in the comments section.
Also read: How To Install Country Music on Firestick in 5 Minutes
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Amazon Music better than Apple Music?
Amazon Music Unlimited is a decent service on its own but when comparing to Apple Music, its shortcomings become glaring. In terms of interface and apps, Apple Music is far easier than Amazon Music.
Is it worth having Apple Music?
There is no shortage of great options for streaming music on Apple Music. And it offers a larger selection of music than most of its competitors with 75 million songs. So Apple Music is more than worth considering.