Animal Planet is a popular American pay television channel that focuses mainly on animal lifestyles and shows. The channel offers useful and unknown information videos, episodes, TV shows, and documentaries about animals. You can watch all the Animal Planet shows on its official streaming app Animal Planet Go. You can stream both live TV and on-demand videos of Animal Planet shows. Further, you can stream content from other 15 networks from the Discovery family, such as TLC, Discovery, Science Channel, Travel Channel, and more. The app brings more than 3000 full episodes to watch. In addition, it offers a lot of features like resuming, offline support, quick search, closed captioning support, and more. The Animal Planet GO app is free with your TV provider subscription. So, if you are looking to get Animal Planet on your Firestick, the following guide will be useful to you.
Installation Guidelines of Animal Planet on Firestick
Animal Planet is available on the Amazon App Store, and the steps given below will let you install it on Fire TV.
1. Select the Find menu and click on the Search tile on the Fire TV home.
2. Type the app name as Animal Planet with the help of the virtual keyboard.
3. Highlight the Animal Planet GO app from the suggestions.
4. Proceed to click Get or Download to install the app on Firestick.
5. Allow the app to complete its download process on Fire TV.
6. After the installation, click Open to launch the app.
Guidelines to Sideload Animal Planet on Fire TV/Firestick
Animal Planet GO is a region-specific app, and it is accessible only in the US. So, if you want to access it from outside the US, you have to sideload the app’s apk file using the Downloader app.
The following changes are the pre-requisite to installing any third-party apk on Firestick. Proceed with the steps after installing Downloader on Firestick.
1. From the Firestick home screen, click the Gear icon.
2. Scroll to the bottom and choose the My Fire TV tile.
3. Proceed with the Developer Options on the next screen.
4. Click on the Install Unknown Apps section.
5. Select the Downloader app and turn it on.
Steps to Sideload Animal Planet on Firestick
1. Launch the Downloader app from the home screen.
2. Select the URL field and type the download link of the Animal Planet GO apk.
3. After typing, click on the Go button.
4. Further, let the apk file download on your Firestick.
5. When you see the installation pop-up, hover to click on the Install button.
6. Wait for a minute or less to let the app complete the installation process.
7. When you get the app installed notification, select Open and click Done to proceed.
8. Select the Delete button to remove the apk file of Animal Planet GO.
9. Click on Delete again for confirmation.
Related: How to Install & Use Crunchyroll on Firestick / Android
Why Use VPN on Firestick
We should remember that somebody is monitoring our activities whenever we are online. So, we must protect our devices with a good VPN service. When you use the best VPN on your Firestick, nobody can track your information like IP address, location, etc. In addition, you can bypass the geo-restricted media content without any limits. When you use a trustworthy VPN, it will let you stay away from legal problems.
Guidelines to Use Animal Planet on Firestick
Once after installing Animal Planet GO on Firestick, you shall proceed with accessing it. Follow the procedure given below for the same.
1. Press the Home button on your Fire TV remote and highlight Apps.
2. On the following screen, navigate to highlight the Animal Planet GO tile.
3. Press the Play/Pause button to select the Options.
4. Go ahead to choose the Move option and launch it.
5. You will find the Activation Code on the screen. Make a note of it.
6. Further, visit the Animal Planet activation website.
7. Enter the Activation Code and click on Activate.
8. Now, the app will be activated on your Firestick device.
9. You can now start streaming the titles on your device.
That was all about Animal Planet on Firestick. It is an amazing option if you are interested in watching wild and pet animal shows. For any queries, you shall leave a comment below.
Related: Foxtel on Firestick: How to Install and Stream
How to Screen Mirror Animal Planet on Firestick
Turn on the Mirroring feature on your Firestick by pressing and holding the Home button on your Fire TV remote for 5 seconds. Then, from the new menu, select the Mirroring tab.
1. Initially, connect your Firestick and Android Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Then, install the Animal Planet app on your Android Smartphone from the Google Play Store.
3. Swipe your Android smartphone’s screen from up to down. This brings down the Notification Panel.
4. From the Notification Panel, tap on Cast and choose your Firestick.
5. Now, launch the Animal Planet app and sign in to your account.
6. Finally, you can choose your favorite shows to watch on your Fire TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Animal Planet app is available in the Amazon App Store.
Yes, you can access Animal Planet for free with the cable TV Provider account.