Amazon Firestick is a pocket-friendly streaming device to watch movies, TV series, music, games from any TV with an HDMI port. It requires an uninterrupted internet connection to load the contents online. It also comes with parental controls to protect your kids from watching mature content. Also, it buckles up with thousands of apps from the Amazon App Store. So you will get everything you need from the comfort of your place. PBS Kids is one of the popular apps that gives educational content children love to learn. Let’s discuss the procedure to install and activate PBS Kids on Firestick.
What is PBS Kids
PBS Kids is a useful app for kids to learn science, technology, engineering, and math skills. It includes several educational contents in the form of video lessons, series on entertainment, and games. With this way of learning, children can easily improve their knowledge, critical thinking, imagination, and curiosity. Children can easily browse their favorite videos and watch them at home or anywhere with a WiFi connection.
PBS Kids Pricing
PBS Kids is geo-restricted to view only in the United States. You can stream free episodes of child-safe TV shows, live tv programs, and much more. There is no need for registration and subscription to PBS Kids because everything is available for free.
Guide to Install PBS Kids on Firestick
A dedicated app for PBS Kids is available at zero cost on the Amazon App Store. Therefore the installation process is very simple. Just proceed with the below steps to install the app.
1) Initially switch on your Firestick and make sure it is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
2) Press the Home key of your Fire remote to access the home screen.
3) Click on the Find menu and select the Search button.
4) Type PBS Kids on the search field and search for it.
5) Tap on PBS Kids from the suggestions list.
6) After that, click on the Get option to install PBS kids on your device.
7) Once done, you can tap Open to launch the app.
Related: Nickelodeon on Firestick: How to Add, Activate & Stream
How to Install PBS Kids on Firestick (Outside the US)
As mentioned, PBS Kids is restricted to use only in the US and its territories. So we cannot install the app from other countries using the Amazon App Store. Instead, you can sideload it using a third app like Downloader or ES File Explorer. Ensure to install Downloader on Firestick before proceeding with the steps. The following instructions are all you need to follow to install PBS Kids from anywhere.
1) From the Firestick home screen, click on the Settings cog icon.
2) Select My Fire TV from the list.
3) Next, choose Developer options.
4) Further, select Install unknown apps.
5) Lastly, turn on the Downloader by toggling the app.
Steps to Sideload PBS Kids using Downloader
1) Head to the Fire TV home and run the Downloader app.
2) If the screen prompts, tap Allow option.
3) Select the Home tab and type the download link of PBS Kids apk on the URL field as https://bit.ly/3FKEnfM.
4) Now, click the Go button. Then, tap on Download to get the installation file.
5) If the download is completed, tap on the file and click Install.
6) After the installation, click Done.
7) You can instantly launch PBS kids by clicking the Open option.
8) If you wish to remove the apk file, which is no longer required, tap the Delete option.
Why Use VPN on Firestick
VPN is a cybersecurity software that helps to keep your data and privacy safe from cyber threats, snoopers, and attackers. With this tool, you can even unblock geo-restricted contents from any place. No one can trace your IP address or web traffic because a trusted VPN will encrypt your device with a secure protocol like OpenVPN or AES encryption. Nowadays, we use third-party apps to watch our favorite content. Hence, VPN should be installed on a Firestick to leave no footprints whenever you access any type of application.
How to Activate and Use PBS Kids on Firestick
1) Upon installing, open the PBS Kids app on your Firestick.
2) A welcome message will appear, and it will display an activation code for your device.
3) Visit kids.pbs.org/activate from the address bar of your browser.
4) Enter the activation code on the field and tap Continue.
5) Next, you can log in to your account if necessary.
6) Finally, you can see the success message for the activation.
Start streaming education-related videos and entertainment shows using PBS Kids.
Related: Boomerang on Firestick: How to Install & Use
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Is PBS Kids free on Amazon Firestick?
Yes, you can install the app from the Amazon App Store.
2) What do kids learn from PBS Kids?
It mainly focuses on childhood improvement areas such as cognitive, social, emotional, and physical.
3) Is PBS Kids safe for kids?
PBS Kids is completely safe and easy to learn by themselves in the form of videos and games.