Using social media on TV is becoming more fascinating day in and day out. The most fascinating thing is you can install social media apps on your streaming devices and scroll on to your field on a bigger screen, watch those videos and Twitter threads on a bigger screen. Firestick is one of the finest streaming devices that have got its own App Store from where you can download and install the apps you want. Here we are going to look at how to install and use Twitter on Firestick with the installation guide and other information.
What is Twitter
Twitter is where you can find all your favorite celebrities. It became one of the best social media platforms to communicated and entertain. Most celebrities are on this platform from politicians, to actors, to scientists, businessmen. It has become one of the top-trending social media platforms and remains in that position. Moreover, there are various other features on Twitter apart from just Tweeting. The users can live stream, share photos, videos, etc. You can Tweet, retweet, combine and make Twitter Threads, etc., with this social media platform.
Steps to Install Twitter on Firestick
1. Set up your Amazon Firestick with your TV and go to the home screen with the device connected to the internet.
2. Click on the Find option on the menu bar of the home screen.
3. On the next screen click on the Search tile.
4. Type Twitter on the search screen.
5. Then select the Twitter app from the search results.
6. On the next screen, click on the Download or Get button.
7. Now Open the app on your streaming device and log in to your account with username and password.
Why Use a VPN
VPN may not be a mandatory one while using this Twitter on Firestick. But then you will be feeding various data into this platform if you are a frequent user. In such cases, most of your personal feeds and data are available for the public to access. A VPN may not give you security from all these but a VPN for Firestick can hide your IP address and make sure that you are accessing it from a different location. This makes you stay anonymous over the internet. So it is always better to have an extra layer of security with the best VPN for Firestick.
Alternative Way – Downloader
For this, we are using the popular Downloader for Firestick app to sideload the Twitter app.
1. From the Firestick home screen click on the Find option.
2. On the search screen type Downloader.
3. And select the same from the search results.
4. Install the Downloader app on your Firestick by clicking on the Download button.
5. Go back to the home screen and click Settings > My Fire TV.
6. On the next screen choose Developer Options.
7. Choose Install Unknown App from the following screen.
8. Then turn on the toggle for the Downloader app.
Sideload Twitter on Firestick with Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app after enabling the Unknown App.
2. Now once you highlight the URL field.
3. Enter the Twiter APK URL: https://bit.ly/32PAqEQ.
4. Click on the Go button and wait for the app to download.
5. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install the app.
6. Finally delete the apk and open the Twitter app.
7. Now log in to your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Twitter have live streaming?
Yes, you can start live broadcasting with the Twitter app from your Android or iOS devices. You can live broadcast on Twitter for up to 12 hours.
Can I get Twitter on a smart TV?
Yes, you can install the official app on most of the supported smart TVs. You can also access Twitter with a web browser or you can screen mirror Twitter from your phone. If not get a streaming device like Amazon Firestick or Roku or Apple TV.