Firestick is one of the best streaming devices that allows you to watch movies and TV shows in different quality formats. Sometimes the users find issues while navigating and selecting things. If your Firestick remote is not working, you need to reset your Firestick remote. Resetting the Firestick remote solves the temporary malfunctions and helps the remote to work properly. The process is simple and super easy to do. The steps to reset the Firestick remote vary depending on the model you own. In this article, we’ve included a step-by-step guide on how to reset the Firestick remote.
How to Reset Amazon Firestick Remote (Basic Edition)
If you own the oldest version of the Firestick TV remote, you can follow the below steps to reset your Firestick remote.
1. Long press the Home button on your Firestick remote. Simultaneously, press the Menu button three times.
2. Now, release the Home button and press the Menu button 9 times.
3. Remove the back cover from your remote and take the AAA batteries out.
4. Unplug the Firestick from your TV and wait for 1 minute.
5. Now, insert the batteries into their respective places and connect the Firestick to your TV.
6. After the home screen appears, long press the home button for 40 seconds.
7. Wait for 60-70 seconds to complete the setup process.
Related: How to Connect Firestick to WiFi Without Remote
How to Reset a Firestick Remote (1st Generation)
Follow the below steps to reset the 1st generation Alexa voice remote.
1. Disconnect the power cable from the Firestick device and leave it disconnected for 60 seconds.
2. Next, press and hold the Left and Menu buttons at the same time for at least 15 seconds.
3. Release the buttons and wait for a few seconds.
4. Now, open the back cover of your remote and take out the batteries.
5. Plug in your Firestick device again and set it up. Then, wait for 60 seconds.
6. Insert the batteries back into the remote.
7. Finally, press the Home button on your remote for 10 seconds and check whether your Alexa voice remote is working.
How to Reset a Firestick Remote (2nd and 3rd Generation)
If you are having the Alexa remote with volume and power buttons, Follow the below steps to reset the remote. You can also use this method to reset the following remotes.
- Voice Remote Lite.
- Smart TV Remote.
- Soundbar Remote.
1. Initially, you need to power off the Firestick device.
2. Remove the Firestick from your TV and leave it disconnected for 60-70 seconds.
3. Now, long-press the left button on the Dpad, Menu Button, and the Back button at the same time.
4. Now, remove your hands from the buttons and wait for 10 seconds.
5. Remove the batteries from your Firestick remote.
6. Connect the Firestick to your TV and set it up.
7. Wait for at least 60 seconds and insert the Batteries on your Firestick remote.
8. Finally, press the Home button on your Firestick remote for at least 10 seconds to pair the remote to the Firestick device / Fire TV. After pairing successfully, you will see a blinking blue light on the remote.
Related: How to Pair Firestick Remote
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can reset the Firestick remote. To know more about the steps, refer to the blog.
To pair Firestick remote, Just long-press the Home button on your remote until the blue light blinks.