Firestick is a plug-and-play streaming media player that gives you access to thousands of movies and TV shows. It works with an internet connection and is one of the top cord-cutters. Firestick is compatible with lots of popular subscription-based streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, YouTube, etc. All of them and more can be downloaded and installed from its official app store called Amazon App Store. Besides this, it supports accessing apps from third-parties. Whether you use official or third-party apps to stream content, you may need an external video player. Here in this, we are about to discuss Lime Player on Firestick. Read the section further for more useful details. However, you can follow the same steps to get it on Android TV, Nvidia Shield, etc.
What is Lime Player?
If you want a lightweight yet powerful video player, Lime Player is worth using. It is a fast player with advanced hardware acceleration support. Lime Player supports video files of all formats, including UHD, HD, and 4K videos. It can be used as a media and movie player. With the subtitle support, you can load subtitle file from the device or OpenSubtitles.org. Above all, it has an easy-to-navigate interface and offers smooth playback.
Guidelines to Install Lime Player on Firestick
Unfortunately, Lime Player isn’t available on Amazon App Store. Hence we end up sideloading Lime Player on Fire TV or Firestick.
Before sideloading Lime Player apk, you should follow the guidelines to make the following changes on Firestick Settings.
1. After connecting Firestick to the internet, select Settings from the Menu bar.
2. Scroll to the right side of the screen to click on My Fire TV. If you don’t see it, click on System or Devices.
3. On the next window, go ahead to select Developer options.
4. Highlight the option Apps from Unknown Sources, and turn it On.
5. Select the Turn On button to proceed with the sideloading procedure.
Steps to Sideload Lime Player for Firestick using Downloader
Any third-party app installation requires an additional app like Downloader on Firestick. With this, you can install Lime Player as an Apk file on Fire TV.
1. From the Firestick home screen, select Downloader to launch it.
2. Dismiss or Accept any prompts if you receive any upon opening the
3. When the Downloader loads with the Home tab, click the http:// field.
4. Using the on-screen keyboard, type the URL of the Downloader app as https://bit.ly/2XE4TRQ and click GO.
5. Hit the Download APK button on the screen that appears to proceed.
The download will begin in no time. Else, make a tap on the Click here link.
6. With this, the Downloader will connect to the Lime Player’s server, and the file download progress bar appears.
7. Select the Install button to start its installation on your Firestick.
8. Click Open to launch the media player. Else, select Done to proceed with the steps below.
9. Select the Delete option twice to remove the Lime Player’s apk file from Firestick to free up some space.
Related: How to Install MX Player on Firestick
Why Use VPN on Firestick?
Firestick works with internet connectivity, and there is a high chance for your activity to be monitored. To stay hidden while online, you shall use the best VPN on Firestick. It ensures your data are safe, private and not even ISP can track them. With the best VPN on Firestick, the users can access any apps and services that are location-specific. You can stream video files without loading or buffering as VPN unblocks ISP throttling.
Guidelines to Use Lime Player on Firestick
Follow the steps given below to navigate on the Lime Player interface on your Firestick.
1. Navigate to the second row on the Fire TV home screen and click on Your Apps & Channels.
2. Scroll to the bottom-most portion and select the Lime Player tile.
3. Press the Menu button on the remote to select Options. Choose Move to Front.
4. Let the app tile moves to the top of the screen, highlight and click on the Lime Player tile to open it.
5. Hover to click on the Menu icon (three horizontal dots) on the Lime Player interface.
6. Select the Open Stream option. If you get the pop-up, paste the URL of the video.
7. Finally, click on the Play option to use Lime Player as your video player.
Installing and using Lime Player on Fire TV is that simple and easy. You can leave a comment below if you have any queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Lime Player Android compatible?
Yes. Lime Player is available for Android devices, and you can get it from the Google Play Store.
Is Showbox streaming services supports Lime Player?
Yes. The latest update of the Showbox apk has included Lime Player as one of the media players.
Does Lime Player cost me anything?
No. The Lime Player app is a free-to-download media player, and you need not pay for anything.
What are the video formats Lime Player supports?
You can use Lime Player to stream popular video formats. It includes AVI, MP4, MP3, WAV, MOV, WMV, FLAC, MKV, MPG, FLV, etc.