MSG Go is the best sports streaming app developed by the MSG networks. It includes videos of different sports from all over the world. It also comprises live matches of New York Knicks, New York Rangers, New York Islanders, New Jersey Devils, Newyork Red bulls, Buffalo Sabres, and New York Red Bull games. In addition to sports, it also includes on-demand content of MSG networks. MSG Go can be installed on many devices such as Android, iOS, Smart TV, Firestick, and more. This service is only available in the United States. To access this service outside the US, you need to install a VPN on Firestick. Install MSG Go on Firestick and binge-watch the sports videos at high quality. In this guide, let’s look at the steps to install MSG Go on Firestick.
How to Install MSG Go on Firestick
The MSG Go app is not available in the Amazon App Store. So you need to sideload the app using a third-party app. Downloader is a trusted app to sideload the apps on Firestick.
1. Initially, connect the Firestick to your TV and turn it On.
2. Click the Find tab and select the Search menu.
3. Type Downloader in the search bar using the virtual keyboard.
4. Tap the Get/Download button to install the app on your Firestick.
5. Wait until the app is installed.
6. Once the installation process is over, click the Open button to launch the app on your Firestick.
7. Click the Settings icon on the Firestick home screen.
8. Select My Fire TV from the settings menu.
9. Tap the Developer options.
10. Click the Install unknown apps option.
11. Enable the Downloader to sideload third-party apps on Firestick.
12. Launch the Downloader app and navigate to the Home tab.
13. Enter the apk link of the MSG Go app in the URL field.
14. Tap the Go button to download the apk file.
15. Then, click the Install button on the installation page.
16. After installing the app, open it and enter the login credentials of your Cable TV provider to stream MSG Go content.
Related: How to Watch Live Sports on Firestick
Alternative Way to Install MSG Go on Firestick: ES File Explorer
1. Go to the Firestick home screen.
2. Select the Find menu and click the Search tile.
3. Type ES File Explorer on the search bar.
4. Select the app from the search results.
5. Click the Download button to install the app on your Firestick.
6. Navigate to Firestick Settings and click My Fire TV.
7. Tap Developer Options >> Select Install Unknown Apps >> Enable ES File Explorer.
8. Launch the ES File Explorer on Firestick.
9. Next, click the Downloader tab from the home screen.
10. Tap the +New icon at the bottom of the page.
11. A dialogue box will appear on the screen, enter the MSG GO apk link in the path field and type your desired name on the Name field.
12. Then, tap the Download now button and click Open File on the next screen.
13. Finally, tap the Install button to download MSG Go on your Firestick.
14. After installation, open the app and enter the necessary login credentials to access the app on Firestick.
Why Use VPN on Firestick
VPN or Virtual Private Network allows you to stream or surf the internet anonymously. VPN masks our actual IP address and provides a fake one. It gives you an extra layer of security while streaming videos from illegal services. It protects the users’ data from online hackers, trackers, snoopers, etc. In addition, it is also used to unblock the geo-restricted contents. If you need to unblock the restricted content in MSG Go app, you need to use a standard VPN service like ExpressVPN or NordVPN.
How to Use MSG Go on Firestick
1. First, navigate to the Apps section on your Firestick.
2. Go to the MSG Go app and press the three horizontal lines on your Firestick remote.
3. A menu pops up on the screen, scroll down and tap the option Move to Front.
4. Now, you can access the MSG Go app from the home screen on your Firestick.
5. Open the MSG GO app and Sign in to the app using your TV provider credentials.
6. Once you’re in, you will be able to see different sports categories.
7. Now, play any sports video and enjoy streaming it on your Firestick-connected TV.
Related: How to Install HD Streamz on Firestick
Frequently Asked Questions
No. The MSG Go app is not available on the Amazon App Store.
You can install MSG Go on Firestick using Downloader or ES File Explorer. To know more, refer to the blog.
You can also watch MSG Go on streaming services like AT&TV, DirecTV Stream, and Fubo TV.