Firestick has been adding more features to its device including its remote. The Firestick remote is voice-activated and helps you place voice commands on your Firestick. With the help of the microphone button on your voice remote, you can summon Alexa. When you access Alexa, you can see a blue light flashing on the remote. This indicates that your Firestick remote is listening to your voice command. However, it is not good if the blue light on the Firestick remote flashes unnecessarily. If that happens on your remote, then follow the troubleshooting methods listed in this article.
What is Blue Light on Firestick Remote?
As we said before, the blue light on the remote denotes that the Firestick is listening. Once you pronounce the wake word for Alexa on Amazon devices, the blue light on your Firestick will start to flash. At the same time, you can activate Alexa on your Firestick with a microphone button on the remote.
- Solid Blue Light: Alexa is listening to your command
- Blinking Blue Light: The microphone button on the remote has been pressed.
Related: How to Possibly Fix Firestick Remote Not Working Issue
How to Fix Blue Light Blinking on Firestick Remote
If the blue light on your remote flashes for no reason, try the below troubleshooting tips to fix the issue.
1. Check the Remote Batteries
The first thing you need to do is to remove the remote batteries. After removing the batteries, you can put them back on your device after a few minutes. If the Blue light on the remote doesn’t stop flashing, then try using new batteries on your remote.
2. Try Re-pairing Your Remote
If the remote of your Firestick hasn’t paired properly, you can re-pair the remote back to your device. Press and hold the Home button on your remote for ten seconds to pair it back.
3. Disconnect Firestick from Power Source
1. Remove the batteries from your Firestick remote.
2. Disconnect the Firestick device from the power source.
3. Next, remove the Firestick from your TV.
4. Keep the device disconnected for the next 20 seconds.
5. After 20 seconds, connect your Firestick back to the power source and TV.
6. Put the batteries back in your remote and check if the remote blue light flashes.
4. Restart Firestick
1. Press and hold the Play or Pause button on your remote for five seconds.
2. This will restart the Firestick device.
Alternatively, you can remove the Firestick from the power source and keep it for five seconds. Try reconnecting the device after the required time has passed. Finally, check if the blue light on your remote flashes.
5. Clean the Firestick Remote
Sometimes the accumulation of dust in the microphone button can cause the blue light blinking issue. This can be resolved by cleaning the remote using the Cotton balls. Always keep your Firestick remote clean to avoid these types of issues.
Related: Firestick Won’t Turn On: 10 Best Working Fixes To Try
Frequently Asked Questions
The blue light on your Firestick remote denotes that the voice control feature on the device has been activated. With a solid blue light on the remote, you can place voice commands on it.
The blue light on your Firestick remote blinks blue when you press the microphone button on the remote.