ZOOM has been the #1 business app to communicate and conduct online meetings. Its smartphone and desktop version are a huge success and hence users started looking for it on a smart TV. Lucky are those using Firestick, as the ZOOM app has been made officially available on the Amazon App Store. Hence, you can be a part of online meetings, phone, and chat right from your couch. Upon installing ZOOM Cloud Meetings on Firestick, you never have to compensate for your productivity from anywhere.
What is ZOOM Cloud Meetings
ZOOM Cloud Meetings is an easy-to-use video conferencing app. It lets you instantly start or join a meeting from anywhere. With ZOOM, you will get best-in-class audio and video quality. It also supports screen sharing and co-annotate the shared contents. With ZOOM, users can invite up to 100 people to join the video irrespective of the device. The powerful and robust security guarantees an uninterrupted meeting. It supports up to 1000 video participants with 49 videos on the screen. ZOOM allows recording meetings locally or on the cloud with transcripts.
Guidelines to Install Zoom Cloud Meetings on Firestick
The Zoom Cloud meetings app is now officially available on Amazon app store itself.
1. Turn on your Firestick and navigate to Search option on the menu bar.
2. On the search screen, you have to type in Zoom Cloud Meetings using an on-screen keyboard that can be operated using your remote control.
3. Select ZOOM Cloud Meetings from the suggestion list.
4.Under Apps & Games, look for ZOOM app logo and select it.
5. When redirected to app info screen, highlight and select Get or Download.
6. With this the app will start to download on Fire TV. Wait for few seconds.
7. If you see the Open button in place of Download, then click on it to launch the ZOOM app on Firestick.
Guidelines to Sideload ZOOM Cloud Meetings on Firestick
Opt to sideload the ZOOM app on Fire TV in case of any issues with the direct downloading method.
Configure Amazon Fire Stick
The following steps are mandatory to install ZOOM as a third-party app on Fire TV.
1. On your Firestick home screen, you need to select Settings.
2. Choose My Fire TV. If you don’t find it, then check for Device or System.
3. Select Developer Options to further change settings.
4. Navigate to Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it ON.
5. When Fire TV shows warning pop-up, accept it by selecting Turn On.
Sideload ZOOM Meetings on Firestick using Downloader
Installing apps from unknown sources are better with Downloader. If you haven’t already owned it, then get it from Amazon App Store.
1. While on Firestick home screen, navigate to Settings option.
2. Choose Applications to further select Manage Installed Applications.
3. Highlight Downloader and click on Launch application option to open Downloader.
4. On the home screen of Downloader, click on URL field and type as https://tinyurl.com/w2xmo86
5. Click GO to let the Downloader download the ZOOM app.
6. After the downloading process, select Install button.
7. On the following screen, click on Open or Done.
8. When getting back to Downloader, select Delete option to remove the apk file of ZOOM app.
9. If prompted for confirmation, then click on Delete button again.
Why Use VPN with ZOOM Cloud Meetings?
It’s better to install a VPN for Firestick to take advantage of internet throttling. As a result, you will not experience buffering while on a video meeting with the ZOOM app. Besides this, VPN ensures your ZOOM meeting calls and conferences are highly secured. So no one can track or steal the information shared over the conference or meeting.
How to Use ZOOM Cloud Meetings on Firestick
After installing the ZOOM app, you shall use it on Firestick with the help of the steps given below.
1. Go to Firestick Settings and select Applications.
2. Choose Manage Installed Applications to choose ZOOM app.
3. Select Launch Application to open ZOOM on Firestick.
4. In the home screen, you will find the following options.
- New Meeting – Host a new meeting
- Join – Provide the meeting ID and you will join the meeting
- Schedule – You can schedule the meeting and invite others
- Share Screen – Clicking on this will let you share the screen with others
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a ZOOM account to use it?
If you are about to join a meeting, then you don’t need an account. However, if you are about to host a meeting or webinar, then you need to create an account.
Is webcam mandatory to join a ZOOM meeting?
Not necessary unless you don’t mind transmitting a video of yourself. You can still be able to listen, speak, and share screens while at the meeting.
Where will the ZOOM recordings saved?
ZOOM will save the local recordings on your documents folder. Besides this, the cloud recording will be available on the Recording page of the ZOOM web portal.
How to share my screen on ZOOM?
To share your screen, you need to click on the Share option in your meeting. Then choose the screen you want to share.
Can I use ZOOM on multiple devices?
Yes. But signing into one another device will automatically sign you out on the first device. Zoom doesn’t permit sharing accounts with multiple individuals.
- Go to Amazon Website on your mobile or PC. Login in to your account that you are using Firestick.
- Now on the search bar, type Zoom Cloud Meetings, and click Get. Your Firestick device’s name will appear. Click on it to get it on your Firestick.
- Now the application will automatically download and appear on your Firestick Home screen.
That is all about installing and using the ZOOM app on Firestick. Still facing difficulties do let us know in the comment section below.