Firestick is the most loved and the best selling streaming device. After shaking hands with Google, Amazon shook hands with its one other rival, Apple. With this, the wait is over, and the Apple TV app is rolled out for Amazon Firestick. Previously the app was available only on Apple TV. Later it has been made available to Android Phone, Android TV, Chromecast, Nvidia Shield, etc. Users will get the same functionalities as that of the Apple TV set-up box now on Fire TV. It is one of the top cord-cutters to watch all your favorite content and streaming services. This tutorial will help you with getting Apple TV App for Firestick.
WHAT IS APPLE TV APP?
Apple rolled out the Apple TV app and Apple TV Plus. Apple TV Plus features the original series. Whereas with the Apple TV app, you can stream all licensed and acquired movies, series, TV shows, etc. Users are given a chance to watch their purchased iTunes movies, TV shows, a plethora of movies, TV shows, etc. Above all, the Apple TV app includes all Apple TV + movies, exclusive originals, etc. All you should do is install the app and sign-in with Apple ID. Moreover, the app has got a simple, neat, and intuitive interface to work on Firestick. It doesn’t involve any costs unless you pay for Apple TV+ or any other Apple TV Channel subscription.
INSTALLATION GUIDELINES of APPLE TV on FIRESTICK
The Apple TV app is available for the Firestick officially on Amazon Store. So its installation is an effortless task.
1. Set up your Firestick with your TV. From the Firestick home screen, select the Magnifier or Search icon on the menu bar at the top-left corner.
2. On the Search window, navigate on the on-screen keyboard with the help of the Firestick remote and type Apple TV.
3. Select the Apple TV (Not Apple TV +) from the list of suggestions.
4. Again, select the Apple TV, and you get directed to the App information window.
5. Click Download or Get on the Apple TV app info screen to begin the installation process.
6. The Apple TV app gets downloaded and installed on your Firestick device in a while. You could see the Open button in place of the Download button.
ALTERNATIVE WAY – INSTALL APPLE TV APP ON FIRESTICK
Apple TV app is officially available in 60+ countries. If you cannot find the app in your region, you may need to sideload the application on Firestick. While sideloading, use a VPN and stay anonymous. An easy way to install the Apple TV app on Firestick is to use Downloader. But before that, you need to enable the Apps from Unknown Sources to allow the Firestick to install the third-party apps.
1. From the Firestick home screen, navigate to the Settings.
2. Select My Fire TV on the Settings screen. In a few models, you have to choose the Device option.
3. Then choose Developer options.
4. Click the Apps from Unknown Sources to turn it on.
5. Again, click Turn on on the pop-up to confirm the action.
STEPS TO INSTALL APPLE TV APP FOR FIRESTICK
1. Get back to the Firestick home screen and click on the Search icon on the top of the screen.
2. Search for the Downloader app and select the app from the search results.
3. Click on the Get or Download. Wait for the Downloader app to get installed.
4. Now choose Open to open the Downloader app and allow it to access the necessary details.
5. With the Home tab being selected on the left side, press Select on the remote to access the URL field.
6. Type the URL https://bit.ly/3pllbgF for Apple TV and click Go.
7. With this, the Apple TV app gets downloaded. Click Install to install the app on the Firestick.
8. Then, click Open to open the app. Choose Done, and you can delete the apk as it will no longer be required.
9. Click Delete and again click Delete to confirm.
WHY USE VPN ON FIRESTICK?
Contents in Apple TV App are legal and have no copyright infringement. Still, using VPN will make things more accessible and reduce buffering time. Few contents on Apple TV aren’t available due to the geo-restriction. Using VPN will help you to access all those contents without any limitations. Moreover, with the VPN, you are hiding your identity, which in turn hides your IP address and all other information. So, you will stay anonymous and private with a VPN.
GUIDELINES TO USE APPLE TV APP ON FIRESTICk
1.In Your Apps and Channel section of the home screen, click See All. On Apps windows, click the Apple TV App.
2. Press the Menu key on your Fire remote and select Move. Then drag the application to the desired place.
3. Open the Apple TV app, click Start Watching on the Welcome screen.
4. On the Device Analytics screen, choose either Send to Apple or Don’t send. You can change this later on Settings.
5. To start loading the contents, you need to sign in with your Apple ID. Select Settings > Accounts > Sign in.
6. You can either sign-in using a mobile device or on the TV or Create a new Apple ID.
- Sign in with a mobile device: Visit https://www.activateapplecom.com. Click Get Started and enter the code displayed on the TV screen. Then click Continue and sign in with your Apple ID. Or scan the QR code.
- Sign in on TV: Enter your Apple ID and Password then, click Continue.
- Create Apple ID: Follow the on-screen instructions and create your own new Apple ID if you don’t have an existing one.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What do you get with Apple TV on Firestick?
With the Apple TV app on your Firestick, you get access to the Apple TV + originals and your favorite movies, TV shows, sports, live news, etc., as well on your Firestick. Moreover, you will be able to stream channels like CBS All Access, Showtime, etc. You can also watch titles from streaming service, cable, and satellite service providers.
Why can’t I watch Apple TV on my Firestick?
The Apple TV app is available for the Firestick, and it is compatible with it. If it doesn’t work, you need to perform some basic troubleshooting to resolve the issues. Start by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If that doesn’t work, restart the Firestick, update the app, and Firestick Firmware. It will resolve the issue in most cases.
How do you connect Apple TV to other apps?
Open the Apple TV app and log in with your Apple ID. You can get access all its contents. Go to the Watch Now screen and scroll down on the Streaming Channels section. Choose the app you want to connect with and start streaming.
What devices have the Apple TV app?
The Apple TV app is now available for various devices.
- Apple TV
- Smart TVs (Samsung, LG, Vizio, Sony)
- PlayStation and Xbox gaming consoles.
- Roku, Amazon Firestick streaming devices, etc.