Optimum TV is an entertainment streaming platform to enjoy live TV channels, on-demand content of movies, TV shows, news, and sports all in one place. In addition, you can manage your cloud DVR recordings with one touch. With the TV to Go feature, you can discover top networks like Cinemax, HBO Max, Showtime Anytime, Starz, CNN, ESPN, etc. Explore your favorite TV channels in various categories such as Kids, News, Weather, Entertainment, Pop Culture, Reality, Lifestyle, and more. Additionally, you can set up parental controls to restrict your child from accessing mature content. With the Optimum TV mobile app, you can also use it as a remote controller for the Optimum TV box. Let’s discuss how to stream the Optimum TV app on Firestick in detail.
Optimum Subscription Plans & Pricing
Optimum TV currently offers three premium subscription plans: Core TV, Select TV, and Premier TV. You can check the pricing by visiting its official page for exciting offers in your region. Also, you will get free installation at home for online orders.
|Tiers||Total Channels||Top Networks|
|Core TV||220+||Includes AMC, HGTV, ESPN, and more|
|Select TV||340+||Includes Disney XD, IFC, StarzEncore, and more|
|Premier TV||420+||Includes NFL Redzone, HBO, Showtime, Starz, and more|
How to Install Optimum on Firestick
Optimum TV subscribers can easily download the dedicated app from the Amazon App Store directly. Let’s follow the steps to install the Optimum TV app on Firestick.
Quick Guide: From the Fire TV home, select Find >> Search >> type Optimum >> select the app >> Get/Download >> Open.
1) Initially, plug in your Firestick right into the TV with an HDMI port.
2) Make sure you have stable internet and launch the home screen.
3) Choose the Find tab and select the Search option that appears below.
4) Search for Optimum TV once you have entered it in the search field.
5) Click the Optimum TV app from the search result.
6) On the app information window, click Get to install Optimum TV.
7) When the installation is complete, Tap Open to launch the app.
How to Download Optimum on Firestick [Outside the US]
Optimum TV app is only available in the US and its territories. So, it cannot be found on the Amazon App Store outside the US. As a solution, you can install the Downloader app on Firestick for sideloading the Android version on your TV. If you haven’t installed Downloader, follow the instructions to do it now.
Steps to Install Downloader on Firestick
1) From the Firestick home screen, click the Find menu and choose the Search option.
2) Enter Downloader using the on-screen keyboard and locate it.
3) Pick up the Downloader under the Apps & Games section.
4) Next, install the app by clicking the Get/Download button.
5) Later, tap Open to run Downloader.
It is mandatory to check whether you have enabled unknown apps installation on Firestick settings.
1) Hit the Cog icon on the Firestick home screen to launch settings.
2) Select My Fire TV.
3) Click on Developer options.
4) On the next page, select Install unknown apps.
5) In the end, enable the Downloader option by clicking on it.
Steps to Install Optimum TV on Firestick [Using Downloader]
1) Go back to the home screen of Firestick and click the Apps icon.
2) It will take you to the Apps & Channels page.
3) Select and launch the Downloader app once you locate it.
4) Click Allow if it prompts for storage permissions.
5) Select the Home menu and enter the download link of the Optimum TV apk on the URL field.
- Download link: https://bit.ly/3Ht5BHK
6) Tap the Go button to download the Optimum TV apk file.
7) Once it is done, open the downloaded file and click Install.
8) It will take a while to complete the installation.
9) After it gets installed, click Done.
10) Remove the apk file as it is no longer required for Firestick. Tap Delete.
11) If prompted, click Delete again to delete it permanently.
Related: How to Add and Activate MSNBC on Firestick | Live TV
Why Use VPN on Firestick
VPN gives tough security while browsing, and it makes it harder for ISPs and other spammers to keep track of your internet activity. The main goal of a VPN is to protect your privacy and security to the fullest possible. While using a VPN on Firestick, you can unlock the geo-restricted apps and services. Further, there will be no buffering issues as a VPN will help you stay away from ISP throttling.
How to Watch Optimum TV on Firestick
You can find the Optimum TV under the Apps section on the Firestick. Follow the step-by-step instructions to use it on Fire TV.
1) Gently press and hold the Home button on your Firestick remote for 2-3 seconds.
2) Click on Apps to view all the installed applications.
3) Locate and highlight the Optimum TV app.
Note: Press the Play/Pause button on the Firestick remote to highlight.
4) After that, tap the 3-lines menu and choose the Move to Front option.
5) Optimum TV app will be added to the home screen for quick access.
6) Run the Optimum TV app.
7) Log in with your Optimum user ID and password.
8) Click Agree to accept all the terms and conditions.
That’s it! You can start watching Optimum TV content such as live TV channels, sports, news, and many more. If you haven’t created an Optimum ID, you can visit the official webpage and follow the instructions given on the screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can download the Optimum TV app from the Amazon App Store for free.
Yes, you can watch it on the web if you have a valid Optimum subscription. You can visit optimum.net from any browser to access the content.
The Optimum TV app is compatible with iOS, Android, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast, and Kindle Fire Tablet.
You can easily fix the issues by clearing the app cache, updating your Optimum TV app, or updating Firestick to the latest version.