There are lots of cord-cutters, and Firestick by Amazon is one noticeable option. The streaming media player incorporates plug-and-play technology. All you need is to connect the HDMI port of the TV. It lets you install apps, watch apps, play music, etc. Firestick is Android-based, and it converts your standard TV or smart TV. It opened up the possibility for lots of Android apps to be compatible with Firestick. It includes the LocalCast app, and it helps in wirelessly transferring the media files from one another device. You can find more details about LocalCast on Firestick by getting into this section.
What is LocalCast?
If you prefer casting different media files from phone to smart TV, you shall use LocalCast. It is the receiver app for smart TVs, like Firestick, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox, Samsung TV, Sony TV, DLNA devices, etc. It is particularly useful when you want to cast content from apps that aren’t available for smart TV. LocalCast app supports playing music, videos, pictures, etc.
Guidelines to Install LocalCast Firestick
LocalCast is available for Fire TV officially, and you should follow the step-by-step instructions given below to get it.
1. Press the Home key of the Fire TV remote to access the Firestick home screen.
2. Using the navigation keys, select the Search or Magnifier icon from the menu bar.
3. It will open a screen with the search bar and virtual keys. Use the keys to type as LocalCast. You should select it from the below suggestions.
4. Choose the LocalCast app under the My Apps & Games section.
5. On the app info screen, click on the Download or Get icon.
6. Allow the installation process of LocalCast to complete.
7. Click on the Open button to launch the app on your Firestick.
Guidelines to Sideload LocalCast on Firestick
If the above steps don’t work for you, you shall sideload it with the instructions given below.
As we are about to sideload LocalCast as an apk on Fire TV, you should make the below changes.
1. Navigate on the menu bar at the top of Fire TV home to click on Settings.
2. Hover to the right side of the screen to select My Fire TV (System or Device).
3. Go ahead and select the Developer options.
4. By default the Apps from Unknown Sources option will be disabled. Click on it to enable it.
5. On the following screen, select Turn On to proceed with installing a third-party app.
Steps to Sideload LocalCast on Firestick using Downloader
Since LocalCast is available as an Android app, you can get its apk version and sideload it on Fire TV. For this to work, you should have prior installed the Downloader app on Firestick.
1. Navigate to the second row on Fire TV home to select Your Apps & Channels.
2. Find the Downloader app and highlight it to launch it.
3. Under the Home tab, hover to select the URL field.
4. Enter the URL of the LocalCast apk as https://bit.ly/3fEfurV using the on-screen keys and press GO.
5. Allow the Downloader to connect to the above server and download the apk file.
6. Select Install if you get the installation pop-up on your Fire TV.
7. With this, the installation process will begin, and it may take a minute or less.
8. After getting the App installed message, click Done to proceed. Else, select Open to launch the app.
9. On the Download pop-up, you should click the Delete button.
10. Select Delete on the confirmation pop-up to confirm your action.
Related: How to Cast to Firestick
Why Use VPN on Firestick?
You should get the best VPN for Firestick if you consider shielding your online identity. With the VPN, you can stream geo-restricted content without any limits. You can watch videos without buffering issues as the VPN will unblock the ISP throttling. Since your identity is anonymous, you will not be punished for streaming illegal or copyright-protected content.
Guidelines to Use LocalCast on Firestick
The below steps will help you with the steps to use LocalCast on Fire TV.
1. Press the Home button on the Fire remote to click on the Apps option.
2. Hover to the bottom of the screen and highlight the LocalCast tile.
3. Now, press the Play/Pause button of the remote to select the Options.
4. On the pop-up that appears, you should select Move to front.
5. Launch the LocalCast app on your Fire TV.
7. Connect your Android and Firestick to the same Wi-Fi network.
8. Launch the app on your smartphone to proceed.
9. Tap on the Yellow button available at the bottom of the app.
10. Tap the slider next to Fire TV to enable it.
11. When you find the list of available devices, select your Firestick.
12. If the connection gets established, you can cast any media to your Fire TV from Android.
That’s all about installing and using LocalCast on Fire TV. With this app, you can transfer or mirror media from one another device to Firestick. If you want us to assist you on any queries, you can drop a comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of the LocalCast Pro Version?
LocalCast is available for free. Besides this, the Pro version costs $3.99.
What are the unique features of LocalCast?
You can zoom, rotate, and pan on Chromecast and other Google Cast devices. It supports subtitles on Chromecast and Apple TV.
Does LocalCast work on PS3?
No. You cannot use LocalCast on PS3. However, if you have Chromecast, it works.