Firestick is the best of cord-cutters to support a wide range of cable channels. In addition to movies and TV apps, it supports accessing news channels as well. Out of all, this section entirely deals with Fox News on Firestick along with the installation procedure. With this, you will no more have to rely on the cable TV subscription to stay up-to-date about things happening around the world. If that sounds great, then check out this section below for more details about installing and using Fox News on Firestick.
What is Fox News?
Fox News is the most popular cable news channel in America. It will bring you live and breaking news as it happens 24/7. With Fox News, you will watch news live on Fox News Go when browsing the latest headlines and opinion. It gives the trending articles and opinion pieces on entertainment and politics. You will also not miss any business headlines and the latest sports news. Fox News has relevant video, slideshows, and formatted contents that matters to you.
Guidelines to Install Fox News on Firestick
Here are the steps to install the official version of Fox News app on Fire TV.
Important! These installation steps will work only for those in the US as Fox News is region-specific.
1. Open the Amazon App store or select the Search option on your Firestick home screen.
2. Type in the application name as Fox News and select the same when the suggestions get displayed.
- You can also voice search for Fox News if you have Alexa remote.
3. On the next screen, click on the Fox News tile under Apps & Games section.
4. Choose the Get/Download button to download and install the Fox News on your Firestick.
5. Finally, click on the Open button to start accessing Fox News on Fire TV.
Alternative – Guidelines to Install Fox News using Downloader
Fox News has to be sideloaded if you don’t find it officially accessible from Amazon App Store in your region.
1. On your Firestick, select Settings.
2. Scroll to the right and choose My Fire TV.
3. Now, select Developer Options.
4. Choose Apps from Unknown Sources to turn it On.
5. When you get a prompt, choose Turn On to allow third-party app download.
Steps to Sideload Fox News on Fire TV using Downloader
With the Downloader app installed on Fire TV, you shall proceed with the sideloading steps given below.
1. Press the Home button on Fire TV remote to select the Settings option from the top right.
2. Choose Applications and highlight Manage Installed Applications.
3. You shall need to look for Downloader and select it.
4. Select Launch application to open the Downloader app on Firestick.
5. On the home screen of Downloader, click on the URL field.
6. Enter the source URL of the Fox News as bit.ly/3kYedvf and press Go.
7. When connection gets established, download will progress.
8. Select Install when the app prompts you to access your device.
9. If App installed notification appears, select Done or Open.
10. When re-directed to the Downloader home screen, select Delete twice to remove the apk file of Fox News.
Why Use VPN with Fox News?
Fox News is a US-only news service and cannot be accessed outside the state. But with a VPN installed on Firestick, you can take advantage of Fox News region restriction. Choose a VPN with a US server to access Fox News. The VPN will keep your identity anonymous. Upon choosing a US server on the VPN, you can access Fox News from anywhere. Beware, that you need a US TV provider login and just a VPN connection will not work.
Guidelines to Use Fox News on Firestick
With the download and installation, proceed with the steps to use Fox News on your Firestick.
1. Go to Your Apps & Games section of Firestick to select Fox News to launch it.
2. Hover to select Sign in option. You will find the activation code.
3. On your phone or PC, visit https://foxnews.com/connect.
4. Choose the TV provider to login and key in the activation code as shown on Fire TV.
5. Hit Connect button and allow your Fire TV to refresh automatically.
With this, you can stream Fox News on big screen.
Alternative Ways to Watch Fox News on Firestick
Besides the official app, Firestick users can watch Fox News from other apps.
Fox Now App
Fox Now app will allow you to stream the live Fox News on your Firestick. Log in with your TV provider account and enjoy the live streaming.
Sling TV on your Amazon Firestick has Fox News channel support. In Sling Blue ($30/month) and Sling Blue + Orange pack ($45/month), you can watch your Fox News channel live.
With Hulu + Live TV ($54.99) with ads and without ads ($60.99), Fox News is accessible.
AT&T TV Now
To access Fox News over AT&T TV, you should have any of its subscriptions. All its packages support the Fox News channel.
You can also watch Fox News on your Fubo TV with the Fubo Premiere ($45/month) subscription.
Here comes the end of the session. Hope you have got useful information about Fox News. Drop your queries in the comments box.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Fox News available on YouTube TV?
Yes. You can stream Fox News from your existing YouTube TV subscription.
What are the contents that Fox News provides without a subscription?
Even if you don’t subscribe to Fox News, you shall still watch major breaking news and on-demand programs.
Does Fox News support transcripts for its programs?
Yes. Fox News has transcripts for a wide range of program’s and you can find it them on the show page.
Can I watch live and full episodes online?
Yes. But you need to have pay TV login credentials to make use of this feature on Fox News.
Is Fox News channel available online?
Yes. You shall need to click on Watch TV button on the website to watch 10 minutes of Fox News channel before you log in using pay TV credentials. However, you need to have subscribed to TV package with Fox News channel to stream for longer hours.