Amazon’s lineup of media streaming players is all about installing apps, streaming videos, playing music, and more. It has a dedicated app store called Amazon App Store with several hundreds of apps listed under different genres. Firestick converts a standard TV into a smart TV, and all you need is to plug-and-play. Dailymotion is one of the best Firestick-compatible apps, and you can install it to stream videos that matter to you. In this section, you will be getting complete details about Dailymotion on Firestick along with its installation.
What is Dailymotion?
If you want to stream essential videos, Dailymotion is the home. It aims to deliver first-rate videos that matter to the users. You can stay tuned to the trending videos related to sports, news, music, entertainment, etc. It the best tool to explore new videos, channels and you can follow brands, people, etc. Dailymotion brings personalized recommendations, and you can save videos for offline access. You can manage your library to keep track of the content you love.
Guidelines to Install Dailymotion on Firestick
Dailymotion is officially available on Amazon App Store, and its installation is straightforward on Firestick.
1. From the home screen of Firestick, select the Search (Magnifier) menu from the top.
2. With the help of the virtual keyboard, type Dailymotion. Select it when suggestions appear.
3. From the search result, choose the Dailymotion tile under Apps & Games.
4. When redirected to the channel info screen, click on Get or Download.
5. Allow your Firestick to download and install Dailymotion.
6. If you see the Open button in place of Get, click on it launch the app.
Guidelines to Sideload Dailymotion on Firestick
You can sideload any third-party apps like Dailymotion as an apk file on Fire TV. You can follow the section for step-by-step instructions.
The first thing you should perform on your Fire TV to install any unofficial app is tweak its Settings.
1. Navigate on the menu bar of Fire TV home to select the Settings menu.
2. Choose My Fire TV. If you own an older version, select System or Device.
3. On the following screen, click on the Developer options.
4. By default, Apps from Unknown Sources show turned Off. Select it to turn On.
5. If Firestick displays the warning message, click Turn On to proceed.
Steps to Sideload Dailymotion on Firestick
With the above changes, you shall proceed with sideloading Dailymotion on Fire TV using Downloader on Firestick.
1. Navigate to the second row on Fire TV home to open Your Apps & Channels.
2. Look for the Downloader app and click on it.
3. It will open up showing few prompts, which you should allow or dismiss.
4. When the Downloader opens up with the Home tab, hover to click on the URL field.
5. Now, type in the URL of the Dailymotion apk as https://bit.ly/39jmvdO and press GO.
6. Let Downloader connects to the server and starts downloading the apk.
7. If you get the installation pop-up, select Install.
8. Now, wait for a minute or less to let the Downloader complete the installation.
9. When the App installed message appears, select Open to launch it. You shall click Done to proceed further.
10. Choose the Delete option on the Download prompt to remove the Dailymotion apk from Fire TV.
11. On the confirmation pop-up, select Delete.
Related: How to Install TiviMate on Firestick
Why Use VPN on Firestick?
By default, all your internet activity will be monitored by your ISP and government. If you don’t want them to keep track of you, choose a VPN. It will create an encrypted tunnel and secures your internet traffic. With this, your identity and data will stay anonymous and encrypted. With a VPN, you can unblock and take advantage of location-specific content. Further, you will not face video lagging or buffering issues if Fire TV is connected to the internet.
Guidelines to Use Dailymotion on Firestick
The below steps will help you use Dailymotion on Fire TV after the installation.
1. Press the Home button on the Fire remote and navigate to select Apps.
2. Hover to the bottom of the screen to highlight the Dailymotion tile.
3. Now, press the Play/Pause button to choose the Options.
4. Go ahead to click on the Move to front option to access it from the home screen.
5. Launch the Dailymotion app on your Fire TV, and you shall start exploring its videos.
That was all about installing and using Dailymotion on Fire TV. With this, you can dive into endless hours of video watching experience. For any queries or suggestions, you shall leave a comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Dailymotion free?
Yes. Dailymotion is a free entertainment app, and you need not pay any subscription fee.
Can I create playlists on Dailymotion?
Yes. You can create playlists on Dailymotion for a curated video watching experience.
Is Dailymotion compatible with other devices?
Yes. Dailymotion is available for Android, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android TV, web, etc.