The Cox Contour TV app is a wonderful streaming service for watching live TV and on-demand content at home or on the go. It can transform your phone or tablet into a portable TV. The only thing you need to use Cox Contour is a Cox TV subscription. You can watch top channels like CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS, ESPN, and more. Moreover, you will get access to Pluto TV, Tubi, and Xumo to stream thousands of movies and TV shows for free. As the Cox Contour TV app is available on Firestick, it is very simple to install and use the app.
Cox Contour Subscription Plans & Pricing
Currently, Cox Contour TV offers four different tiers based on user requirements.
|Cox Contour TV Plans||Total Channels||Pricing|
|Starter||75+ local channels||$53/month|
|Preferred||140+ local and cable TV channels||$98/month|
|Preferred Plus||170+ local, cable TV, and premium channels||$118/month|
|Ultimate||250+ local, cable TV, and premium channels, |
How to Download Cox Contour on Firestick
1) Click Find from the Fire TV home screen.
2) Tap the Search option under the expanding screen.
3) Type and search for Cox Contour using the virtual keyboard.
4) Pick the app from the search results and click on the Get option.
5) Click Open to launch the app.
How to Sideload the Cox Contour App on Firestick
If the direct method isn’t working, you can sideload it using an Android apk file. Downloader is the best platform to sideload Android apps not available for Firestick. Follow the instructions one by one to do so.
Note: The Downloader app must be installed on the Firestick first to complete the remaining steps.
Steps to Install Downloader on Firestick
1) Select the Find >> Search option from the Firestick home screen.
2) Type Downloader using a virtual keyboard and locate it.
3) Hit the Downloader icon listed under Apps & Games.
4) Next, tap Get/Download to begin the installation.
5) At last, click Open to launch the app.
1) Tap the Settings/Cog icon at the bottom right corner.
2) Select My Fire TV.
3) Further, click on Developer Options.
4) Next, select Install unknown apps.
5) Lastly, turn on the Downloader option.
How to Install Cox Contour App on Firestick [Using Downloader]
1) Run the Downloader app.
2) Click Allow if it prompts for storage permissions.
3) Pick the Home tab, and enter the download link of the Cox Contour TV apk on the URL field.
- Download link: https://bit.ly/3peX5WD
4) Tap the Go button to download the apk file for Firestick.
5) Once completed, click on the downloaded file and select Install.
6) Wait for a while until Cox Contour TV is properly installed.
7) Choose Open to launch the app. Alternatively, click Done to proceed with deleting the apk file.
8) Click Delete to remove the apk file.
9) Again, choose Delete to confirm it.
Why Use VPN on Firestick
VPN provides plenty of benefits for the user to protect their privacy and security against online spammers, hackers, etc. Most importantly, it will grant access to geo-restricted content from anywhere with anonymous VPN servers. In addition, some VPNs like ExpressVPN, CyberGhost, IPVanish, Surfshark VPN, and NordVPN come with a kill switch feature to disconnect your device from the internet in case it loses a VPN connection.
How to Set Up and Use Cox Contour TV on Firestick
The following steps are to activate and stream Cox Contour TV on Firestick.
1) Press and hold the Home button on the Firestick remote for a few seconds.
2) Click on the Apps tile to access the Your Apps Library.
3) From the Apps & Channels window, scroll down and highlight the Cox Contour TV app.
Tip: Press the Play/Pause button on the Firestick remote to highlight.
4) After that, click the 3-line menu and select the Move to Front option.
5) Cox Contour TV is now added to the home screen. Open the app.
6) When the welcome screen appears, click Get Started.
7) Next, you have to log in with your Cox User ID and password.
8) The Cox Contour TV app library opens up.
9) Start watching live TV, movies, and TV shows on your Firestick.
Alternate Method: How to Watch Cox Contour on Firestick
You can alternately watch Cox Contour by visiting their official website using the web browsers like Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Regarding user-friendly interface and faster web access, Google Chrome is our recommendation for Firestick.
Once you have installed the Google Chrome browser on Firestick, follow these instructions to watch Cox Contour on your Firestick.
1) Go back to the Firestick home screen and click on the Apps icon.
2) From the Apps & Channels window, locate the Chrome browser and open it.
3) When a welcome message appears, click Accept & continue.
4) After that, select the Next option.
5) You can see the home page of the Chrome browser.
6) Go to watchtv.cox.com by entering the link in the URL field.
7) Enter your user ID and password, then click Sign in.
8) The library of Cox Contour displays popular movies and TV shows.
9) Click on the title to Play it on Firestick.
Cox Contour Key Components
- It is a hub to stream all channels to those with a susbcription.
- It has parental control settings for child safety.
- You will find all the purchased or rented movies in the purchased subfolder or saved folder.
- Cox Contour offers customization features to filter categories.
Is Cox Contour Server Down?
No, the Cox server is working fine, with a quick response time of 18.21 ms. By testing the URL of Cox Contour, we have confirmed that the server is working fine. If you have any shortage, you can wait for some time, as temporary outages are common during maintenance.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, this app is not available for smart TV.
It is presently supported for Amazon Fire TV, iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Android TV.