Firestick is the #1 streaming media player by Amazon. It is a fully-featured cable TV replacement that is easy to set up and use. Firestick is free, and you shall pay and stream different streaming services. Amazon App Store is a dedicated app store that features tens and thousands of channels. It includes Hulu, Netflix, HBO Now, Prime Video, etc. It is essential to use the best VPN for Firestick to claim higher benefits on all these and more services. While we have discussed some of the VPNs, this section is all about Betternet VPN on Firestick.
What is Betternet VPN?
If you want to access an unlimited VPN, Betternet VPN is all you need. It is a free VPN and offers minimal protection your device requires. Betternet VPN requires no registration and unblocks the websites and services worldwide. Get an ultra-speed streaming experience as this VPN blocks the ISP speed throttling. It will block suspicious malware and phishing sites. So, you can browse more with protection and security. With one tap, Betternet VPN will secure your web traffic and keeps your IP address hidden.
Installation Guidelines of Betternet VPN on Firestick
You shall proceed with the procedure given in the below section to install Betternet VPN on Fire TV.
Fire TV users need to sideload Betternet VPN. Hence, the following steps are mandatory.
1. On your Firestick home screen, navigate on the menu bar to click on Settings.
2. Scroll to the right to choose My Fire TV or Device or System.
3. Click on the Developer options using the down arrow key of the remote.
4. Select Apps from Unknown Sources and enable it if it shows Off.
5. To proceed with the warning message, click on the Turn On button.
Steps to Sideload Betternet VPN on Firestick
The instructions given below will help you with sideloading Betternet VPN on your Fire TV. The section has assumed that you have installed Downloader on Firestick.
1. On your Firestick, launch the Downloader from the home screen.
2. If it opens up with the Home menu selected, click on the http:// field.
3. Provide the URL of the Betternet VPN using the screen keyboard as https://bit.ly/2oEZL3P. Click GO.
4. On the window that appears, select the Download Apk button.
5. With this, Betternet VPN will start its downloading process on the Fire TV.
6. On the installation window, select Install to proceed.
7. Wait until the installation process to finish on your Firestick.
8. Once if you get App installed message, press Open to launch it. Select Done to proceed.
9. To remove the Betternet VPN apk, press the Delete button.
10. Press the Delete button again to confirm removing the apk.
Why Use VPN on Firestick?
You should connect your Firestick to a VPN to get secured internet access. It will keep your identity private and anonymous. With this, you can stream anything without any limits. A VPN will never let the ISP and government keep an eye on your internet activity. So, you can take advantage of geo-restricted sites and streams, censorship issues, video buffering, etc.
Guidelines to Use Betternet VPN on Firestick
You need to follow the steps given below to use the Betternet VPN on your Fire TV.
1. Press the Home key on your Fire remote to select Apps.
2. Scroll down and highlight Betternet VPN.
3. Press the Menu button to select Options and click on Move to front.
4. With this, Betternet VPN goes to the top rows on the installed apps. Click on it.
5. When it opens up, press the Connect button, and your Fire TV gets connected to the nearest server.
That was all the info we have got for you regarding Betternet VPN on Fire TV. We hope this section was useful to you. For any queries or suggestions, leave a comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the subscription cost of Betternet VPN?
Betternet VPN is free. However, you can get its premium subscription at $95.88/yr ($7.99 for 12 months) or $12.99/month.
What are the features available on Betternet VPN premium?
You will get a faster connection, ad-free VPN, different locations, high-quality support, and five simultaneous connection.
Is there a free trial available with the Betternet VPN?
Yes. Betternet VPN offers a 7-day free trial.