Amazon Firestick is the best streaming device that lets you stream video, install apps, play music and games, etc on your TV. The device is built on the Android Platform. The Firestick is no bigger than a USB drive and you can plug the device into your TV HDMI port. From Amazon App Store, you can install the Android apps on the device. And you can also sideload the apps on the device. The device works with the internet and it comes with its own remote with voice control features. BBC iPlayer is the best app to watch all the BBC channels shows. Proceed with the below section of this guide to install and stream BBC iPlayer on Amazon Firestick.
What is BBC iPlayer?
BBC iPlayer is a video-on-demand streaming app from the BBC. BBC is the leading public service broadcaster in the UK. The app BBC iPlayer offers catch-up TV and radio content from popular BBC shows. Further, you can watch favorite TV shows and films that are telecasted on any BBC channel. You will enjoy the streaming in HD quality. According to your previous streaming, you will get personalized recommendations on the app. In addition, the app even supports offline. Moreover, you can pause and restart live TV across different devices. With the On Now feature on the app, you can stream the content on air. You can even build a playlist of your favorite programs. However, BBC iPlayer is not available on Firestick. So, we have to sideload the apk file on the device.
Guidelines to Sideload BBC iPlayer on Firestick
As we are going to install the third-party apk file, certain changes are mandatory on Firestick. Look below to configure Firestick.
1. Boot up your streaming device and ensure that you have connected the device to the internet connection.
2. Go to the Firestick home screen to click on the Find menu.
3. Select the Search tile and type Downloader in the search bar.
4. Pick up the app from the search results.
5. Further, click on the Download button on the app information screen.
6. Once the app is installed, return back to the home screen and click on Settings.
7. Click on My Fire TV and select Developer Options.
8. Go ahead to click on Install Unknown Apps from the next screen.
9. Toggle the switch for the Downloader app.
Install BBC iPlayer on Firestick using Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app from the Firestick home screen.
2. Click on the URL field and type BBC iPlayer download link as https://bit.ly/2Mf7Eag and tap on the Go button.
3. Once the app is downloaded, click on the Install button to begin the installation.
4. Further, click Open to launch BBC iPlayer on Firestick and start streaming.
Why Use a VPN?
A virtual private network (VPN) offers you online privacy and anonymity by creating a private network from a public internet connection. It masks your IP address so that no one can access your private information when surfing the net. The encryption takes place in real-time. With the VPN on Firestick, you can access any geo-restricted content.
Alternative Method using ES File Explorer
1. Download and install the ES File Explorer app on Firestick.
2. From the home screen click on Settings –> My Fire TV –> Developer Options –> Install Unknown Apps.
3. Turn on the ES File Explorer app and launch the app from the home screen.
4. Click the Downloader option.
5. Further, select the New+ option.
6. Enter https://bit.ly/2Mf7Eag in the Path field and type the name as BBC iPlayer.
7. Click Download now.
8. Once the app is downloaded, click Install and click Open to launch the app.
Guidelines to Use BBC iPlayer on Firestick
The below-given steps will help you to use BBC iPlayer on Firestick.
1. Press the Home button on Firestick remote and choose Settings.
2. Select Applications and click Manage Installed Applications.
3. Select the BBC iPlayer app and highlight the Launch Application option.
4. Select Move to Front and get back to the Firestick home screen.
5. Hover to click on Sign in and enter the account details.
6. Finally start streaming the shows from BBC iPlayer on Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why does BBC iPlayer keep buffering on Firestick?
Buffering is caused because of your poor internet connection. If you want to have smooth streaming, you should have a strong internet connection.
2. Why can’t I load BBC iPlayer?
It is because of the cache memory on your device. So, if you clear browsing data and cache memory from the device, your problem will be solved. After this, if you continue to have the problem, reinstall the app.